G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Looks better w/o that big white decal, doesn't it, Mike?

Wait... What's that on the bottom of your door? OMG. Sticker Boy.

Well, at least its color is subtle, but damn that's a big thing. What does it mean? Splain it to an old man, buddy.
Uh damn haters. First of all I didn't like that it was this big either but I gave it a try , second of all VIBE Motorsports is a wheel vendor and not only out in California from whom I have received partial sponsorship on my new wheels, hence why I have their sticker and I'm okay with it as the color is subtle and on an angle not even seen. You have no idea how much faster the car feels, butt dyno approves, about 15hp more per sticker since these are pretty big

So John if you ever get sponsored you maybe will understand how the whole thing works
Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by SheLLz
Very sharp! Your wheels look similar to the same vossens Rochester have correct? Makes me lean towards getting new wheels for my G.... as long as they're light.
No, it's Rochester's wheels that are similar to these but in fact these look much better and surprisingly they're light from what I was told !
Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
No, it's Rochester's wheels that are similar to these but in fact these look much better and surprisingly they're light from what I was told !
Uh oh, did you just go where I thought you did

BTW, agree w/ Venom on just the right amount of orange, IMO you couldn't have struck a more perfect balance, that orange dash on the headlights is brilliant. Only slight change I'd make is doing this in orange (rather than green) on your grill badge, IMO it would continue the subtle accent theme

Old 05-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Uh oh, did you just go where I thought you did

BTW, agree w/ Venom on just the right amount of orange, IMO you couldn't have struck a more perfect balance, that orange dash on the headlights is brilliant. Only slight change I'd make is doing this in orange (rather than green) on your grill badge, IMO it would continue the subtle accent theme

Yes I did since Rochester is busting my ***** right now too I agree Brad that would look good and I would change it to what you're suggesting, however the painted emblem chips so easily from all rocks so I'm sick and tired of it and I'll end up getting an emblemless grille vinyl wrapped like this one, my orange emblem itself has already like 4-5 rock chips and it has been professionally painted

...unless I get it painted like that somewhere and then have it wrapped in clear vinyl. Wonder who would paint it that way for me though

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 05-01-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
See, all I saw was the word Vibe, so I didn't know what to think. Could be some kind of K-Pop boy band, or whatever you kids are into these days.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Mik3G37S

See, all I saw was the word Vibe, so I didn't know what to think. Could be some kind of K-Pop boy band, or whatever you kids are into these days.
It's all good John, no harm done, I knew you'd be the first to flame me anyway. I'm not all about stickers trust me but I really don't think this looks bad, it's subtle plus that's how sponsorships work and I do agree the Motorsports letters are not visible from afar in the picture especially on an angle.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:35 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Could be some kind of K-Pop boy band, or whatever you kids are into these days.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
It's all good John, no harm done, I knew you'd be the first to flame me anyway. I'm not all about stickers trust me but I really don't think this looks bad, it's subtle plus that's how sponsorships work and I do agree the Motorsports letters are not visible from afar in the picture especially on an angle.
I'll be honest. I didn't even notice them till Rochester said something lol

Looking nice Mike!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
The color is subtle against Graphite, and assuming the sponsorship is righteous, fine by me, man. I never said it was lame, just that I didn't know what it was.

You know, Mike... Seventeen is coming to the Prudential in Newark this Summer.

Guess who has two teenage daughters? LOL

Last edited by Rochester; 05-01-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Mik3G37S

The color is subtle against Graphite, and assuming the sponsorship is righteous, fine by me, man. I never said it was lame, just that I didn't know what it was.

You know, Mike... Seventeen is coming to the Prudential in Newark this Summer.
Yeah the color is subtle indeed, hence why I actually put it on.

I don't even know what Seventeen is besides that it's a number, what the hell is that?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Falker11
I'll be honest. I didn't even notice them till Rochester said something lol

Looking nice Mike!
Thanks Mike! Yeah it's not really that noticeable but of course it had to be John pointing that out, who else... Not surprised about that at all

When is the shift **** going on? Can't wait to check it out and get mine!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:09 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by pledes23
I did a few things this weekend, thought I would share with you fine folks.
Are you a volunteer firefighter or something?

Don't mean to be jerk, but having hard time imagining how a LED bar like that would be at all necessary for regular driving.

Looks odd, and even worse, looks like it might be detrimental to vision of other drivers (either oncoming or in front of you).

Other stuff looks nice though
Old 05-01-2016, 02:12 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
im solving that blasting your enemies issue with CBI bulbs I just ordered lolIs that legal where you live? I know where I am, if you have more than 4 lights pointing forward at the same time, its a $150 ticket
Yea these are legal as long as you aren't blinding on-coming traffic. The area where I live there are no street lights on the highways or local roads, so this was more of a functionality mod.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:16 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Are you a volunteer firefighter or something?

Don't mean to be jerk, but having hard time imagining how a LED bar like that would be at all necessary for regular driving.

Looks odd, and even worse, looks like it might be detrimental to vision of other drivers (either oncoming or in front of you).

Other stuff looks nice though
I actually am a Volunteer Firefighter and the light bar is installed due to the area where I live and service there are no street lights on the highways or local roads. It won't be most people's cup of tea, but there's a functionality reason to have it installed vs some of the members we have that will try to load up their vehicles with as many different lights as possible.

Also light is on a switch so unless I need it won't be on.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:23 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Gotcha, cheers for volunteering

Gotta admit though, I've driven in a few remote areas w/o street lamps, and never had I felt the factory headlights were inadequate to drive safely.

But you're in a bit of a different situation I suppose, whatever floats your boat..

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread