Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:48 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
eye banging, LOL

I actually understand that. When I have to wait at a dealership, any dealership, I sit in every model car, front seat, passenger seat, and back seats. I open the hood, trunk and doors, and "eyeball" every angle. Just love cars, man.

The IPL makes a hell of a first impression. But then it gets weird, IMO. Too over the top, with nothing to back it up.
I know what you mean. The sales people at dealerships look at me like I'm nuts when I get on the floor and start looking under the cars as if they had skirts on. "They just don't get it".
I feel the same however about the IPL. Not enough to back up the price tag. Very attractive car but not so much if you really know what you're getting for the money VS. the other G's. It's funny how the service guys know more about the cars then the sales people. I laugh a bit inside when I start asking techie questions and the salesman kinda looks dumbfounded.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas

I know what you mean. The sales people at dealerships look at me like I'm nuts when I get on the floor and start looking under the cars as if they had skirts on. "They just don't get it".
I feel the same however about the IPL. Not enough to back up the price tag. Very attractive car but not so much if you really know what you're getting for the money VS. the other G's. It's funny how the service guys know more about the cars then the sales people. I laugh a bit inside when I start asking techie questions and the salesman kinda looks dumbfounded.
I wouldnt be so sure about service guys knowing more , for instance this guy thought he could BS his way through and blame the catback exhaust causing the issue with locked up breaks what a jackass
Old 02-02-2014, 11:46 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
True.... LOL. It just seemed during my last few visits to the dealership that the techs knew more about the product than the salesguys. It sounds to me like the people you were dealing with had a bug up their @ss that day.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Mik3G37S

UPDATE on my issue:

I just got called by the same guy I dealt with on Saturday... he seemed a little nicer this time and told me they took a look at the car and somehow the brake pedal came out of adjustment which they have never seen before o.O only me and my luck ughh , picking the car up later after work ) that's a good thing ! Now I feel relieved

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 02-03-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
UPDATE on my issue:

I just got called by the same guy I dealt with on Saturday... he seemed a little nicer this time and told me they took a look at the car and somehow the brake pedal came out of adjustment which they have never seen before o.O onle me and my luck ughh , picking the car up later after work ) that's a good thing ! Now I feel relieved
Glad to hear they got it straightened out for you man. Good luck going forward.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
UPDATE on my issue:

I just got called by the same guy I dealt with on Saturday... he seemed a little nicer this time and told me they took a look at the car and somehow the brake pedal came out of adjustment which they have never seen before o.O onle me and my luck ughh , picking the car up later after work ) that's a good thing ! Now I feel relieved
make sure to burnout while leaving the dealer to remind them that you are 21.

lol jk, glad everything is fine now.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Brake pedal came out of adjustment and only the rear calipers locked up? Strange. I thought they would tell you it had something to do with the e brake. Well glad they got it resolved .
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Brake pedal came out of adjustment and only the rear calipers locked up? Strange. I thought they would tell you it had something to do with the e brake. Well glad they got it resolved .
You mean the little parking brakes? There's only enough force and pad there to keep the car from rolling... not to actually "lock up" the brakes.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Mik3G37S

Well I was thinking the same thing... considering there was enough braking force for me to be barely able to move the car I guess it must have been both fronts and rears hence the fact that the brake pedal came out of adjustment somehow and calipers were holding rotors tightly and not letting go anyways Im glad it's figured out and nothing serious and glad to pick her up tonight !

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr

make sure to burnout while leaving the dealer to remind them that you are 21.

lol jk, glad everything is fine now.
I would... nah jk. 1- Waste of my brand new tires
2-I dont do burn outs nor beat on my car
and 3 - its snowing today too :/

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 02-03-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

You mean the little parking brakes? There's only enough force and pad there to keep the car from rolling... not to actually "lock up" the brakes.
Yea but if it is not disengaging properly from everyday use then there is a possibility that the calipers could lock up and or seize. Similar incident happened to my sons older model 240sx and that is what the tech, at the shop he took the car to, told him was the problem?
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Mik3G37S

Yea but if it is not disengaging properly from everyday use then there is a possibility that the calipers could lock up and or seize. Similar incident happened to my sons older model 240sx and that is what the tech, at the shop he took the car to, told him was the problem?
so that could have been the possible issue I had in consideration ! thanks for confirming that. luckily it was just the brake pedal out of adjustment, and thankfully It didn't happen when I was going 60mph or more on a highway because I probably might not be here anymore...
The following users liked this post:
ZOSTER33 (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
I had a 240SX brand new in 1992. Loved that hand-brake, with proper RWD on an amazingly well-balanced car. Not the fastest car in the world, but boy was it fun to drive. I imagine it was like today's Subaru BRZ (which I haven't driven yet.)

My point being, that was an actual e-Brake... not a secondary p-Brake system, like we have.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

so that could have been the possible issue I had in consideration ! thanks for confirming that. luckily it was just the brake pedal out of adjustment, and thankfully It didn't happen when I was going 60mph or more on a highway because I probably might not be here anymore...
Well thank God, or whoever you believe in, nothing serious happened because that happening at a high rate of speed could have caused some serious injuries. Count your blessings
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Mik3G37S

Well thank God, or whoever you believe in, nothing serious happened because that happening at a high rate of speed could have caused some serious injuries. Count your blessings
Yeah man Thank God.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

I had a 240SX brand new in 1992. Loved that hand-brake, with proper RWD on an amazingly well-balanced car. Not the fastest car in the world, but boy was it fun to drive. I imagine it was like today's Subaru BRZ (which I haven't driven yet.)

My point being, that was an actual e-Brake... not a secondary p-Brake system, like we have.

So you're telling us that our Parking brake does not use the any type of force from the calipers to the rotors to keep the car from rolling away?

The 240sx is a 1990 with a real e-brake and that little car is a blast to drive.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread