G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 750 Likes on 356 Posts
Mine got delivered within the outer edge window of the estimated delivery time.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 AM
pebkac

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
You just need some hubcentric spacers...I imagine

Originally Posted by Rochester
I am genuinely p1ssed off. Really wanted these wheels, but there's no way in hell I'm going to put 20" bricks on my car. I just can't bring myself to do that, and don't want to drop the car because of it. I just can't, man. That's not me.

Angry now. Need to take a step back.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Inb4 "properly sized wheels shouldn't need spacers"
Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
You know, with regard to those Fast Intention RHFC's that I ordered last month... it's been over 4 weeks into that "three to four weeks" schedule. Not that it matters yet. They'll just be sitting here in the corner of my office for another month or so while Winter burns on.

Still... tick-tock.
Hm, I got some feedback the other day that my exhaust is running ahead of schedule. Hopefully they'll get there for you soon. I enjoyed the heck out of my unpacking process. Which reminds me that I still haven't posted any pics and updated my build thread. Turns out I'm quite a slacker...
Old 01-25-2014, 02:36 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
So I went to a hydrographics shop this AM and I am considering another mod. Engine cover, K&N intake tubes, battery / brake fluid box lids..... Haven't decided on what graphics as of yet but I'm leaning towards CF with nightshade clear coat. I think my original idea would look killer but it may be to personal for a car. Urban digi camo w/ grey intake tubes..... My quote for all of the work was $270 cash plus my old engine cover paint experiment / abortion. Very reasonable considering..... Any opinions or suggestions are welcome as always.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
So I went to a hydrographics shop this AM and I am considering another mod. Engine cover, K&N intake tubes, battery / brake fluid box lids..... Haven't decided on what graphics as of yet but I'm leaning towards CF with nightshade clear coat. I think my original idea would look killer but it may be to personal for a car. Urban digi camo w/ grey intake tubes..... My quote for all of the work was $270 cash plus my old engine cover paint experiment / abortion. Very reasonable considering..... Any opinions or suggestions are welcome as always.
While I know zero about what that process costs, sounds like a reasonable asking price to me. Advice/Opinions... I'm thinking dipping the engine cover as a single thing might be too much of the same thing, and you may want to repaint the center section in satin black afterwards.

Either way, nice to see you dressing up the engine bay. I always approve of those efforts.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

While I know zero about what that process costs, sounds like a reasonable asking price to me. Advice/Opinions... I'm thinking dipping the engine cover as a single thing might be too much of the same thing, and you may want to repaint the center section in satin black afterwards.

Either way, nice to see you dressing up the engine bay. I always approve of those efforts.
Thanks for your input. The process really doesn't seem complicated, just VERY exacting work. I think the industry standard is like ¢25-¢30 /in.sq. I measured the pieces to be dipped and found it to be in the ballpark of 688-700 in.sq. for just the engine cover and box lids. The intake tubes I didn't bother measuring. But I'd guesstimate them to be in the range of 600 in.sq. There are literally thousands of different films that can be applied to any material but cloth and rubber. This could really dress up the engine bay if given a little forethought and research.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:18 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

That's definitely more cost effective than getting it painted. I'm in mid project now. Trying to decide whether to leave the cusco bar chrome or go a different route. Leaning towards black chrome but haven't decided yet.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I guess I was pretty lucky, paid about $75 but gave the guy $100 for my front lip spoiler and 2 mirror covers. I'm guessing I could get the engine cover done for about $40-50. Course that was a few months back, maybe he's in line w/ the industry standard by now
Wish they had a darker CF film (or maybe my guy just doesn't have it) so I could avoid the Niteshades step, not a big deal but would be nice just to put 'em back on w/ no effort on my end
Old 01-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That's definitely more cost effective than getting it painted. I'm in mid project now. Trying to decide whether to leave the cusco bar chrome or go a different route. Leaning towards black chrome but haven't decided yet.
Probably wouldn't cost more than $50 for powdercoating, depending on the color. However, if you go with a plating process, it could cost upwards to $200, and even then, good luck finding the right shop to do it.

This past fall, I did some heavy research and emails into getting a path to having my GT-Spec FSTB plated in Black Nickel to match my R2C Intakes... and that was $200 plus two-way shipping. Pretty much doubles the cost of the bar itself.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:06 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Probably wouldn't cost more than $50 for powdercoating, depending on the color. However, if you go with a plating process, it could cost upwards to $200, and even then, good luck finding the right shop to do it.

This past fall, I did some heavy research and emails into getting a path to having my GT-Spec FSTB plated in Black Nickel to match my R2C Intakes... and that was $200 plus two-way shipping. Pretty much doubles the cost of the bar itself.
Black Nickel would be my preference but I didn't pay that much for the bar. I'm going to talk to my uncle, I know how can do black chrome but I'm not certain about black nickle. My local PC can do it but his black chrome looked almost greenish.

Shipping isn't bad for me so no worries there, just a matter of deciding how far to go.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

"My guy" told me that he would complete the job and the only thing left for me would be payment and re-installation of said parts. His part of the deal is; cleaning, priming, base coat, film application, nightshade clear, then clear coat. I'll post up the results but it will be about 2 months. Uprev tune def. takes priority now. (Mid to end of February)
Old 01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Warped do you have a M370 or are you going to install one or "just" run with the tune?

I'm on the fence about it. I am a little concerned about throwing codes if I go with one along with the cats, CBE and intake
Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Lol, you won't throw codes. I have all that. Not a peep from the ECU
The following users liked this post:
RexHavoc (01-26-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Warped do you have a M370 or are you going to install one or "just" run with the tune?

I'm on the fence about it. I am a little concerned about throwing codes if I go with one along with the cats, CBE and intake
I did the research but decided not to go with the M370. I'm just going to run with my current setup for the Tune. I've not heard a single issue with the M370 intake manifold. If GFN says itd good it more then likely is. +1

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread