G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Dopeness

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
Since you're local, I'd recommend checking out Infinti of Boerne. I'd rather bring my car there because they will use OEM Infinti parts. And the deductible is the same no matter which mechanic you use.

They also put me in a Ford Fusion rental for free. It makes me really appreciate my car.
Hahahaha! CarMax put me in a Fusion when I brought my car in for the 30 day service. I had a bent wheel apparently, so they ordered a new wheel which took a few days. The turn signal blinker sound in the Fusion is the worst and made me want my G37 back so bad. Even my daughter hated that plink plonk blinker sound. Definitely makes me appreciate my car. Thanks for the tip on Boerne.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey look at that I'm in San Antonio too!
Old 08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Banshee
Hey look at that I'm in San Antonio too!
We bumped into each other on I-410, remember?

And, I've dumped into Dopeness on I-10.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Dopeness

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
We bumped into each other on I-410, remember?

And, I've dumped into Dopeness on I-10.
I try to say/wave/acknowledge other G & Z owners whenever I see them. I notice a lot of Z owners tend to be oblivious to the other cars in their scene though, in my experience at least.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:01 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Installed my OEM rear spoiler. I was never sure if I would like it but now that its on I think it fills the rear nicely. Want to get a rear spoiler now. Saw a pretty nice one but it is not painted.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't want to create a new thread bc im sure this has been answered before but the search keeps pulling up coupes...

What options for springs are there for a G37X Sedan? When I look at Eibach, Switch and Tanabe they list Sedan but don't say whether or not it's compatible with AWD... Probably a stupid question, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:36 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
I didn't want to create a new thread bc im sure this has been answered before but the search keeps pulling up coupes...

What options for springs are there for a G37X Sedan? When I look at Eibach, Switch and Tanabe they list Sedan but don't say whether or not it's compatible with AWD... Probably a stupid question, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.
Cant confirm for eibach and tanabe, but swift has springs for both awd and rwd. If i remember correctly eibach does have awd springs, but the drop isnt as even as swift, and the ride is stiffer.

Here is how my baby girl sits on swifts
Old 08-15-2017, 01:48 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
good lord that looks hot. Well I guess I know where my money is going now. You need the SPC kit for that I'm assuming?
The following users liked this post:
hexotic (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 01:59 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
good lord that looks hot. Well I guess I know where my money is going now. You need the SPC kit for that I'm assuming?
I did the rears, my fronts are a bit cambered. its at -1.9 to -2, all around right now. Its not absolutely necessary, but at least doing the rears helps a lot.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:17 PM
obsidiansamurai
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Long time lurker and decided to finally sign up!

So I done goofed with my exhaust. I tried to go the cheap route by having a local custom exhaust shop "remove any rasp and deepen the exhaust note, while keeping it around stock noise levels". Not sure if that's an impossible request or not but they took a stab. The made it a true dual w/ x-pipe, replaced the resonators with what looks to be smaller ones (not incredibly mechanically inclined so forgive me), and replaced the stock mufflers with turbo mufflers.

It sounds like ****. Picked it up yesterday at closing and called them first thing this morning. Can't even stand to get on it because the rasp is so bad. At idle it sounds alright, but once you give it some revs it all goes to hell.

I'm having them install a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe tomorrow to see if that cuts down on rasp, but that's more just a shot in the dark. I honestly don't know what to tell them to make it sound right and I should've just went to my local Z shop and had it done right in the first place. Will running a true dual with Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, stock resonators, and stock mufflers (will request that they put the stock ones back on) sound like **** also?

Any insight or recommendations are much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:21 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by obsidiansamurai
Long time lurker and decided to finally sign up!

So I done goofed with my exhaust. I tried to go the cheap route by having a local custom exhaust shop "remove any rasp and deepen the exhaust note, while keeping it around stock noise levels". Not sure if that's an impossible request or not but they took a stab. The made it a true dual w/ x-pipe, replaced the resonators with what looks to be smaller ones (not incredibly mechanically inclined so forgive me), and replaced the stock mufflers with turbo mufflers.

It sounds like ****. Picked it up yesterday at closing and called them first thing this morning. Can't even stand to get on it because the rasp is so bad. At idle it sounds alright, but once you give it some revs it all goes to hell.

I'm having them install a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe tomorrow to see if that cuts down on rasp, but that's more just a shot in the dark. I honestly don't know what to tell them to make it sound right and I should've just went to my local Z shop and had it done right in the first place. Will running a true dual with Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, stock resonators, and stock mufflers (will request that they put the stock ones back on) sound like **** also?

Any insight or recommendations are much appreciated.
There is a lot of expertise and experimentation with sedan exhausts going on in the sedan exhaust thread. You may be able to find the answers or inspiration there. Here is the link. https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...st-thread.html
Old 08-15-2017, 06:06 PM
obsidiansamurai
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
There is a lot of expertise and experimentation with sedan exhausts going on in the sedan exhaust thread. You may be able to find the answers or inspiration there. Here is the link. https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...st-thread.html
I will try there. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Wow. Over 4k for an exhaust system?
https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...150705524.html
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM
samo986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy OEM Catalytic converters

My left cat is rattling on my 09 g37 sedan. if anyone is selling their OEM cats please let me known.. I am in southern Cali, please pm me.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by xpcgamer
Wow. Over 4k for an exhaust system?
https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...150705524.html
That's just an axle-back.

IIRC, it's well over $6K for the entire Meisterschaft cat-back in titanium.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread