G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:58 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
But if you dont then you have to pay the deductible. Also, i was told that going through your own insurance can cause your rates to not go down in the future.

It really sucks, why should you have to pay / lose money because some ****ing *** hole didn't pay attention while driving? It sucks.

Having a car totaled really made me reconsider doing big mods on my cars. Its almost like why bother if it can all be destroyed and taken away in a second by someone crashing into you.

Oh also, you can negotiate with the adjuster and get a LOT more $ out of them. The final payout of my wrecked Acura ended up being several thousand more than I could have ever sold it for, and my car was in very good condition.

I ended up not getting all the value back on my mods, but it kind of made up for it considering their valuation of the car was high.
I think I lost the $$ of my sway bars, breaks, intake and some other stuff I was not able to remove while in the crash lot.
I'm not sure how it all works, but thankfully, I didn't have to pay my $1,000 deductible. It was waived. I was told my rates won't be affected because I wasn't at fault.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Years ago, my neighbor backed into my parked car. Dealing with their insurance--USAA--was a total PIA. They kept trying to rope me into admitting some sort of fault. I had to ask, point blank, if they understood my car was parked and unattended.

Then, they insisted on using used parts because my car was 4 years old, even though it had like 30,000 miles. I could have filed a supplemental claim through my insurance--State Farm, which uses OEM parts--but the incremental cost of new parts was about equal to my deductible. I chose to pocket the rental reimbursement, drive my second car, and eat the rest.

FUSAA
I'm honestly looking into switching to State Farm after I get everything settled. They've taken better care of me than my own insurance company.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:47 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
I was told the same thing, won't be affected, but they also said it could potentially cause them to NOT go lower in the future... doesn't really make any sense.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:37 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 245 Likes on 167 Posts
I'm not used to cars that make so little from bolt ons .
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
I think it's on par for a naturally aspirated engine
Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Lower your expectations, and appreciate what you have. Or move on.

Personally, I think a bolt-on 6MT G Sedan is a special car.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:38 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Lower your expectations, and appreciate what you have. Or move on.

Personally, I think a bolt-on 6MT G Sedan is a special car.
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I think it's on par for a naturally aspirated engine
Oh I'm sure it's fine for NA, I'm just used to the MK3 supra game where exhaust/intake can get over 50whp pretty easily. I've got that for my G and I'm guessing I'll be lucky if I could even get 15whp.

Don't take it as me dissing the car or the mods, I love my G, and even though the mods didn't net me a ton of horse power I never felt it wasn't money well spent.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:37 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Anyone use Weathertechs Window Visors and do they really help reduce the noise? I run my windows down as much as I can in the summer, reduced noise would be pretty awesome. Also some pictures would be nice .
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Anyone use Weathertechs Window Visors and do they really help reduce the noise? I run my windows down as much as I can in the summer, reduced noise would be pretty awesome. Also some pictures would be nice .
roll down your back windows, problem solved
Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I was told the same thing, won't be affected, but they also said it could potentially cause them to NOT go lower in the future... doesn't really make any sense.
It kind of does as insurance companies generally look for any reason to go up and sometime even drop a customer. So if you deductible was waived for a comprehensive claim and insurance won't go up, they make some of the money back by not reducing it later.

...remember too, most companies take good care of "the other guy" but may put their insured customer through a bunch of crap at the same time.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
you don't hear of insurance companies posting losses for good reason... companies don't turn profits by giving money away
Old 03-20-2017, 03:04 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
That photo of your car almost gave me a heart attack, for a second thought it was new damage.

Thankfully not, Andy. If that happened to the car again I would just let them total it. It's really not worth all the hassle, but I have an emotional bond with the car and wanted to "save" her. But the entire ordeal was just an exhausting process, especially since the car was hit in January and I didn't have it back until early June. Part of that was due to the extra work I had done, but I still would have been without the car for 3 - 4 months just for the repairs

How did they fix the rear quarter damage on your car? Did they cut and weld in a new outer skin? Pull the panel and fill?

They ended up having to replace the entire panel since it was crushed & cracked in the area around the fuel door. Of course I could leave well enough alone and I then had them cut up the brand new fender and widen both rear fenders.

I had all the work done at a shop here in town that does SEMA type show cars and they did an amazing job with the repair. Looking in the trunk and right rear door you can't even tell the fender was replaced. Only looking in the fuel door can you tell anything is off. Plus it turns out the insurance company for the person that hit me was actually trying to use used parts, which apparently is only legal in CA if the customer agrees to it. So the body shop was able to get me an additional $2K back for replacing the rear bumper and tail lights with brand new OEM units.

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I won't be able to find out until Monday. This whole experience has been terrible. Accident happened the day before I went home on post-deployment leave. Was really excited to spend 17 worry-free days with my family and friends, install a bunch of parts on the car that I had purchased several months before... It couldn't of happened at a worse time. And from the looks of it, I'm coming out of this with thousands of dollars lost. I don't get it, I did absolutely nothing wrong.

Everyone told me to avoid dealing with the at-fault insurance. He had State Farm. I have USAA. Hoping things will take a turn for the better.

As Brad mentioned, the insurance company should give you the option of removing any of the aftermarket parts that you installed on the car but are not getting reimbursed for. These are parts that you legally own and are entitled to if they are not covering them as part of the policy.

I agree, it's a very tough thing to deal with but it's a part of life. I just hope everything works out for you, ZM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts

Not all bolt-ons are created equal. I gained almost 200 RWHP from my "bolt-ons".

Although that included going FI, so it does become much more expensive to make lots of power in a G than in some other cars. I've also owned a 1st Gen Eclipse GSX, 2nd Gen RX7 Turbo and MKIV Supra Turbo and the "bang for your buck" with those cars was unreal compared to what you get out of the G. But in almost all respects the G is just a much more well rounded car than all 3 of those (handling, braking, acceleration, ride, comfort, features/amenities, cargo space, reliability, etc...). From all my past cars, only my E36 M3 was comparable to the G in almost all aspects, except reliability, and that car was even more expensive than the G to extract extra HP from.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 03-23-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
So my claim has finally been settled, I'm happy with the amount and I was able to pull off my black Cusco strut bar, RedlineGoods steering wheel, paddle shifters, R2C intakes and my GT-R start button. Hotchkis sway bars, JDM tails, Tanabe exhaust were destroyed. It appears that the rear axles were bent and that the front suspension is shot. This was my first time seeing the car since the accident on March 3rd. I got really emotional, and I'm gonna miss her a lot. But hopefully I'll be in a 6MT sedan this weekend. All that matters though is that I'm not dead, things really could've been so much worse. I'm thankful the car did it's job and especially thankful that I didn't roll over.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
just curious, where is the sensor for the auto headlights on our cars?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Djfarhan
just curious, where is the sensor for the auto headlights on our cars?
Its on the dash, middle right near your windshield

Last edited by Daddy Fat Sacs; 03-22-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread