G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 02:46 AM
wooody
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tein lowering springs

I got Tein SKP92-BUB00 - High Tech Springs for my G37x AWD sedan. Was wondering if it fits? since the website I was in said that its only for RWD.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:19 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
So this box came today:

I actually thought they'd be shiny black, but wrinkle finish even better IMHO. Now for filters... anyone know if R2C still makes filters, and where to get them? Most of the sites that come up on google are out of stock, and the dealer listed for me is Summit Racing which doesn't list much other than some go kart filters.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:29 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
So this box came today: /img/ I actually thought they'd be shiny black, but wrinkle finish even better IMHO. Now for filters... anyone know if R2C still makes filters, and where to get them? Most of the sites that come up on google are out of stock, and the dealer listed for me is Summit Racing which doesn't list much other than some go kart filters.
Odd that R2C storefront isn't working properly. Importpartspro doesn't show on backorder in their storefront. Did you try them? Great customer service.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:41 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

I did not - I'll call before ordering though. R2C is the de facto favorite synthetic filter, right? I don't want an oiled filter right up front. I'm not really in love with cotton gauze to start with. I looked at Apexi, AEM dryflow, HKS mushrooms and a few others and this seems to be the best; if not these, then I'm kinda stuck with K&N. I guess with the water screen bags on them they wouldn't get quite as nasty as quickly as I've had on other cars in the past.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:50 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
I did not - I'll call before ordering though. R2C is the de facto favorite synthetic filter, right? I don't want an oiled filter right up front. I'm not really in love with cotton gauze to start with. I looked at Apexi, AEM dryflow, HKS mushrooms and a few others and this seems to be the best; if not these, then I'm kinda stuck with K&N. I guess with the water screen bags on them they wouldn't get quite as nasty as quickly as I've had on other cars in the past.
I love mine. Paired with Ztubes. I did a lot of research before I purchased several years ago. Can't ever go back to K&N now. I'm a little worried that you are having a hard time ordering them. I'm considering ordering another set just in case.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:32 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

So I emailed - apparently I'm not really feeling like talking to anyone via voice today. :shrug:

I've got Z1 afterMAF silicone, replacement MAF housings, and the nose off so... why not?

update: customer service at IPP verified that R2C had two to drop ship to me. So that part is ordered.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to wrap up the lights project this weekend, or wait for a demon eye LED. I'm thinking purple since my little girl says my car is a nightfury like Toothless...

//the things we do for our kids.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
I've got the R2C Black Hex filters. They look pretty cool. Are they any better than anything else?

Here's a pic of the original filter next to the Black Hex, something like four years ago.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:29 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

That's what I ordered. From searching for part #s, they don't seem to make the white ones any more.

With the positioning of the filters on a long tube setup, I wanted something that wasn't oiled, else I might have to clean it weekly. Cotton gauze that isn't oiled isn't a great filter.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Ryan Gromoll
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently looking at buying a ‘13 G37X and I went to go look at the car today, I noticed that the trunk lid figment between the lid and the rear fenders were different on both sides, could this figment issue have came from the factory like this? The CarFax on this car is clean, it has 59k on the odometer, and it’s being sold at a Porsche dealership. Does anyone think this could be from damage? Please take a look at the photos and tell me what you think.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:36 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Hey folks - any scoop on memorial day sales at Home Depot? I've outgrown my toolbox and I'm looking at this after recommendations from some friends that are pro auto and aircraft mechanics: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-He...BB2S/303412321

Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Have you guys seen this? They've built some impressive systems for other cars that have raving reviews. Im really curious to see where this goes.

Last edited by hexotic; 05-22-2020 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Its interesting for sure. I noticed they said they figured out how to get into the CANBUS and do climate control from the android tablet.... that's something ive been wanting to get working on my car.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Yes, that's one of the several things that kept me from getting one of those Chinese Tesla screens
Old 05-23-2020, 05:04 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Have you guys seen this? They've built some impressive systems for other cars that have raving reviews. Im really curious to see where this goes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9T9eKcmIA
This does seem interesting and I hope they have better luck than those Chinese Tesla screens that everyone keeps complaining about. How much is this kit going to cost? The cell phone pocket is an interesting add on and would be great if it were wireless.

If you gained android auto and apple car play I guess that would be useful sometimes, but what are the other reasons to do this aside from bragging about having a big touch screen? I think it may look a bit out of place as the rest of the interior is rather low tech and and you would lose the continuity of the nice aluminum trim across the dash. I have a feeling that people will also learn pretty quickly that trying to use a digital screen to adjust climate is a bit of a pain compared to actual *****. I hope they don't lose any sound quality with the stereo or rear view camera- two big issues with the Chinese Tesla screens.

Either way, I am interested to see how this turns out.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Whiterocket
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan Gromoll

I am currently looking at buying a ‘13 G37X and I went to go look at the car today, I noticed that the trunk lid figment between the lid and the rear fenders were different on both sides, could this figment issue have came from the factory like this? The CarFax on this car is clean, it has 59k on the odometer, and it’s being sold at a Porsche dealership. Does anyone think this could be from damage? Please take a look at the photos and tell me what you think.
most likely the car was hit and repaired with out going through insurance. All gaps around the car on any panel should be the same. Open doors etc and look for signs of new paint. Usually when gaps are off the car was in an accident.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread