Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 04:09 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
My titanium **** is 450 grams.
The Raceseng Sphereology shift **** feels like it weighs a ton, but it is only 470 grams, or just over 1 lb. Then again, the really light shift ***** weigh a fraction of that, but it is amazing how much difference in shift feel there is for 1/2 lb. of shift **** weight. And thus concludes my comparison of Rochester's **** weight.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:37 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 472 Likes on 395 Posts
Hey sedan fam. I'm fixing to paint/mod headlights for something to do, and I'm reading bits and pieces about a secondary cutoff line tab in the projector mask that needs to come off to get a sharp line. Does anyone have pics or can point me to a thread? I've searched and searched and either the pics are dead or there is no picture of the pre-mod/post-mod so I'm not sure what they're modding.

I've got STIr lenses and painting the housing black - that's it I think.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Sesh
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain the trim difference on the sport sedan vs the base / journey model
Old 05-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Sesh
Can someone explain the trim difference on the sport sedan vs the base / journey model
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...y-awd-6mt.html
Old 05-06-2020, 09:49 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

I was kinda expecting just a "yes" answer to that and leave them to search on their own... guess I wasn't feeling too charitable yesterday (massive headache).

I do still want to talk about the headlight thingy if anyone has some insight.

In other news... any recommendations for K&N cone filters on a long tube? I'm creating my own so I can eventually use the 2.5" air-straightener MAF housings I have (I know I need a tune to use those fully). Have Z1 aftermaf silicone, aluminum intercooler piping kit, spare stock airbox cutoff maf housings, and spare throttle bodies to port/polish.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Migraines? Boy, do I get migraines. I don't track them, but when it happens I rate them 1 to 10 so the family knows what to expect. At least once a week for an 8 hour stretch, usually in the morning. And they cluster... like sometimes I can expect it every day, and sometimes days go by and I keep forgetting what it's like to have one. When it's bad, it's really bad, like sit in the dark and don't move kind of bad.

Such is life, which better than the alternative.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:58 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

One of my best friends, trusted mechanic crew and racing buddies has cluster migraines too. He tried everything from over the counter to gabapentin with mixed success - I think he uses some south american herbal tea (yerba matte? Is that a thing?) that has high caffeine and a few other active ingredients to manage (not stop) the pain. Takes his recovery time from 1/2 day down to an hour or two. I'll ping him today and see what it was - we need to talk TIG welding anyway.

Mine are more like massive dehydration / hangover headaches - without drinking alcohol, and don't go away with massive water/electrolyte consumption. I think I put down 60 ounces of water yesterday and about half that in no-sugar gatorade. Haven't had alcohol since March, so that wasn't it. I did stay up late to watch Rise of Skywalker... maybe that was a disappointment headache.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

At least you know what triggers yours. I've done everything from the chiropractor to a dozen different pillows, heat, cold, massage, regular stretching, etc. Excedrin Migraine has a 50/50 chance of making a difference, if I catch it soon enough. Oddly it seems that eating beef really helps. IDK... Atkins Diet maybe? LOL

This all started in my early 40's. Yeah, I can't really drink alcohol anymore either, which really sucks because we loved winery hopping through the Finger Lakes region a few times a year, coming home with cases of local wines. (sigh) And since NY hasn't legalized cannabis yet... soon, though. I can feel it happening in my lifetime.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:36 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
At least you know what triggers yours. I've done everything from the chiropractor to a dozen different pillows, heat, cold, massage, regular stretching, etc. Excedrin Migraine has a 50/50 chance of making a difference, if I catch it soon enough. Oddly it seems that eating beef really helps. IDK... Atkins Diet maybe? LOL

This all started in my early 40's. Yeah, I can't really drink alcohol anymore either, which really sucks because we loved winery hopping through the Finger Lakes region a few times a year, coming home with cases of local wines. (sigh) And since NY hasn't legalized cannabis yet... soon, though. I can feel it happening in my lifetime.

Maybe it's a tumor.

You should move to CA or CO. I recommend CO, they seem to almost have their ****e together. I get spots before my eyes which tells me a migraine is coming. Don't get them too often. I have blue/green eyes so it gets triggered by light.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ezbme
I get spots before my eyes which tells me a migraine is coming. Don't get them too often. I have blue/green eyes so it gets triggered by light.
Mine aren't ocular. Base of the back of my neck, left side, straight through my skull to my left eye, throbbing. When it's really bad (which is like 2-3 months kind of rare) I'm light sensitive, but no colors. Wow... colors. I can't imagine that.

Originally Posted by ezbme
Maybe it's a tumor.
Dude.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:32 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
"It's not a tumor!"

Kindergarten cop.

You need to find better doctors. A singer I liked was having stomach pain after a car accident. It turned out to be cancer, but he went to doctor after doctor who found nothing. There are regular doctors and then there are the ones who know their ****e.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:21 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

I'm thinking you're using an Anglo form of a common curse word that is getting partially filtered by the filters. Hence the repeated ****e

Try 'stuff'. LOL

Re: the light sensitivity, I rarely get headaches that bad but when I do I sleep in a windowless room (ie closet). I do get the photic sneeze response - and combined with the pollen assault down here it seems like I have a sneezing fit every time I go outside. Which, sadly, can trigger a headache.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:07 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rotarymike
Hey sedan fam. I'm fixing to paint/mod headlights for something to do, and I'm reading bits and pieces about a secondary cutoff line tab in the projector mask that needs to come off to get a sharp line. Does anyone have pics or can point me to a thread? I've searched and searched and either the pics are dead or there is no picture of the pre-mod/post-mod so I'm not sure what they're modding.

I've got STIr lenses and painting the housing black - that's it I think.
I did the same a year or so back. It's a little tab on the cutoff plate. I'll try to dig up a photo. Be very careful with the cutoff. It moves easily by design. I somehow dismounted one, and it was a test of patience to get it back in place. AFS headlights present a lot of challenges.

I loved how they turned out. Really took my time with the paint. BTW, Purple Power eats the chrome off the plastic super quick. I thoroughly sprayed them down, came back in five minutes, agitated with a rag, repeated, and 95% was gone. No effort. Once they were perfectly clean, I soaked in a bucket with car wash and water. Rinsed with fresh water, let them dry, and then an application of IPA just before an adhesion promoter. Cure then paint. I recommend removing most of the old seal, and replacing with butyl tape when putting the lenses back on.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:10 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Oh... I did the mod also, and on my AFS light. I guess I should have taken some pics of the internals. The purple power sounds like a good idea, I just scotchbrited them a lot, then used adhesion promotor and then painted. Cutoff is really sharp now. You need the spacers also for the lenses. But I think i actually sent you some right? I sent some to somebody I remember lol.

Old 05-07-2020, 10:44 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Yep that was me. Good to know on the purple power - I tried that stuff on the chrome fog trim rings and it never touched them. Scotchbrite and adhesion promoter, then self-etching primer, then plastidip on those.

Still need another coat or two of the 'dip to look right, but they look pretty good in matte black.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread