G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yep. That's been brought up a few times. The RWD Sport spare wheel/tire is different than the other. And the damn thing is mounted in the spare wheel well upside down, where the valve stem is pointing downwards. Really annoying design for people who like to check the pressure every now and then.
Don't feel bad J, us Journey folk also enjoy the upside down valve stem mount
Old 02-01-2014, 12:48 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Our S model Spare wheel is very nice looking and I think it's made by Enkei?
Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
completely irrevelant but yesterday I took my G to the dealer for oil/filter, maintenance check and to fix some warranty covered problems like the seat heaters not working.

anyway, they told me that on my next oil/filter change (3000 miles from now) I can use synthetic oil so it lasts 7500 miles??? why could they not use synthetic oil on this change?
That is really strange? I've been putting synthetic oil in since my very first oil change and I have had zero issues with my engine. I do change it every 6000 miles though since my commute to work is in stop and go traffic.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,676 Likes on 3,496 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Don't feel bad J, us Journey folk also enjoy the upside down valve stem mount
No kidding? LOL Misery in numbers, man. Really stupid design, isn't it?

Just got back from the funeral. Spent the last few days writing her eulogy. Oh man, I don't ever want to do that again. About one of the most emotionally exhausting things ever.

Really need to wash my G. It's filthy.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
No kidding? LOL Misery in numbers, man. Really stupid design, isn't it?

Just got back from the funeral. Spent the last few days writing her eulogy. Oh man, I don't ever want to do that again. About one of the most emotionally exhausting things ever.

Really need to wash my G. It's filthy.
Funerals are for the living, my friend. Her memories will live on, and her reminder will be on your car. Wash up, I'll be washing my baby tomorrow afternoon. It's time for a real GI cleaning.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,676 Likes on 3,496 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Funerals are for the living, my friend. Her memories will live on, and her reminder will be on your car. Wash up, I'll be washing my baby tomorrow afternoon. It's time for a real GI cleaning.
Good points. Gracias, Mr. Warp.

Figure to take a bucket of hot car wash water and a microfiber mitt to the hand wash tomorrow. Spray it down, wipe it down, then spray it down again. Done that a few times this winter, and it seems to work well enough.

Never took this car through the automated car wash before, and don't want to break a two year record.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:21 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Good points. Gracias, Mr. Warp.

Figure to take a bucket of hot car wash water and a microfiber mitt to the hand wash tomorrow. Spray it down, wipe it down, then spray it down again. Done that a few times this winter, and it seems to work well enough.

Never took this car through the automated car wash before, and don't want to break a two year record.
I read a pro-detailers web page on car care, and this guy absolutely discouraged the use of automated car washing. It supposedly is the WORST way to wash your car. High pressure water, sandy brushes / washers, etc. I shiver thinking about putting my baby through one of those.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

My condolences John, I'm sure your eulogy was heartwarming. Hope you & yours have peace through it all.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Hey guys I'm back, ehhh sad news I had to get my 6mt towed to the dealership today after last night's incident where my rear calipers somehow locked up and it was barely possible to move the car at all :/

Called my infiniti roadside assistance they sent me a flatbed tow truck to my house ( yes when they locked up last night at 4m luckily I was close to my house and made it back ) and I had the lady from roadside assitance confirm with the dealer I took the car to, that they would have a loaner for me, I got there, dropped the car off the tow truck, went inside to get my loaner just to find out that I won't get one , THEY DON'T HAVE A DAMN LOANER CAR FOR ME ! such BS at this point...

I was so furious hence the fact that the dude that was "taking care" of me was a complete D-bag and said to me things like "you didn't buy your car here, therefore I am not gonna pull any strings for you" , "If you want a loaner car , maybe you should go to the dealership where you bought your car from" which would be Houston,TX (yes I am definitely gonna go there for service, that's right) and he also mentioned that I have "A LOT" of aftermarket parts - according to him, that would be only CBE and intakes and HFCs ( which he didnt know about I bet) and said to me that they will have to charge me for the time being in shop because it might be caused by one of the mods ( WTF? what a possible brake issue due to an aftermarket CBE?) I told him none of the mods I got have anything to do with the brakes, so he finally shut up

I told him that I don't appreciate his attitude towards me for no apparent reason, another older gentleman I dealt with couple times before was never this rude and disrespectful towards me, what for because I'm 21 or something?

That guy from service is supposed to give me a call on monday and tell me whats going on and if they possibly have any loaners available which I really doubt he would even pull the strings for if they did...one thing for sure, that is the last time I have been to that dealership for any service or anything.

I'm thinking on monday I'll try to get a hold of a service manager or a general manager of that dealership and tell him this " I was shocked at the lack of respect and customer focused attention in the service I was provided . Not only was there no apology for the issue, the guy told me because I didn't buy the car there he wasn't inclined to help me. Definitely not a way to try and ensure your business in the future

so I'm stuck home with no car , thats my story for this weekend yay

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 02-01-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Damn..... Lets get a name of this dealership up for people to know to stay away from them. Brakes locked up doesn't sound good at all. At least you were not driving when this happened. Glad to see you back in action on the forum. We all were confused by your ban?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by gsm026
connoisseur,

I do not believe the spare wheel off an x will fit over the BBK's. The spare on my old xS was a typical skinny stamped-steel design. My S has a black-painted aluminum spare wheel with deep dishing behind the spokes to clear the Akibono's.

Greg
Yeah it will not fit at all, I've verified this a few places and I will always take guru Brad's word for it.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I've always been of the mindset that blanks are the best choice.

The real problem with drilled rotors are the elimination of mass from the rotors, and thus its ability to absorb heat, and increased propensity to crack in hard use.
I'm in agreement with you here. The only thing I would be interested in getting would be the simple slotted rotors that Stoptech/Centric makes. However it is more affordable to get their blank rotor set - which I am completely OK with. The larger brakes will be all the upgrade that I need, as I don't plan to track the car or drive it like an arsehole.

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Hey connoisseurr, just check some of your local junk yards or ebay and see if you can find a sport spare tire cheap.
Good idea - I will take a look around locally and see if I can find one. Otherwise, to the bay I go.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by warped ideas
Damn..... Lets get a name of this dealership up for people to know to stay away from them. Brakes locked up doesn't sound good at all. At least you were not driving when this happened. Glad to see you back in action on the forum. We all were confused by your ban?
Yeah I said something about a member selling something for twice as much as he bought it for as I have seen it on facebook groups, needless to say I didnt know someone else before me was involved in that and got banned so therefore Chris aka RexHavoc apologized to BB on my behalf as I wasn't aware of anything of that kind.

And the name of the dealership is Ray Catena Infiniti of Edison.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yeah I said something about a member selling something for twice as much as he bought it for as I have seen it on facebook groups, needless to say I didnt know someone else before me was involved in that and got banned so therefore Chris aka RexHavoc apologized to BB on my behalf as I wasn't aware of anything of that kind.

And the name of the dealership is Ray Catena Infiniti of Edison.
Damn, sorry to hear about that incident, glad you didn't get in an accident due to the brakes.
Good luck w/ resolving your situation, and I would even go higher up the complaint ladder than just that dealer, no need to be treated that way.
Now you'd better learn how to behave around here punk
Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Damn, sorry to hear about that incident, glad you didn't get in an accident due to the brakes.
Good luck w/ resolving your situation, and I would even go higher up the complaint ladder than just that dealer, no need to be treated that way.
Now you'd better learn how to behave around here punk
Thanks Brad, appreciate it ! well I wish myself good luck too ! haha I do wanna go higher up the complaint ladder but I don't really know much about this nor what to do in situations like that to get some satisfying results hahaha I'll try I'll try to behave Brad , promise !
Old 02-01-2014, 09:26 PM
NJ Torque
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
A lot of dealers don't give loaners if you don't purchase the car from them...

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread