G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 11:41 AM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 325 Likes on 249 Posts
That is kinda sad, the G35 coupe is a beautiful car (prefer it to the G37 coupe design).

Reality is once cars become accessible to the creative youth, they fall under the knife and let’s just say execution isn’t always the greatest (imagination seems to often exceed commitment/resources)…
Old 12-10-2022, 06:31 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Oh, that's nothing... i've seen some real ****ed ones for sale on FB marketplace. It's pretty sad what people are doing to these cars now lol
Old 12-11-2022, 08:46 PM
TheRob
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
To badge or to not badge

So I've got a 09' G37x, and it has total badges on the back, including the S. It doesn't look bad, but I'm planning on doing a carbon rear diffuser if I can find one that doesn't look obnoxious and also trying to find lights that more look like GTR style. I'm debating on taking off all the badges in the back. If I were to keep one, it would be the primary Infiniti logo that I blacked out. I've always taken them off on previous cars and ran clean, even on my M3. My thoughts were, "if you don't know, then you don't know."

I'm all black and murdered, for reference.

How do you guys feel about going clean and taking off the badges?
Old 12-11-2022, 08:51 PM
TheRob
Registered Member

That is vomit worthy. Some people take their "creativity" too far and just destroy the entire design of the car.

This looks like if the Tesla Cyber Truck and this G spent a drunken night together, this would be the condomless outcome.
The following users liked this post:
abrecos (12-20-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 08:57 PM
TheRob
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
This morning I found myself repeatedly catching up to a Challenger Hellcat as he sprinted from stoplight to stoplight. Nobody was challenging him (no pun), he was doing that all one his own, just wailing on the car. It was hunter green, with grey racing stripes, green halos in the headlights, all kinds of aero all around, and these incredibly wide tires. And I think that was all stock, but IDK.

OMG the noise and speed that thing makes is ridiculous. I don't think there's any way to drive a Hellcat that doesn't make you an ahole to all the other cars on the road.

Wow, just wow.
They are fun cars, for sure. I took one home for a few days while debating if I wanted to buy it. I ended up bringing it back and saying no thanks. Sure, they are fast as hell in a straight line, but it had not much forgiveness even trying to take an on-ramp at 50. I saw a sticker the other day on a car that said, "Built not bought" and that kind of helped make up my mind. Beautiful cars and amazing what they have done to their entire line, but there just isn't as much gratification for me when building something and reaping those rewards. Unpopular opinion, I'm sure.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:41 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRob
So I've got a 09' G37x, and it has total badges on the back, including the S. It doesn't look bad, but I'm planning on doing a carbon rear diffuser if I can find one that doesn't look obnoxious and also trying to find lights that more look like GTR style. I'm debating on taking off all the badges in the back. If I were to keep one, it would be the primary Infiniti logo that I blacked out. I've always taken them off on previous cars and ran clean, even on my M3. My thoughts were, "if you don't know, then you don't know."

I'm all black and murdered, for reference.

How do you guys feel about going clean and taking off the badges?
Yes, it becomes much cleaner. I originally kept just the logo also blacked out, then got rid of it all.

Non over-the-top CF diffuser would be AutokitX. Im hunting for a used one myself still, but it is not looking good haha.
Tail lights in GTR style don't exist as a ready product (as far as I know), but can be retrofitted with LED panels from Bilal Agaev from EXL Conepts. It has the same design as the r34, and he has different variations including halos.
You can find them on FB, but its not a simple task, rear lights are quite the challenge to retrofit because theyre permanently sealed.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,643 Likes on 3,474 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Hmm. Somebody sure did obsess over wheel fitment, and totally nailed it in this pic.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
BULL (12-13-2022), hexotic (12-12-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 12:03 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Alright, I've been thinking of selling my current Rays and getting some new Rays. They are both Nismo's, one classic, one new. Which one would you go with? LMGT4's are 18's and the LM-RS1's are 19's. Which do you think I should go with?

I personally really like the 5 spokes, but the other ones also look very clean. More personal preference than anything else. Both look great
Old 12-13-2022, 02:59 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
I would say 5 spoke, but I have a bias for liking that style of wheel.
BoomerSpeed01 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 03:13 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
5 spokes as well, looks way better imo
Old 12-13-2022, 08:00 PM
TheRob
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
Yes, it becomes much cleaner. I originally kept just the logo also blacked out, then got rid of it all.

Non over-the-top CF diffuser would be AutokitX. Im hunting for a used one myself still, but it is not looking good haha.
Tail lights in GTR style don't exist as a ready product (as far as I know), but can be retrofitted with LED panels from Bilal Agaev from EXL Conepts. It has the same design as the r34, and he has different variations including halos.
You can find them on FB, but its not a simple task, rear lights are quite the challenge to retrofit because theyre permanently sealed.
Looks clean af. That's what I'm going for and since we both have black, that's a perfect point of reference. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2022, 02:53 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
I rarely post here, but frequently lurk. Coming up on 6 years of ownership of my 2012 G37S. Car has 76k miles on it, so rather low. I recently moved somewhere that requires snow tires rather than just all seasons. So, I now have Vredestein Wintrac Pro snow tires on the duckfeet wheels. I am pleasantly surprised with how well the car works in the snow with the snow tires, despite being RWD. The LSD no doubt helps, as does the weight distribution.

I have always wanted different wheels, but, being thrifty, could never justify it. But the need for snow tires has pushed me over the edge and I am going to buy summer wheels and tires. Currently thinking of the Konig Hypergram in grey. They are very lightweight, I like the motorsport style look, and they claim to be designed to clear big brakes.

Since I am spending the money on wheels and tires, plus the low miles, and really how awesome this car drives, I am thinking of doing a few more things I've always wanted to do. Only mods so far are Mishimoto post-maf tubs and AFE drop-in filters. Thinking of doing exhaust, Z1 diff brace, Z1 silicone hoses. Maybe NiftyCity Android Auto. Maybe coilovers, perhaps Z1 S-Pro or BC BR. I really go back and forth in my mind on the coilovers. I have always been very pleased with the ride and performance of the stock S suspension. But, the car would look better and probably perform better with coilovers. But not sure its worth the tradeoff in loss of practicality.

These really are great cars, underrated by most.
Old 12-15-2022, 02:56 PM
PDG
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Alright, I've been thinking of selling my current Rays and getting some new Rays. They are both Nismo's, one classic, one new. Which one would you go with? LMGT4's are 18's and the LM-RS1's are 19's. Which do you think I should go with?

I love the 5-spoke NISMOs
Old 12-15-2022, 03:50 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
^^^^^ This. I do too, but 18" is the deal killer.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:56 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by PDG
Since I am spending the money on wheels and tires, plus the low miles, and really how awesome this car drives, I am thinking of doing a few more things I've always wanted to do. Only mods so far are Mishimoto post-maf tubs and AFE drop-in filters. Thinking of doing exhaust, Z1 diff brace, Z1 silicone hoses. Maybe NiftyCity Android Auto. Maybe coilovers, perhaps Z1 S-Pro or BC BR. I really go back and forth in my mind on the coilovers. I have always been very pleased with the ride and performance of the stock S suspension. But, the car would look better and probably perform better with coilovers. But not sure its worth the tradeoff in loss of practicality.

These really are great cars, underrated by most.
I'd skip the diff brace and silicone hoses if you don't need to do a repair in that area. Exhaust I highly recommend. I think the coilovers are too much for a 100% street car - even including autocross. For a track car, sure.
abrecos (12-23-2022)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread