G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:51 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Man, close to pulling trigger on some COs (Tein Basis), intimidated a bit, never did a/m suspension before.

Any reasons not to go for it?
Old 04-18-2016, 10:08 PM
RJ's_G37
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Man, close to pulling trigger on some COs (Tein Basis), intimidated a bit, never did a/m suspension before.

I was in the same boat.decided to pull the trigger on them..theyre great man no regrets whatsoever..putting it together is not bad i followed 4drz build to do mine..
Old 04-18-2016, 10:17 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Man, I guess I am in that 1%. I did not like the Tein Basis at all. If I would have just save a bit more and got something like BC or something more adjustable I would have been happier. At the point I have it it is still still harsh. I did a 4 hour road trip and regretted it badly. I think I was barley tucking the tire. It was terrible. I'm going back to stock and will be selling these soon.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:16 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Am I the only one here with a Lifetime Membership? I feel special, and super geeky, all at the same time.

Truth is, this forum and the relationships here (such as they are) are all part of the hobby for me. Owning and driving the car, planning and executing mods, talking about it and sharing that with like-minded people who mostly have the same car... it's all the same to me. It's part of what keeps it fresh and new.

But what do I know? I'm an ogre, arr-r-r-r!
Nah, I got a Lifetime Membership too they just won't give me the banner. I was gonna keep trying to get it but y'all are so salty I just can't be bothered... And the ogres... Just awful.

John we KNOW you have no like minded people but damned if that isn't why I keep checking in every so often! Always fun to watch people take the troll bait.

Went to Stancewars Vegas awhile back, some good looking cars and a G sedan actually won best fitment. Was taking a break from modding but I got the winkers installed on the folding mirrors, just need to install them. And decided to move forward with the hood mod. May do some custom fenders and just picked up a set of CF rockers that I'll accent paint and then slap on. Plus a sticker because I need the HP. I was going to go with RHFCs but, I have cats so..l just a sticker will work right?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
I'm just going to quote that before you change it again. You know... for the kids.

I predict you're going to do great things on this forum, Gregor. People are going to love you, man.
Quote all you want. I'll be over here adding as many resonators as I can to make more power than all of you. Even more than VQ Jesus himself. My presence is already greatness on this forum. And people already love me. I'm just a lovable guy, ya know. Fuq outta hereee LOL

Last edited by Gregor12; 04-19-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Am I the only one here with a Lifetime Membership? I feel special, and super geeky, all at the same time.

Truth is, this forum and the relationships here (such as they are) are all part of the hobby for me. Owning and driving the car, planning and executing mods, talking about it and sharing that with like-minded people who mostly have the same car... it's all the same to me. It's part of what keeps it fresh and new.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
yasssss about time we got some real entertainment

Originally Posted by blnewt
This chat thread is worth the price for a premium membership all by its' lonesome. Keep it up
Name:  719A523C-7FB3-4670-94B9-EA311061643B_zpsda53n2rt.png
Views: 46
Size:  409.0 KB
Old 04-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts

Of course you're not the only one

I don't see the value in it, personally. In large part because this is the least active automotive forum I've ever been on. Maybe it's because these cars have been around since 08/09, and everything has been done already

IB makes plenty of $$ off the vendors, and I hate going to the 'new posts' link and having page after page of vendors bumping their threads "great deals", "pm me for prices" etc.

$50 buys a nice bottle of bourbon!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint

Not sure if this counts, since I only had the rears installed... I'm thinking the Tein Basis are better than the OEM suspension on the RWD Sport, but incrementally so. However, if you add to that the ability to dial in ride height, it's a win, and a pretty good $$$ value. Well, not necessarily in my case, since my fronts are in the attic and not on the car. But eventually.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I don't see the value in it, personally. In large part because this is the least active automotive forum I've ever been on. Maybe it's because these cars have been around since 08/09, and everything has been done already
And membership gets younger every day... which is both good and bad. Good, because people have more passion and try new things. And bad because people have more passion and try new things.

One thing for sure, the members who lease their cars are mostly gone now.

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Was taking a break from modding but I got the winkers installed on the folding mirrors, just need to install them.
Folding mirrors are cool. IDK why, and could never ever justify getting them myself, but when you see those things roll up when locking the car, you can't help but smile.

Originally Posted by Gregor12
Haha, that was good.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-19-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
i think I have the life time membership as well
Old 04-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Not sure if this counts, since I only had the rears installed... I'm thinking the Tein Basis are better than the OEM suspension on the RWD Sport, but incrementally so. However, if you add to that the ability to dial in ride height, it's a win, and a pretty good $$$ value. Well, not necessarily in my case, since my fronts are in the attic and not on the car. But eventually.And membership gets younger every day... which is both good and bad. Good, because people have more passion and try new things. And bad because people have more passion and try new things.

One thing for sure, the members who lease their cars are mostly gone now.Folding mirrors are cool. IDK why, and could never ever justify getting them myself, but when you see those things roll up when locking the car, you can't help but smile.Haha, that was good.
In all seriousness, why haven't you installed the front yet? As for the members getting younger it will get worse. Eventually it will all just be #stancenation with phone booked fenders. Atleast it will never be as bad as the 350z community. They have become the civics of our time. The community is horrible
Old 04-19-2016, 08:24 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
In all seriousness, why haven't you installed the front yet? As for the members getting younger it will get worse. Eventually it will all just be #stancenation with phone booked fenders. Atleast it will never be as bad as the 350z community. They have become the civics of our time. The community is horrible
Sorry, still noobish here.... could you or someone please elaborate on phone-booked fender?

Don't know that one.

Sean
Old 04-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

In all seriousness, why haven't you installed the front yet?
I dropped the car on Swift springs two years ago, almost immediately after getting these Vossens. That was fine for a year, but the droopy rear was really bugging me. I tried a couple of alternatives with poly spacers between the springs and the top-seats, but both efforts were a complete, embarrassing failure. So I bought a set of Tein Basis CO's and rear SPC camber kit... that gave me exactly the ride height and fitment I wanted in the back.

Fronts were fine, regarding height and fitment. So I left them alone, although I was prepared to have the fronts installed as well, if the handling went to ****. Surprisingly, it didn't. Actually, there was an improvement, although marginal. Overall, this car handles really, really well. Very flat, with little correction... just point and shoot. I know that's a bit of hyperbole, but it's pretty cool how it handles. I suspect wide PSS and swaybars account for most of that.

So now I've got this goofy hybrid suspension, with OEM sport shocks and Swift springs in the front, and Tein Basis with SPC camber kit in the back. It's goofy, for sure, but it works.

As for the members getting younger it will get worse. Eventually it will all just be #stancenation with phone booked fenders.
It's inevitable. Very soon, someone is going to say to me, "What do you know, you're old?", or "GTFO, old man!" LOL, it's coming, and there's nothing to stop it from happening.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-19-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:34 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VIVID
Sorry, still noobish here.... could you or someone please elaborate on phone-booked fender?

Don't know that one.

Sean
People now shove phone books through there fenders and other fun activities to be #hellacool and kill the scene yo.

I dropped the car on Swift springs two years ago, almost immediately after getting these Vossens. That was fine for a year, but the droopy rear was really bugging me. I tried a couple of alternatives with poly spacers between the springs and the top-seats, but both efforts were a complete, embarrassing failure. So I bought a set of Tein Basis CO's and rear SPC camber kit... that gave me exactly the ride height and fitment I wanted in the back.

Fronts were fine, regarding height and fitment. So I left them alone, although I was prepared to have the fronts installed as well, if the handling went to ****. Surprisingly, it didn't. Actually, there was an improvement, although marginal.

So now I've got this goofy hybrid suspension, with OEM sport shocks and Swift springs in the front, and Tein Basis with SPC camber kit in the back. It's goofy, for sure, but it works.It's inevitable. Very soon, someone is going to say to me, "What do you know, you're old". It's coming, man. Can't stop it from happening.
Lolol that last statement had me dying. And I can understand that. If you're fine with the ride height in the front, then there's no need to change them lol might as well ride on the stock shocks/struts until they blow. Are the spring rates for the tein and swift springs the same?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Are the spring rates for the tein and swift springs the same?
I honestly don't know. Some things I study to death before modding, some things I don't. I didn't get into spring rates. So now I have shame.

The plan is to install my front CO's at some point, with a camber kit and new end-links. But I'm in no hurry... maybe next year. Maybe 2018.

People now shove phone books through there fenders and other fun activities to be #hellacool and kill the scene yo.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts

One thing for sure, the members who lease their cars are mostly gone now.
I'm still here but only because I'm probably a dumb **** for leasing then buying. The original plan was to lease then trade up to a CTS-V. But that now seems like such overkill for my daily use.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread