G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I'm sorry to hear about your family man... my condolences ...
Sick wheel yet I would never spend that kind of money on a CAST wheel... for a bit more money you can get awesome forged wheel that catches eye just as well and is lighter than OEM so you can save some weight there! Think about it John...
Thanks, Mike.

And yes, the wheel really is stunning. And double-yes, I completely feel your priority about lighter weight rims, so even the 19" Vosson is a compromise for me.

The phrase "a bit more money" is always a subjective one. Since I'll be buying wheels and tires (PSS), and TPMS, there has to be a ceiling here somewhere, available money notwithstanding.

What'd you have in mind for forged rims?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Yeah always glad to be able part of the forum and talk about anything related to our cars (if not only) and like I have mentioned before I am getting impatient about getting my CF diffuser and CF mirror covers ;D can't wait for the new look
I expect full coverage of the final product once you get all that CF on too, my man.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've not been posting. My mom passed away last weekend, so that's pretty much taken up my time and made me more than a little glum.

something I'd appreciate and think of her for making available every time I see ]
I'm sorry to hear of your loss John. My condolences to you and your family.

I think this is a good idea you have. A smile and reminder is always a good thing. I did something similar with a piece of my grandfather's jewelry. Means a lot to me and now I'm having more made for my family.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Thanks, Mike.

And yes, the wheel really is stunning. And double-yes, I completely feel your priority about lighter weight rims, so even the 19" Vosson is a compromise for me.

The phrase "a bit more money" is always a subjective one. Since I'll be buying wheels and tires (PSS), and TPMS, there has to be a ceiling here somewhere, available money notwithstanding.

You're keeping your OEMs as winter wheels I presume?

I'm sticking with the coupe Ray's, lighter than the previous OEMs and I now have two squared sets. Won't need spacers which I think is a good thing, I do not like the spacers I'm running now on the sport sedan wheels. But, I needed them to clear the BBK. I really need to focus on getting tires but now I want a set of PSS and a set of the Nokian AS tires, not sure if they'll work on the X though.

So many choices, I look forward to seeing what direction you go!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
You're keeping your OEMs as winter wheels I presume?

I'm sticking with the coupe Ray's, lighter than the previous OEMs and I now have two squared sets. Won't need spacers which I think is a good thing, I do not like the spacers I'm running now on the sport sedan wheels. But, I needed them to clear the BBK. I really need to focus on getting tires but now I want a set of PSS and a set of the Nokian AS tires, not sure if they'll work on the X though.

So many choices, I look forward to seeing what direction you go!
Yes, staggered sport rims as winter rats. Hopefully I can make this transition at winter's end.

This thing with N4S saying the Vossen 19" don't clear the BBK is really disconcerting. I could have swore Vossen's 19" wheels fit without issue.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone, especially imitate family.

I've been considering a set of GTR type rims for my summers. I've been going back and forth about it because I don't want to go with the fully blacked out look, but they would look great on a MW sedan. Have you thought about those?

Are you using your OEM 18s for both summer and winter right now and just re mounting them?

This thing with N4S saying the Vossen 19" don't clear the BBK is really disconcerting. I could have swore Vossen's 19" wheels fit without issue.
Have you sent Diego a pm to double check? Could just be a misprint.

Last edited by '11G37S; 01-23-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Good point, check with Diego.

I also really like some of the Work wheels...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:56 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Hey John, I assume you got my PM, if not, again sorry about the loss of your mom.
As far as wheels, good tip about re-checking w/ Diego, or if it's just a minor clearance issue and you don't mind something like a 5mm spacer that would be good to know.
So many wheel choices, maybe a good time to check in w/ Robert K on those Forged wheels, might be able to work out something that you'd like

I'll do some surfing around and see what turns up, hang in there my friend
Old 01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks, Mike.

Yes I know that phrase is a subjective one but seriously for what the brand new vossens cvts cost Im sure you can maybe hang on a little longer while you are on the look out for something forged that you would like , I specifically dont have anything in mind for forged rims I keep looking around for some decent priced forged rims myself because I am not gonna spend 4 or 5k on the top shelf forged thats just crazy... John remember there are also classfields, maybe one of these days someone posts for sale thread with some nice forged wheels that you will like and you probably will save quite a bit of money too.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Rochester
Administrator

According to CARID.com, the TSW Interlagos fits over the BBK in 18" size. And extremely lightweight, too. Very, very reasonably priced, with a "rotary forged" build technique; (which I suspect is more about marketing that actually being "forged" in the true sense of the words. Kind of like Enkie's build technique.)

In OEM size, that's 18 and 19.5 pounds respectively front to back. Damn. Considering the OEM Enkie 18" staggered sport rims are 24/25 pounds... again, damn.

Anybody know anything about TSW? I have to admit, I've never looked at them before, but this pic below sure is a clean design.

Interlagos Alloy Wheels by TSW

Old 01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Mik3G37S

According to CARID.com, the TWS Interlagos fits over the BBK in 18" size. And extremely lightweight, too. Very, very reasonably priced, with a "rotary forged" build technique. In OEM size, that's 18 and 19.5 pounds respectively front to back. Damn.

Anybody know anything about TWS? I have to admit, I've never looked at them before, but this pic below sure is a clean design.

Interlagos Alloy Wheels by TSW
Looks good ! They come in size 19? And any chance you know how much our 18" duckfeet weigh??
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Looks good ! They come in size 19? And any chance you know how much our 18" duckfeet weigh??
You missed my ninja edit, with a URL and 24/25 pounds on the staggered duckfeet. No, wait, you just didn't click on the TSW URL is all.

And it seems I keep transposing TSW and TWS... LOL.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Mik3G37S

You missed my ninja edit, with a URL and 24/25 pounds on the staggered duckfeet. No, wait, you just didn't click on the TSW URL is all.

And it seems I keep transposing TSW and TWS... LOL.

LMAO ok let me see hahah... damn man thats a lot of weight savings per each wheel !!! Yeah I didnt click on it is all ;D I will now

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 01-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
First off sorry to hear of your lose, prayers go out to you and your family

TSW wheels are very well made, I have had two different sets, on my G and my Z. The last ones I had on my G coupe were TSW Nardos. I really liked them. Will be looking at them again this spring when I get my sedan.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

LMAO ok let me see hahah... damn man thats a lot of weight savings per each wheel !!!
Yeah man. 6 pounds on each corner. In OEM size, that's $1360 from CARID, which is very, very reasonable... assuming build quality in a rim that's not going to crack the first year of ownership. (Big assumption.)

I simply don't want to drop the car, which is why 19" is my limit. However, I also have an automotive value system that makes it really difficult for me to compromise appearance for performance, so I absolutely don't want a rim heavier than OEM (which those VOSSEN's would be, by about a pound or two.)

Plus, I have $600 here in storage as two rear Michelin PSS (with only a few thousand miles on them), which I would have to sell if I went with a non OEM sized rim.

This TSW Interlagos has strong possibilities. I need to find out more, particularly fitment over my BBK, and opinions about quality.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread