G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:35 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Are you talking about the odd shaped plastic box like deals that sat above the valve covers on each side of the motor? I didn't re-use them when I installed my intakes. I don't think that would make any difference in sound. Those black rubber hoses coming off the valve covers are for the valve cover vents.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 330 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I press the door handle button once and it unlocks all four doors. (Settings)
Think its been answered before, but is there a setting to change honk sound with beep sound when locking with the fob??
Old 01-21-2014, 12:36 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Are you talking about the odd shaped plastic box like deals that sat above the valve covers on each side of the motor? I didn't re-use them when I installed my intakes. I don't think that would make any difference in sound. Those black rubber hoses coming off the valve covers are for the valve cover vents.
Yeah. That's what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by STownSaint

Think its been answered before, but is there a setting to change honk sound with beep sound when locking with the fob??
I think you hold down lock and unlock on the key fob and it changes it.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

Watch starting at 1:25

Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
There is no setting that will change the horn to the beep if using the fob to lock the car.
You can only have it honk or not honk.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
2 days has gone by and no new reply in the Chat thread... what's going on?! On the side note I am getting anxious about getting my AK-X CF Diffuser and the CF mirror covers, can't wait to get them so I can finally add a new look to the G
Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I was kinda thinking this thread was in it's death throes. LOL Glad somebody still just wants to chat. Whats up Mik3G37S?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 PM
steelsnow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I got to test drive a g37s 6mt last night. Not sure if I prefer it over the 7at. I like the flappy paddles and the extra gear on the 7at. It also seems to be funner at lower RPMSs. What are your thoughts on each trans? Pros and Cons.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:59 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I wanted a 6mt but couldn't find one in S. Florida, new or used. Even the IPL's the dealerships had were 7at. I think the 6mt would be a bit "funner" to drive personally. Then again traffic is horrible (stop & go) every day. The 7at is probably a better option depending on where you live.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 PM
steelsnow

I wanted a 6mt but couldn't find one in S. Florida, new or used. Even the IPL's the dealerships had were 7at. I think the 6mt would be a bit "funner" to drive personally. Then again traffic is horrible (stop & go) every day. The 7at is probably a better option depending on where you live.
I live in San Francisco, so I know what you mean. The WRX I have is a manual, and I really wanted a manual G37s, but after driving the auto... it's making it hard for me to choose! I love how the auto will rev match, something I do all the time with my manual. It has faster shifts, and extra gear. From a performance standpoint, it makes more sense to me to go auto. Only thing I really worry about is the reliability of the auto. I haven't really read anything about it not being reliable though. But then on the other hand, i have 200k on my stock clutch in my car now, so I know I could make the manual last. Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
2 days has gone by and no new reply in the Chat thread... what's going on?
I've not been posting. My mom passed away last weekend, so that's pretty much taken up my time and made me more than a little glum.

But this is a car forum, so here's the tie-in: she left us a tidy inheritance, and I've decided to use a little bit of it to buy myself something I wouldn't normally do, because I just can't justify the cost for a non-performance part. However, the entirely reasonable rationale here is that this is something I'd appreciate and think of her for making available every time I see them...

...so let's talk wheels.

VOSSEN just announced their new VVSCVT in a 19" casting. I was all dialed into buying these, until one of their retailers here on the forum put on the brakes saying they wouldn't clear the Akebono BBK. Since they're already a pound or two heavier than the 18" OEM Enkie Sport rims, there's no way in heck I'm going to put 20" boat-anchors on the car. Just not going to happen.

So assuming the CVT is off the list... any recommendations?

Shame, too. Such a unique and pretty wheel.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:26 PM
steelsnow

After reading about bolt on modifications, and peoples experiences, I am going to forgo any kind of air and exhaust mods. People report a loss of low end torque, which is where most of my "balling around" would be done, RPM wise. If I do do them, which I wont, it would be a long tube CAI, high flow cats and a cat back with tune. It just costs too much money for the amount of power I would get.

Stuff I've found out about that I will do. The grounding mod, sway bars and a sub. Probably tint the windows, too.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Sorry to hear about your family Rochester. My mother-in-law is getting to that point and I can't honestly say how I'll take it. My sincere condolences, brother.

Now.... Onto the wheels! I really like the Vossen designs. I compared ALL of the vossen line on my car before purchasing mine. I can understand from a performance aspect your decision to not want 20's. I was comfortable sacrificing a little speed for a sunning look... (I am being very biased) Shame those new Vossens will not clear the Akebono's. I think they would look sharp on a G. Spacers maybe? I don't have Big Brakes on my G, so no issue for me. I do wish I had the cheddar to throw some Brembos on. God, what makes them worth $4500?

Try going on http://www.carid.com/custom-wheels.html You can browse through thousands of rims from every price range before settling in on researching a particular brand / style. I did this and was overwhelmed with the selection they have.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
RJ's_G37
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry for your loss Rochester. i picked up the 18 inch enkeis in gloss black this weekend. still trying to get used to the malbec with black rims
Old 01-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I've not been posting. My mom passed away last weekend, so that's pretty much taken up my time and made me more than a little glum.

But this is a car forum, so here's the tie-in: she left us a tidy inheritance, and I've decided to use a little bit of it to buy myself something I wouldn't normally do, because I just can't justify the cost for a non-performance part. However, the entirely reasonable rationale here is that this is something I'd appreciate and think of her for making available every time I see them...

...so let's talk wheels.

VOSSEN just announced their new VVSCVT in a 19" casting. I was all dialed into buying these, until one of their retailers here on the forum put on the brakes saying they wouldn't clear the Akebono BBK. Since they're already a pound or two heavier than the 18" OEM Enkie Sport rims, there's no way in heck I'm going to put 20" boat-anchors on the car. Just not going to happen.

So assuming the CVT is off the list... any recommendations?

Shame, too. Such a unique and pretty wheel.
I'm sorry to hear about your family man... my condolences ...
Sick wheel yet I would never spend that kind of money on a CAST wheel... for a bit more money you can get awesome forged wheel that catches eye just as well and is lighter than OEM so you can save some weight there! Think about it John...

I was kinda thinking this thread was in it's death throes. LOL Glad somebody still just wants to chat. Whats up Mik3G37S?
Yeah always glad to be able part of the forum and talk about anything related to our cars (if not only) and like I have mentioned before I am getting impatient about getting my CF diffuser and CF mirror covers ;D can't wait for the new look

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread