G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Aeroneer1
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Had the tint on back and windshield redone, but just drove to work and home and lookin good in the late summer sun.

The following users liked this post:
STownSaint (09-26-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 06:32 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 245 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Just letting you guys know about a group buy going on, on facebook/ig. It's for a pretty aggressive CF hood so it may not interest the old guards here. Render of it so far. We have 7/10 slots so far. Search group "=AZWOrBKCmGkeFCPMuILGLqdGwJCUjEYIe5l-k5Me3zYZ3YaFp8xOpH7cRD0duQkkV1F4y1Nb3B35AFp6t554_0 rB1oIhEKqyZzMItZerXsTD0wACxxODM--uhvR4JSy-1jcW13i7CiQGPGq6XEMapPpTAbaujVLxgQl0Lu0-cx_y88Z-ldDrTxRKipp18hUnI1Q&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R]G37 Carbon hood" on fb.
Alright the final product has made it into production, this is it! I'm the 2nd buyer and got a cool plaque to go with it.

Sedan Chat Thread-xciettlh.jpg

Sedan Chat Thread-nnrqbyth.jpg

Sedan Chat Thread-ywxdfmhh.jpg

Sedan Chat Thread-ca0jqsmh.jpg

Sedan Chat Thread-5yoocsjh.jpg
Old 09-19-2021, 05:03 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 482 Likes on 404 Posts
If it didn't have the window in the center, I'd be interested... but good luck with selling them. We need more G37 parts makers!

ALSO for other folks - are the OEM lower intake manifold-cylinder head gaskets metal? IE reusable?
Old 09-24-2021, 10:45 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Haven't driven my car in a week or so, get in and i see this big crack on my dash I guess the heat got to it finally, shocking how fast it spread. Need to figure out how to stop it from spreading and fill it before it gets worse

Old 09-26-2021, 07:43 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Aeroneer1
Had the tint on back and windshield redone, but just drove to work and home and lookin good in the late summer sun.
Lookin sharp, blacked out sedan with coupe 19s is an award-winning combo. Not biased at all…

If only someone in the aftermarket would make Fuji emblem center caps with a black background. Feel that they’d really set off those wheels.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:55 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Haven't driven my car in a week or so, get in and i see this big crack on my dash I guess the heat got to it finally, shocking how fast it spread. Need to figure out how to stop it from spreading and fill it before it gets worse

And so it starts...

The best It ever got for me was JB blck RTv. About the same color as the factory dash.
I put some in a thick syringe and filled the cracks that way, I left some excess to shave it off once it dries to account for shrinkage.
Good luck!
Old 09-27-2021, 10:32 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

I did buy some RTV, I should get a syringe as well. Any pics of how yours turned out?
Old 09-27-2021, 10:37 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,334 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
If only someone in the aftermarket would make Fuji emblem center caps with a black background.
Something like these?
Old 10-07-2021, 12:13 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

https://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehicle...l=en&html=true

Some busted deals here. Sport rotors for $38, pads for $15. Few other random bits
The following users liked this post:
ngolbuff (10-07-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 03:43 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 110 Posts
Random piece of conversation for you guys today:

If my crypto investment does super well, I have plans. PLANSSSSSSS for the G.

I'm talking -

Z1 headers - $1,225
Fix my resonated cats flanges to work with Z1 headers and fix my exhaust rattle / leak - $350~
(possibly switch to Fast Intentions 2.5" catback with 18" resonators)
4.08 FD, new bushings, fluid, and diff brace - $1,000~
Z Speed Stage 2 Clutch / lightweight flywheel, CMAK, and new master cylinder - $1,425~
Brake pads, 2 piece rotors, fluid - $1,500~
Labor - $????

I'm willing to spend about $10,000, drop off my car to Z1 and let them do all the labor.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
That's a whole lot all at once. My god, it will transform your car. I can only imagine the look on your face that first drive after getting a LW flywheel and short rear gears at the same time. Also, that's a lot of labor hours. I mean, you'll benefit from Z1's shop experience for sure, but still... parts & labor could easily blow past that $10K target. Good luck.

New headers... you going to re-tune?
Old 10-08-2021, 04:59 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

Hahaha, I know, it's a lot of things. Well, I know for a fact, no matter if my crypto does well or not, that I'm going to be doing the pads, rotors, fluid, and the 4.08s, clutch/flywheel, and diff brace. Brakes need the maintenance soon and the stock drivetrain sucks and it really makes my car feel sloppy and slow. So that's going to be costly anyway. If I have the additional crypto money, I'm just going to go all out like I mentioned above and get it all done at once, possibly getting a discounted price on some items if z1 does all the work.

DEFINITELY gonna need a re-tune if I do the headers. I've even thought about JWT C2 cams lol, daydreamin!
Old 10-08-2021, 05:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The diff brace is so inexpensive and a relatively easy install, not sure I'd even itemize it. That said, if you're shop is swapping in short gears then by all means have them throw on the diff brace when they're done.

Or... now that I think about it, maybe hold off for a little bit. IIRC, it's recommended that you drain & fill your diff a second time after a short while with the new gears, and that might be easier to do without the brace installed.
Old 10-08-2021, 05:17 PM
backman_66
Registered Member

That's good advice, thanks!

This year has been kinda "meh" for the G. I've saved most of my mod money to invest. Only thing I've accomplished is that twin loop muffler project, which turned me pretty sour because I trusted a local exhaust shop to do the job right. Everything lines up well, and their welds are great, but the problem is on my Y-pipe, there's a section where it goes from 2.5" to 2.25" and the shop used the technique of expanding one side and slipping the other pipe inside, and then welded it.

Since 1 piece of pipe is slipped inside another, there's a super annoying "rattle" or "buzzing" from the little sound waves that come off of that. It makes my exhaust sound so cheap and leaky and.. ugh I don't even like thinking about it. It's amazing how one stupid thing can ruin the feel of my entire car. It's really discouraged me because I have spent quite a bit of time getting everything right with that twin loop muffler setup. Now if I mention to my wife that I need the exhaust rattle repaired, after everything I've already been through, she's gonna flip. Sigh..

This is another reason I just want to take my car to a reputable shop like z1 and just have them FIX IT. The whole purpose of my car is to be Sport+, luxury sedan, refined, but meaty, etc etc. This is why I want z1 headers but I want them to modify my existing RHFC flange to match the headers, instead of using DE Cats (non-resonated).

EDIT: You seem to have similar tastes Rochester. How loud is that 2.5" FI exhaust with 18" resonators? Is it still mature and can you still keep it quiet when you want? Or do you feel a little bit too "childish" or obnoxiously loud at times?
Old 10-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by backman_66
How loud is that 2.5" FI exhaust with 18" resonators? Is it still mature and can you still keep it quiet when you want? Or do you feel a little bit too "childish" or obnoxiously loud at times?
It's subjective, what is or isn't loud. But the word "mature"... that's interesting.

Keep in mind, I also have FI's resonated high-flow cats. So there's little resonators right at the cats, two 18" resonators in-line, and the Sebring Tuning tips are resonated. Collectively, the exhaust note is pretty well modulated. And absolutely it's obvious this isn't a factory exhaust, but it sounds way more exotic that you would expect from a common sedan. So yeah, the word "mature" fits well. I never feel the exhaust is childish. Perhaps if my driving is childish (which happens), then I might feel the exhaust is calling attention to me in a way I'd rather it didn't. But that's not the fault of the exhaust, it's the driver.

I've had the cats now for 7 years, and the catback for the last 6. Zero regrets. Lots of pride.

That's a shame about the twin loop. Honestly, the whole point of the twin loop design is to create a unique sound, because the very concept seems kind of silly, and it looks rather silly. But if the sound is awesome, it's all good. So if the sound doesn't live up to your expectations, well damn. Good try then, I suppose.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread