G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 11:35 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by carguy95
Paid a visit to Soho Motorsports today in Monroe, NC to get my Fast Intentions RHFC installed. Job was done in an hour and I was impressed.
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Soho did my rear differential bushings and I was really impressed with their work.

A vid would be nice
What part of Charlotte are you in? I live in the University area and never see any modified G37s! I see the ragged and slammed 35 coupes but thats it.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
What part of Charlotte are you in? I live in the University area and never see any modified G37s! I see the ragged and slammed 35 coupes but thats it.
Work in Matthews, live in Waxhaw.

Every now and then I see a tastefully modded G, but yeah, the majority are ragged out.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:59 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Djfarhan
ok thanks. cuz the mechanic showed me it dented the oil filter and i am like that has never happened before and i dont know why it is doing it now

The mounting holes in the Hotchkis sway bar mounting brackets are elongated. So my guess is that those bolts weren't tightened enough (or came loose) which allowed the entire bar to move backwards a bit. I would just loosen those mounting bolts, slide the bar as far forward as possible, and then retorque them. This should give you enough clearance so the bar won't contact your oil filter.

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
So I'm putting my coils on this weekend, but knowing I want to go pretty damn low with little to no gap, would you guys recommend a fender roll? As it sits now the wheels damn near stick out a few mm, and I don't want to risk any rubbing. Pics:

Spoiler

No need to roll the fenders on any of the 2nd Gen G's (V36 chassis)... they are already rolled from the factory. Based on your pics, you might need to add a bit more negative camber, though... depending on how low you really want to go.

Here's a pic of the negative camber I used to have to run before having my fender's widened. when tucked, there would barely be enough gag between the tires and the fender for a piece of cardboard if fit in there.

Name:  DSC01158.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  155.3 KB

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 04-10-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 PM
FreightTrain
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
That one time you chill with the "honda guy"

Sorry if these are huge and kill the thread layout. First and last time I hung out with this honda guy. Back right into my parked car. :/ Dealer estimate was $4500 + 2 weeks to fix it. I'm getting more estimates tomorrow, but seems a bit high? I'm not paying for it of course, but seems to have just hit the right spot to need both doors, side skirt, back fender, scratches on bumper, and new wheel.

Luckily 1. Nobody was hurt. 2. Car drives like normal 3. Tire still holds air (wouldn't mind a new tire though since they need replaced soon) 4. I guess I get to stare at a brand new driver-side of my car once it's all done.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:13 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Yea $4500 is probably about right. That's a lot of damage. That sucks..
Old 04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
FreightTrain
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes it does :/ Just got my Gen 3's installed earlier this week too. Been looking into nitrous and a new set a wheels as well. Was hoping to get everything going before summer hit, but now I gotta mess with this.

Worst part is I'm 24 so they'll put me in some slow, crappy rental. :P Sucks going from our luxury sport sedans to a focus or something similar. I was going to have the local infiniti dealer do the work hoping they might give me something nice to ride around in, but they don't have a body shop there. Oh well life goes on right?
Old 04-10-2017, 08:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Bummer Freight Train, sorry to see that, damn Honda driver
Hope you get that looking like new ASAP!
G/L w/ the insurance hurdles.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:47 PM
carguy95

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
I live in Mooresville (or Lake Norman), NC, but am currently attending school at the University of South Carolina. Would love to see if the NC/surrounding area guys could organize a meet sometime this summer.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:28 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
I have this Thursday and Friday off, so Thursday is "car day" for me.

I made a pass at the Takeda LT CAI last weekend, and I just didn't see how to do it without dropping the bumper, so this time, I'm going to drop the bumper

And while the bumper is off, I'm going to make a pass at blacking out the grille. I currently have the midnight black grille, option 1 is going to be wrapping the chrome perimeter with gloss black vinyl.

Option 2 is going to be spray painting the OE grille which I still have laying around.

I suspect option 1 is going to be easier. Worst case, I'm out $40, revert back to the midnight grille, and find someone to paint the OE grille gloss black
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
The grill is on my to do list as well.. was hoping to do it this weekend but it looks to be filled with rain. Time will tell, but I believe the wrap is the way to go!
Old 04-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
I drove my buddy's P100d again today. City, highway and backroads. Once again, as the blood rushed in my head on a ludicrous launch, I had to back off because I got dizzy. OMG

There is such a thing as "too fast". Can't believe I'm saying that.

We said goodbye to his Subby STi today, as he sold it back to a Subaru Dealership. Funny thing... as amazing as that STi is, it seemed somehow crude and cheap now. Damn Tesla.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Filling the tank this afternoon, and a Polaris Slingshot drove right up next to me for gas. First time I've ever seen one not on the internet. Didn't take a picture, but it sure looked like this... red and black, with one crazy rear tire. In person, the "car" (?) is like a freaking pod-racer. Insane.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:03 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
I'd buy this.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:06 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Filling the tank this afternoon, and a Polaris Slingshot drove right up next to me for gas. First time I've ever seen one not on the internet. Didn't take a picture, but it sure looked like this... red and black, with one crazy rear tire. In person, the "car" (?) is like a freaking pod-racer. Insane.

My neighbor has one. It's pretty cool looking
Old 04-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Do you know how they're classed in the US? Up here they're legally motorcycles so you need a motorcycle license and such to drive one.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread