G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Hey Newt... you at work, or are you retired? I mean, I can be on this forum all day long off and on, but I work at home and set my own hours. How is it you're on here so much, man?

Not that I'm not glad you're here, just curious is all.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:56 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
No, I believe just the new brake lines and a spare tire from a Sport to clear the front caliper.
Golden - I've read exactly what you've stated. My one question is about getting a spare. Because I have an X sedan, wouldn't I need a spare that is within the rotational diameter difference? I don't want to burn up anything
Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
I'm looking to make this a budget upgrade as I've been able to keep the costs relatively low from the get go.
On a budget the brakeperformance.com drilled/slotted w/ Stoptech pads is a decent option, they look good and the Stoptechs have nice bite.
I did brakeperformance as well, they are basically centric blanks (OEM performing/replacements) which have been drilled and slotted. I don't think for extra performance, but mainly for looks. I don't plan on tracking the car anytime so that's why I opted for the brakeperformance rotors with posiquiet combo since it fit my cheapo budget.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

OMG that picture is tight! It looks like 2 millimeters of clearance between the spokes and the caliper.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
I did brakeperformance as well, they are basically centric blanks (OEM performing/replacements) which have been drilled and slotted. I don't think for extra performance, but mainly for looks. I don't plan on tracking the car anytime so that's why I opted for the brakeperformance rotors with posiquiet combo since it fit my cheapo budget.

The problem I have with drilled rotors is that the NVH is the highest out of all rotor options. Also, along wiht that, the pad wear is also the highest. I'm either opting for Centric blank rotors or OEM rotors. I wish I could have taken advantage of the 30% coupon code my local Infiniti dealership had on parts
Old 01-31-2014, 04:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Hey Newt... you at work, or are you retired? I mean, I can be on this forum all day long off and on, but I work at home and set my own hours. How is it you're on here so much, man?

Not that I'm not glad you're here, just curious is all.
I get rotating days off and every fifth week I get 3 day weekends so here I am
I also am home for lunch daily. At first I thought you were asking if I was retarded, but then my bifocals kicked in

Golden - I've read exactly what you've stated. My one question is about getting a spare. Because I have an X sedan, wouldn't I need a spare that is within the rotational diameter difference? I don't want to burn up anything
Spare should be OK, I believe the OEM tires on the S models are still within the 1% diameter range of your X tires.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:05 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Sorry fellas been off the Chat Thread for quite some time now been busy with life and since we're not snowed in out here in Cali been out and about with the family. Thought I'd share this pic that was taken of my Mia this past weekend.

Glad you're all doing good and Brad sorry about the truck! I just took a dime size piece out of my front lip and split it on a driveway

Old 01-31-2014, 07:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Sorry fellas been off the Chat Thread for quite some time now been busy with life and since we're not snowed in out here in Cali been out and about with the family. Thought I'd share this pic that was taken of my Mia this past weekend.

Glad you're all doing good and Brad sorry about the truck! I just took a dime size piece out of my front lip and split it on a driveway
Mia's looking good Lorenzo, sucks about chunking out your lip, the price we pay for being low
I'm just hoping they don't total my truck, it's worth much more than the lowly bluebook to me.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Mia's looking good Lorenzo, sucks about chunking out your lip, the price we pay for being low
I'm just hoping they don't total my truck, it's worth much more than the lowly bluebook to me.
Yea exactly. Hitting driveways carefully or just avoiding some all together. Time to look at getting a cup kit since I'm not a fan of air bags.

Well hopefully they don't total the tuck that would totally bite the big one!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Tony at FI just gave me a shipping notice. RHFC delivery a week from today.

Won't get installed until March sometime, but still... be good to get them.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:36 AM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
connoisseur,

I do not believe the spare wheel off an x will fit over the BBK's. The spare on my old xS was a typical skinny stamped-steel design. My S has a black-painted aluminum spare wheel with deep dishing behind the spokes to clear the Akibono's.

Greg
Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
The problem I have with drilled rotors is that the NVH is the highest out of all rotor options. Also, along wiht that, the pad wear is also the highest. I'm either opting for Centric blank rotors or OEM rotors. I wish I could have taken advantage of the 30% coupon code my local Infiniti dealership had on parts
I've always been of the mindset that blanks are the best choice.

The real problem with drilled rotors are the elimination of mass from the rotors, and thus its ability to absorb heat, and increased propensity to crack in hard use.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by gsm026
I do not believe the spare wheel off an x will fit over the BBK's. The spare on my old xS was a typical skinny stamped-steel design. My S has a black-painted aluminum spare wheel with deep dishing behind the spokes to clear the Akibono's.
Yep. That's been brought up a few times. The RWD Sport spare wheel/tire is different than the other. And the damn thing is mounted in the spare wheel well upside down, where the valve stem is pointing downwards. Really annoying design for people who like to check the pressure every now and then.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:33 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Hey connoisseurr, just check some of your local junk yards or ebay and see if you can find a sport spare tire cheap.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
completely irrevelant but yesterday I took my G to the dealer for oil/filter, maintenance check and to fix some warranty covered problems like the seat heaters not working.

anyway, they told me that on my next oil/filter change (3000 miles from now) I can use synthetic oil so it lasts 7500 miles??? why could they not use synthetic oil on this change?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread