G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 05:06 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by SomeName
I saw that too. Didn't have time to check it out. We were getting harassed by a sales woman so I got the hell out of there. My 2 idiot friends actually gave her their emails for the promise of a $50 gift card. She said they would just have to fill out a survey. Turns out they have go test drive a Ford to get it. And now they'll get spam emails forever.
You can always unsubscribe. If your friends have a cool Ford dealer a lot of times they will just ask if they are serious about a car or if they just want the gift card and give it to them. If not, getting a $50 gift card to test drive any new car they make is not a bad deal. The new Bronco is pretty cool. Not sure how long until the new Mustang hits lots, but that might be worth trying out for $50 if their offer does not expire right away. Or they could just say they want to drive some car they are sold out of and just get the gift card.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:04 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
[insert diatribe about the benefits of a throw-away email account here]

No car related stuff for the G. Changed oil, rear struts, both belts,and idler pulley on the CX5. About to do an Android stereo replacement for my wife's birthday but need to sit and piece the harness parts together at a table first. 120K miles and she doesn't like the looks of anything else so... here's to 200K lol!
Old 03-14-2023, 04:15 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 325 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
They do offer these with chrome, check ebay. From what I've heard, these are not as good as OEM, but better than the OEMmassive (GTR), for output. I hate any Chrome personally, unless it's on a muscle car. Wish they would have came out with a midnight edition G37 like they did with so many Nissans.
Last car was a 2006 Altima SER, bought new than passed down to me in 2008, then drove it til I bought my G (miss the car, but don’t miss FWD).

Anyways, the SER trim came with smoked chrome headlight and taillight housings that looked great. Wish the Sport trim for the G sedan came with these. Actually, I believe housings are darker than non-S models, but the difference is so subtle that’s it’s difficult to notice even while they’re side-by-side. Like why even bother? Maybe the designers thought they’d be darker, but then production began and it’s was very dark. But it wasn’t worth it to revise. I dunno, just spitballing here. Would love to know more about the product design process behind these cars…

The following users liked this post:
SupraOfDoom (03-14-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 09:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
My wife and I were road raged yesterday by young man in a G37x Sedan.

We were in two lanes merging into one after a stop light intersection. Our Forester was in the thru lane on the left, a car length ahead, and he was in the merge lane on the right behind another car that was beside us. The intersection merge was clearly marked with a road sign. But instead of merging, he stuck like glue to the car in front of him, forcing us to occupy the same space after the merge. Then he slammed his brakes, and swung around to our left into the center turning lane. He actually raced passed our car in the turning lane, swung back in front and brake checked us. My wife and I were stunned, and I got angry at that point and flipped him off. He responded in kind, raced ahead, then fully stopped in the middle of the road and made like he was going to get out of his car. We could see him arguing with his passenger, and then he threw his Slurpy at us (missed) and raced away, arms flailing in anger out his window. He seriously threw his drink at us! I don't think anybody has ever done that to me before.

I'm thinking to myself now, how could I have avoided that? What if he actually got out of his car to confront me? What if he had a gun? What if his rage was so overwhelming that he actually collided with us on purpose? Because he nearly did. All I can think of is that I shouldn't have returned the bird. Or maybe in that split second when I realized he was going to use his car as a battering ram that I should have pulled away and let crazy be crazy. I don't know, there's always second guessing how what could've been done.

Wow. Just wow. The whole thing went from zero to 100 is a matter of seconds, with rage that was all in his angry little head.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-17-2023 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:52 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
After I had a guy get out of his car and traffic and start banging on my window, I never respond to road ragers. Just back off and let them pass.

In my situation, the guy thought I "cut him off" when I merged in front of him with literally 30 feet behind my car, he started honking at me and raced around, so I responded by honking at him. It was during traffic, so had nowhere to go, he got out of his car and started slamming at my window telling me to shut the **** up and lay off my ****ing horn. Thankfully a cop saw and came over, I don't really know what I would have done otherwise.
Rochester (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 10:45 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,279 Likes on 1,034 Posts
⇑⇑⇑ Sounds like a common day around here....

Glad all are safe.
iCrap (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 12:36 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Keep in mind that you're driving a 3600# weapon, and so are they. If they pull over - don't - just keep going. If they stop you and you feel unsafe, drive. Push them out of the way if you need to - person or car - but you should honestly have a dashcam for the inevitable police interaction.

I'm not giving legal advice here, BTW - just to be clear. This is more what-we-learned-for-driving-in-convoys in the ME AOR. Your life is worth more than the bumper, or the entire car for that matter.

I personally have been shot at and brandished at - gotta love the South where guns are more important than people - and had I not been armed and trained on how to respond to that, it might have been bad. But both of those incidents show how situational awareness while driving is king of staying alive, and that requires no armor or weapon other than your mind.
iCrap (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 02:07 PM
thescreensavers
Registered Member

Received 83 Likes on 64 Posts
Pulled some parts from the JY, got a 35HR intake while I was there, its been a while since I been at the JY but dang this felt expensive. $125 before they hit me with all the environmental fee's and tax lol.

Old 03-17-2023, 02:17 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Holy cow. I've had a few of them and never paid more than $50.

I should get off my *** and start the 37 fuel rail to 35 lower manifold refit, so I can use an unmolested 35 manifold with the proper bolts instead of slotted bolt holes on a 37 lower manifold that I have now.

On a positive note - my wife and I are discussing the root problem of me working on a car (mine, hers, whatever) - I need a building to do so in. So we're starting to explore getting some land and a shop building, or at least temporarily renting a shop building somewhere.
Old 03-17-2023, 03:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
So I called the town's Public Works department about the intersection. They told me to call NY Department of Transportation.

So I called the state number for NYDOT, and they gave me a local number. Called that number, and they gave me the contact info for the person I should really be talking to. And turns out that person was super kind and professional. Fast forward to this afternoon, and he called me back to tell me they'll be installing a second road sign. The one there now is a pictogram of the merge right to left. And the new sign will read "Right Lane Ends".

End of the day, I convinced New York to put up a new road sign. I'm feeling pretty good about this. Like I should take a sharpie and sign it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
hexotic (03-17-2023), Sea Stories (03-18-2023), STownSaint (03-27-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 08:38 PM
Sea Stories
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
@rotarymike ’s wife rules!
Old 03-19-2023, 05:17 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Originally Posted by Sea Stories
@rotarymike ’s wife rules!
More like she's trying to stave off me building a garage workshop in our relatively small back yard.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:47 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Folks, I'm having a senior moment. I can't find the gas-slow-filling thread I had bookmarked, and I've got the back end up to lower the tank.

From what I recall, it was the tube from tank to evap cannister that gets replaced - not the tank to filler neck hose. Anyone have better luck finding the page with the fix?

This is for when the gas tank won't take more than 6ish gallons of gas when below 1/4 tank, regardless of how slow I pump it the pump cuts off. Works fine above 1/4 tank.

I think there's a splash shield that was a fix for older G37/G35 cars, but this is not that. I think.
Old 03-19-2023, 06:36 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,279 Likes on 1,034 Posts
Not sure what thread you are referring, but here is a copy of the TSB that was applied to these cars...(pdf attached). Not sure how helpful it is, but...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ITB17-026b.pdf (958.2 KB, 28 views)
rotarymike (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 06:45 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Thanks - that's the TSB. I'm hoping I don't have to drop everything off the rear of the car just to get my hand in there and change a darn hose.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread