G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ Torque
A lot of dealers don't give loaners if you don't purchase the car from them...
Really? Is this an Infiniti thing? We also own a 2010 Acura MDX that we bought in DC but we now live in RI. Even when I drop the truck off for an Oil Change they hook us up with a loaner. . . . . every time.

I was looking forward to dropping off my Infiniti in the next week or so for the key program and the transmission flash and was hoping to get a loaner for a day or so. I am sure I will though because the Infiniti dealer is under the same overall owner of the Acura dealership. It's called Inskip, they have each of the top brands dealers.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yeah I said something about a member selling something for twice as much as he bought it for as I have seen it on facebook groups, needless to say I didnt know someone else before me was involved in that and got banned so therefore Chris aka RexHavoc apologized to BB on my behalf as I wasn't aware of anything of that kind.
There are some benefits to making friends on the forum. Kind of a life-lesson thing, too.

And the name of the dealership is Ray Catena Infiniti of Edison.
I bought my car from Ray Catena Infiniti. They seemed a pretty upscale and reputable business, and I've only seen positive comments about them up until now.

As for you not getting a loaner, that has more to do with your age than whatever excuse they gave you. They might not be covered for insurance on a loaner car for a 21 year old. I know that might seem nuts considering that at 21 you're old enough to do anything in this country, but insurance is a different ball game entirely.

Good luck, man.
Mik3G37S (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:33 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
We have owned 2 G35s, and FX35, G37 Coupe & G37 Sedan, never bought any of them from an Infiniti dealer, and always been given loaners for every one of them when it goes in for service. Even the FX last year and it was an 06 w/80,000 miles.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ Torque
A lot of dealers don't give loaners if you don't purchase the car from them...
no that's not the problem... I've been getting service there couple times... I got loaner cars even when I left my car in the morning for oil change or brake booster replacement... but this time even if they truly didn't have one , they could arrange one for a better sake of their business and good reviews too... I know that because I worked at 2 dealerships and they can always arrange something, like provide a demo car or something as a loaner for the time being... just saying
Old 02-01-2014, 09:46 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Bunch of hog wash. You must have walked in pants sagging and cursing up a storm for them not to want to give you a loaner especially for a car that is under warranty. I never take my car to the dealer I purchased my sedan from and I still get a loaner. I would call Infiniti and report that dealership to them as well as reporting that individual specifically for treating you the way he did. Sorry that happened to you.

Remind that idiot about the Magnuson-Moss Act that protects us from dealers trying to deny warranty work because we have aftermarket parts on our cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZOSTER33:
Mik3G37S (02-01-2014), warped ideas (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester
There are some benefits to making friends on the forum. Kind of a life-lesson thing, too.

I bought my car from Ray Catena Infiniti. They seemed a pretty upscale and reputable business, and I've only seen positive comments about them up until now.

As for you not getting a loaner, that has more to do with your age than whatever excuse they gave you. They might not be covered for insurance on a loaner car for a 21 year old. I know that might seem nuts considering that at 21 you're old enough to do anything in this country, but insurance is a different ball game entirely.

Good luck, man.

I had nothing bad to say about them up until now either John ! but this one guy appears to be a complete DOUCHE ! and that's all ! no no my age has nothing to do with me not getting the loaner because I had gotten loaners from them before, the requirement was to be 21+ and I am turning 22 so that's not the issue... I dont care if he had a bad day or not ,I had not given the guy a single reason to be disrespected and treated like ****. it's not even about not getting the loaner car anymore it's about his attitude and disrespect he had at the time.... seriously wtf? Yeah I'll take my A$$ and go back to Houston,TX to Sewell Infiniti of North Houston to get my service.... what an idiot this guy was

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Bunch of hog wash. You must have walked in pants sagging and cursing up a storm for them not to want to give you a loaner especially for a car that is under warranty. I never take my car to the dealer I purchased my sedan from and I still get a loaner. I would call Infiniti and report that dealership to them as well as reporting that individual specifically for treating you the way he did. Sorry that happened to you.

Remind that idiot about the Magnuson-Moss Act that protects us from dealers trying to deny warranty work because we have aftermarket parts on our cars.
No that's not an issue I was properly nicely dressed as you would expect from someone driving a more luxury brand cars like ours. I mean just because I'm 21 doesn't mean I sag my pants or anything like that... and I'm not trying to be racist or anything but I am Caucasian so that's kind of out of equation too, therefore thats definitely not an issue either...yeah I spoke to Chris aka RexHavoc and He told me the same thing to call Infiniti Corp.... I will see what I can do.

And yeah I will definitely remind him of the Magnuson-Moss Act if he tries being slick and sneaky with me again... because I definitely am not paying for anything at this point... Thanks for the input Lorenzo !

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 02-01-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Mik3G37S

And as far as my issue , anybody has a clue what might be the reason for the rear calipers locking up? anything to do with accumulated salt all over the wheels that has gotten into the calipers or ?? I'm really clueless :/
Old 02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I had nothing bad to say about them up until now either John ! but this one guy appears to be a complete DOUCHE ! and that's all ! no no my age has nothing to do with me not getting the loaner because I had gotten loaners from them before, the requirement was to be 21+ and I am turning 22 so that's not the issue... I dont care if he had a bad day or not ,I had not given the guy a single reason to be disrespected and treated like ****. it's not even about not getting the loaner car anymore it's about his attitude and disrespect he had at the time.... seriously wtf? Yeah I'll take my A$$ and go back to Houston,TX to Sewell Infiniti of North Houston to get my service.... what an idiot this guy was
I understand what Rochester was saying about the loaner and insurance. That shouldn't be allowed by Infiniti though. That definitely isn't the way to have your dealership or brand noted for.

I've had to choose my words wisely from time to time here. Sometimes I just read a load of BS that's been posted and want to get the TRUTH out.... Then I realize sometimes people (no matter of age) talk out of their @ss sometimes. Anyway, glad your sins have been forgiven by the forum Moderators.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow, thanks for the heads up. What it really matters to that guy where you bought your car from is beyond me. I took my car in a few months ago, just to get an oil change so I could check out their service dept. I was pretty impressed at the time and had no problems, but one of the service reps did make a comment about my cat being lowered, nothing negative, he just brought it up. Well I hope I don't have any hassle if I need to take my baby in there. Bummer, hope you get it worked out and the car fixed too.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
no that's not the problem... I've been getting service there couple times... I got loaner cars even when I left my car in the morning for oil change or brake booster replacement... but this time even if they truly didn't have one , they could arrange one for a better sake of their business and good reviews too... I know that because I worked at 2 dealerships and they can always arrange something, like provide a demo car or something as a loaner for the time being... just saying
They can't give out demos (using a dealer tag) for you not being a dealer employee that's something they can't do.

they're not required to give you a loaner without notice... now that fact that they said they had one for you is the lousy part of it.
Mik3G37S (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
I've had to choose my words wisely from time to time here. Sometimes I just read a load of BS that's been posted and want to get the TRUTH out.... Then I realize sometimes people (no matter of age) talk out of their @ss sometimes. Anyway, glad your sins have been forgiven by the forum Moderators.
I learned the ins and outs about car forums on Maxima.org, sometimes the hard way. Truth is, age isn't always a tell about behavior, and I made an azz of myself more than a few times.

Here I only do it once in a while. At least, in as far as I know.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:41 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Welcome back Mike!

As far as loaner cars go, my when I bought my '09 a year and a half ago, I dropped it off for service and because I was then 22 they asked to see my insurance card to make sure that loaner cars and rental cars were covered. Fast forward to the present... My dealership hired a new service advisor and he made the comment to me that if I ever needed a loaner due to the snow that I could call him and he would set one aside for me. He said that they have a good amount of them always sitting on the lot and would rather them be used than just sitting there. It probably helps that the new service advisor is closer to my age now anyway, but even the previous service advisor, who is now the service manager, took some time to realize that I wasn't the stereotypical 20something year old. He has become a lot more friendly towards me and will occasionally give me discounts on service. I have been extremely happy with them, except for some of their prices.

I would give the guy one more chance to come through and give you a loaner. I worked in the customer service industry all my life until recently and had my fair share of bad days, even as a restaurant manager, so he may have just been having a bad day or something may have happened that you don't know about. I always try to give a person or business a second chance before making a complaint to corporate. If I were you I would wait till Monday and see if he gives you a loaner and if he doesn't then I would ask to speak with the service manager or general manager regarding the issue. If for whatever reason that doesn't work then I would call Infiniti consumer afairs.
Mik3G37S (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 07:50 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I was a little surprised they didn't have a car. I know Rochester mentioned he had good,luck getting hi a car there but when I lived in NJ I walked out of two of Catena's dealerships when looking for a new car. Wound up buying at Circle twice and a place in LI once. I've never had an issue getting a loaner regardless of whether I bought my car there or not. What really surprised me was the guy told Mike to go back to the dealer he bought the car from to get a loaner and mentioned that Mike had been to another dealer for service. Well... So what? Certainly his attitude isn't going spark any desire for a customer to return.

My dealer in Memphis, who in did not buy the car from, has been great. The parts manager always comes out to see what I'm up to now and the service / parts manager or general manager asked to take the car for a spin last time I was there and was helping me get some pricing to install side marker lights. Just seems to be absolute night and day.

In any case, hope all works out with the brakes Mike glad you're back and committed to behaving!
Mik3G37S (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 08:06 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
When I had my steering wheel replaced at my dealer in Lauderdale, the service writer offered me a Q50 loaner although the "fix" was only scheduled to take an hour. I declined since I wanted to spend that said hour eye banging the brand new IPL coupe in black on the showroom floor.

That's just bad business practice saying what that jerk said. Poor customer service for sure, in that instance.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by warped ideas
I declined since I wanted to spend that said hour eye banging the brand new IPL coupe in black on the showroom floor.
eye banging, LOL

I actually understand that. When I have to wait at a dealership, any dealership, I sit in every model car, front seat, passenger seat, and back seats. I open the hood, trunk and doors, and "eyeball" every angle. Just love cars, man.

The IPL makes a hell of a first impression. But then it gets weird, IMO. Too over the top, with nothing to back it up.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread