Merry Christmas to me, as a little tiny gift. Ho ho ho
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (12-14-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 03:44 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by djdiskino
Chiming in here since we are on the topic of modded headlights and tail lights. Just finished up my tails with Diode Dynamics new HD Angel Eyes/halos. Hey have built in turn signal functionality too!

They run at 20% when running, 80% for braking, and 100% for turn signal.

I'll post up a video later. They are stupid bright! Blacked out all the internals as well and completely eliminated the OEM LED array.
Wow! Those turned out great. Really liking the black-out housing. Can't wait for more pics and a full DIY on this!
Old 12-13-2016, 04:32 PM
djdiskino

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll start with the fact a DIY is not for the faint of heart. Unlike headlights where you can bake them open in the oven. The tail lights must be cut open.

I used a dremel with a small cut off wheel (went through about 25 of them altogether. If you cut too deep you disk scratching/melting the inside lens. It's fun I tell ya!

Once the scary part is done and they are successfully open, you can go about your normal painting modding etc.. to seal them back up I used lots and lots of clear silicone adhesive.

Here is a video I took recently. I did my 3 click remote start and a nice little side-effect surprise was, they do a little dance when it's in limbo before self starting.

The following 4 users liked this post by djdiskino:
2GoRNot2G (12-14-2016), blnewt (12-14-2016), ETrev (12-14-2016), TBau651 (12-15-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Ok, that's pretty damn impressive.

However, the thing that actually catches my eye is the SKYLINE badge. I'm really liking that. For years now, I've mulled over the possibility of replacing INFINITI with SKYLINE... although still in chrome. So it's nice to see another moonlight white sedan, with the OEM spoiler, and the debadged G37S... pretty much giving me a heads-up on what it would look like.

Very cool.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:20 PM
djdiskino

Originally Posted by Rochester
Ok, that's pretty damn impressive.

However, the thing that actually catches my eye is the SKYLINE badge. I'm really liking that. For years now, I've mulled over the possibility of replacing INFINITI with SKYLINE... although still in chrome. So it's nice to see another moonlight white sedan, with the OEM spoiler, and the debadged G37S... pretty much giving me a heads-up on what it would look like.

Very cool.
Thanks Rochester! I bought it in chrome and painted it metallic black, same as the Fuji symbol. I personally love it and it's another eye-catching thing to make my car not look so OEM but still have OEM-like features that makes people question.. "is that a special/Anniversary edition?"
Old 12-14-2016, 02:01 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Knightjs
Had a little juice there, engine would turn over once then everything would go black. Press the button with clutch in and it would light up and turn over slowly once again. If no one knows for sure I guess I'll be the guinea pig and try it this week. I'm assuming press the button without the clutch in so it doesn't try and start, actually 2 presses i think, then roll and dump it. Should be easy enough to try.
It worked on my 370z so it should work on your car as well. Just make sure the ignition in the "on" position like you said and dump the clutch in second gear lol good luck.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:47 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Chiming in here since we are on the topic of modded headlights and tail lights. Just finished up my tails with Diode Dynamics new HD Angel Eyes/halos. Hey have built in turn signal functionality too!

They run at 20% when running, 80% for braking, and 100% for turn signal.

I'll post up a video later. They are stupid bright! Blacked out all the internals as well and completely eliminated the OEM LED array.
Thanks guys! I'll start with the fact a DIY is not for the faint of heart. Unlike headlights where you can bake them open in the oven. The tail lights must be cut open.

I used a dremel with a small cut off wheel (went through about 25 of them altogether. If you cut too deep you disk scratching/melting the inside lens. It's fun I tell ya!

Once the scary part is done and they are successfully open, you can go about your normal painting modding etc.. to seal them back up I used lots and lots of clear silicone adhesive.

Here is a video I took recently. I did my 3 click remote start and a nice little side-effect surprise was, they do a little dance when it's in limbo before self starting.
MOAR! I would love to see this DIY please. What led's did you go with and how did you wire them?
Old 12-14-2016, 07:57 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
MOAR! I would love to see this DIY please. What led's did you go with and how did you wire them?
He said he uses the Diode Dynamics HD halos
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Scheduled an appointment on Dec-29 with SOHO Motorsports for the whiteline rear differential bushing replacement
Old 12-14-2016, 01:04 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts

Loving this! Can you tell us what size halo's you purchased from Diode Dynamics or the specific part numbers that you purchased? I have an extra set of taillights that I'd like to try this with.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:43 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Thanks guys!
No one's mentioned it yet, but, your G sounds great too!! Nice package!!! (don't get any ideas...lol )

Sean
Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VIVID
No one's mentioned it yet, but, your G sounds great too!! Nice package!!! (don't get any ideas...lol )

Sean
No homo
Old 12-14-2016, 04:36 PM
djdiskino

Hahaha! Thanks again guys.

All I have is a Stillen catback exhaust and R2C intake. However I am adding resonated test pipes soon and I'll be done there.

As for the size of halos I believe I went with 110mm and 90mm pairs. I asked for high priority drivers in the order. They do have switch back versions that flip to yellow on turn signal but I was feeling the red more. If I really want to I can add a yellow led in the center of the turn signal to flash with the pair.

I eliminated the side-marker led for the lens. I felt it was unnecessary given the brightness of the rings.

Wiring was the easiest part as DD has great connectors they ship out that just tap the wires in the harness that's attached to the light so that part is self contained.

Annoyed this week that my BRAKE light and traction control have been coming on this week since is started getting cold up here. Gonna have to check the brake fluid. I'll probably wrap her up for the winter tonight, remove the battery and throw the cover on her.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Mind confirming for sure the sizes? Im actually making a purchase soon and want tp ensure correct sizing the first time. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:40 PM
djdiskino

Confirmed I ordered a pair of 110mm and a pair of 90mm
The following 2 users liked this post by djdiskino:
2GoRNot2G (12-20-2016), Daddy Fat Sacs (12-14-2016)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread