G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 10:32 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
Ayyyyy! happy belated 21st man haha and same here lol I was horrible as a child so I feel like karma may have a little payback lined up lmao.
Oooh, 21, thought he was 18... My Canadian mind...
Old 04-16-2016, 10:33 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
LOL, wizeazz. Needs a proper macro shot on the dining room table, huh?

I'll work on that, boss.

This has to be a fake photo due to the different table cloth. You are not fooling anyone.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
This has to be a fake photo due to the different table cloth. You are not fooling anyone.
Haha, cood catch. However, take it up with the wife.

Table cloths, window valences, even decorative plate and dumb little knickknacks... she changes that stuff up all the time, usually to coincide with some holiday, but sometimes just because.

Not that I'm complaining! But apparently you are, LOL.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Hey 4DRZ. Do you see that little rubber washer/nub thing on the threaded end? It's a thick piece of rubber perfectly sized to the threads, with an really snug fit, so that if you screw it down to the base of the threads, you create a stopping point. Do you follow where I'm going with this?

That actually didn't come with the shifter. For yuks and peace-of-mind on sizing, I screwed my (destroyed) OEM **** on to the end. When I unscrewed it, that rubber grommet stayed on the shifter. Apparently it was embedded deep into the OEM **** threads. I'm thinking that's going to be useful in tweaking the **** height. Which, (duh), is where I was going with this. TWM claims a 1/2" drop, and I'm thinking I'd prefer no drop at all, so if I can offset that even by 1/4"... maybe.

Also, see that disc on the shaft, about the size of a silver dollar? It's held there on both sides by a tight coil of hardened rubber. I believe that's a vibration damper, which is something TWM markets, but wasn't in their stock footage, like this picture here:

If I can get any vibration damping at all, that's a win. Because as you know, I'm going to install that Z1 Motorsports transmission mount, too. And I'm expecting a bit of acceptable NVH there.

Anyway, FYI.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-16-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:49 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Step 1. Z1 Transmission Mount
Step 2. TWM Short-throw Shifter
Step 3.
Step 4. Profit.
Are you a closet gamer Rochester?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:49 AM
PGg35s

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Ayyyyy! happy belated 21st man haha and same here lol I was horrible as a child so I feel like karma may have a little payback lined up lmao.
Thanks. Haha that's where plastic and duct tape come into play.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:55 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Haha, cood catch. However, take it up with the wife.

Table cloths, window valences, even decorative plate and dumb little knickknacks... she changes that stuff up all the time, usually to coincide with some holiday, but sometimes just because.

Not that I'm complaining! But apparently you are, LOL.
Yeah, my wife does the exact same thing. We have all these fancy "decorative" napkins that I cannot use. What's the point of that? I am pretty sure we have enough "decorations" to fill an entire room now.

Hey 4DRZ. Do you see that little rubber washer/nub thing on the threaded end? It's a thick piece of rubber perfectly sized to the threads, so that if you screw it down the threads, you create a stopping point. Do you follow where I'm going with this?

That actually didn't come with the shifter. For yuks and peace-of-mind on sizing, I screwed my (destroyed) OEM **** on to the end. When I unscrewed it, that rubber grommet stayed on the shifter. Apparently it was embedded deep into the OEM **** threads. I'm thinking that's going to be useful in tweaking the **** height. Which, (duh), is where I was going with this. TWM claims a 1/2" drop, and I'm thinking I'd prefer no drop at all, so if I can offset that even by 1/4"... maybe.

Anyway, FYI.
Yeah you will probably need some way to adjust the height of the shift **** depending on how much lower it sits currently. I had to get rid of the nice round shift **** I had because it sat way too low. I was dragging my knuckles on the shift trim every time I changed gears.

I changed over to the tear drop one and had to fab something up with spacers and washers to get the height right. It is still much lower in relation to the shift trim than any other car I have owned, but it is a fine height since the armrest and seating position are also lower.

My B&M kit replaced a lot more parts and took a little while to break in and loosen up, but it is awesome now. From looking at your shift lever, I don't think there should be much break in period. You should be good to go right out of the box.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
Are you a closet gamer Rochester?

Hahahaha... holy crap! You freaking stalker.

No, I'm not a gamer. However, yes, you correctly pointed to Unreal Tournament 2004, which I sometimes play with my girls over the home network. They like playing teams with Capture the Flag, and playing on the same team (yuk!). Whereas I prefer playing Deathmatch against one another.

I think it's a gender thing.
The following users liked this post:
ShuuraRG (04-16-2016)
Old 04-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Yeah you will probably need some way to adjust the height of the shift **** depending on how much lower it sits currently.
Yes, that's what I was getting at.

However, TWM's marking gives conflicting expectations. Some of it claims a 1/2" drop, and some of it claims a 1/4" drop, like this video here. And the video talks about the vibration damper, but it isn't in the video... assuming it's the thing I think it is. Weird, huh?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:12 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
This is supposed to be a family safe site!@# What's with these explicit images
Old 04-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
What's up guys, the results are in from my nismo/custom exhaust and I'm pretty damn impressed. I told you guys we could make power with stock cats. If all the 370z guys do it, then we can as well! Only down fall was that they couldn't tune my car. Ecutek will be sending a compatible file on Monday and I will get my car tuned Tuesday. Soho was super nice about it and even knocked off some of the price. If anyone's in the Charlotte are or near. I highly recommend them. Plus they actually know how to tune. After they tuned my 370z I'll never go anywhere else haha
Old 04-16-2016, 02:40 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

What's up guys, the results are in from my nismo/custom exhaust and I'm pretty damn impressed. I told you guys we could make power with stock cats. If all the 370z guys do it, then we can as well! Only down fall was that they couldn't tune my car. Ecutek will be sending a compatible file on Monday and I will get my car tuned Tuesday. Soho was super nice about it and even knocked off some of the price. If anyone's in the Charlotte are or near. I highly recommend them. Plus they actually know how to tune. After they tuned my 370z I'll never go anywhere else haha
Sebastian also told me that there was no need to go for HFC's. I'm tuning with FI CBE and Takeda intake. A few more WOT logging sessions to go!
Old 04-16-2016, 03:17 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
Sebastian also told me that there was no need to go for HFC's. I'm tuning with FI CBE and Takeda intake. A few more WOT logging sessions to go!
Very nice bro! And yea its not worth the increase and change in sound either. After intakes. Exhaust and tune. Adding test pipes and re tuning might net you 10 wheel. I've seen it a million times. Sebastian is like the head of everything lmao. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. And I feel you, i Can't wait to bolt on the AEM cold airs and get it tuned!! Here are the results. No tune or anything. Nismo H-pipe, mid-pipe, and custom axle back (2-1/4).

Name:  0A02A1F1-D167-494E-92B2-2B3E7CAC1931_zpsa7hnkadx.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  207.3 KB
Old 04-16-2016, 04:03 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Very nice bro! And yea its not worth the increase and change in sound either. After intakes. Exhaust and tune. Adding test pipes and re tuning might net you 10 wheel. I've seen it a million times. Sebastian is like the head of everything lmao. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. And I feel you, i Can't wait to bolt on the AEM cold airs and get it tuned!! Here are the results. No tune or anything. Nismo H-pipe, mid-pipe, and custom axle back (2-1/4).

God stuff!!! I'm aiming to break 300WHP this year. If savings go my way, I'll go SC in another year or two!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Nice! Post up your numbers and Dyno brand when you're done

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread