G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 02:06 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
^ oh same here for sure. That's easily several million. There were even MORE parked outside!
I know right where that place is. In fact, there are quite a few places just like it here in our area.

Now you know why I feel like such a laggard sometimes in my glorified soccer-mom sedan.

Sean
Old 04-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Now you know why I feel like such a laggard sometimes in my glorified soccer-mom sedan.
It's the opposite for me, Sean. There's money here, but it's old money and rarely spent on flashy sportscars. However, in my immediate township, I'm decidedly in the more blue-collar area. So while it's still almost-urban (meaning not an overabundance of trucks), most of the cars around me are bread & butter sedans. Camry's, Accords, Altimas, Impalas, Sonatas, Fusions, etc. In a broad generalization, there are more domestic family cars west of the river, and more imports east of the river. Every town has a "river" per se. For most, it's the railroad, or the highway.

The curious thing is that my G blends right in with that crowd... if only at first glance. Obviously it's a couple notches better than average, or so I like to tell myself. But you wouldn't know that unless you knew cars.

Um, or unless you heard it first.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It's the opposite for me, Sean. There's money here, but it's old money and rarely spent on flashy sportscars. However, in my immediate township, I'm decidedly in the more blue-collar area. So while it's still almost-urban (meaning not an overabundance of trucks), most of the cars around me are bread & butter sedans. Camry's, Accords, Altimas, Impalas, Sonatas, Fusions, etc. In a broad generalization, there are more domestic family cars west of the river, and more imports east of the river. Every town has a "river" per se. For most, it's the railroad, or the highway.

The curious thing is that my G blends right in with that crowd... if only at first glance. Obviously it's a couple notches better than average, or so I like to tell myself. But you wouldn't know that unless you knew cars.

Um, or unless you heard it first.
This is the same situation for me. I am proud of my G and find it just the right amount of flashy without being obnoxious like those other cars. I love the performance of a super car but don't think I could take the stigmata attached to it. I've gotten complimented on my car several times by people who know cars and don't but in the end I really enjoy my car because its fun to drive.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Lol... I was driving around a few days ago looking for a place which sells car paint, turn a corner and run into THIS

There are some rich people here in MD lmao:

And yes that's a goddamn F40

Is that Competizione in Gaithersburg?
Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
Is that Competizione in Gaithersburg?
Yeah. I literally live a half mile from there, and never knew that place was there until like a week ago lmao.

I was going to Finishmaster to get some paint for something, and it was right next to it.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Yeah. I literally live a half mile from there, and never knew that place was there until like a week ago lmao.

I was going to Finishmaster to get some paint for something, and it was right next to it.
Great stuff. I'm down that alley pretty often, but never bothered to stop by to take a look. Maybe one day when I have to get some work done on the car and need to kill time
Old 04-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
Go to automotivetouchuppaint.com and select the QAA code. It's $40 for the 2 aerosol cans since we have triple stage paint. Haze the stock chrome, and spray the paint. A body shop will charge at least $120, from my experience shopping around.
I was eyeing that! We rent out to a body shop and he hooks me up with paint though. He mixes it all in house and then gives it to me and I just spray it on / clear it at home. But this would be the first time having to match paint so idk how that would work. So I did find that site when I was looking to paint the outer edges of my grille. The only thing I'm worried about is the black back up camera sticking out like a sore thumb lmao looks like I'm going to have to photo shop it.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
I want a Ferrari lol that f40 though....
Old 04-05-2016, 03:34 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
I was eyeing that! We rent out to a body shop and he hooks me up with paint though. He mixes it all in house and then gives it to me and I just spray it on / clear it at home. But this would be the first time having to match paint so idk how that would work. So I did find that site when I was looking to paint the outer edges of my grille. The only thing I'm worried about is the black back up camera sticking out like a sore thumb lmao looks like I'm going to have to photo shop it.
I think it looks great. My spoiler is not a 100% paint match. But, in this shade, it looks fine. I was planning to re-paint the spoiler but I may go a different route all together.

Sedan Chat Thread-ztwcjyt.jpg
Old 04-05-2016, 03:35 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
Interesting chart, got a source link? What do the values Af, Ai, Ar represent (units?) ?

IMO, you can't really compare sway bars by diameter or wall thickness. Need to know their spring rate, and if spring rates are linear or progressive. What does the notes column mean - is it referring to the sway bar tubing wall thickness?
It appears that A sub f is the term they are using for the outer area (in mm²) of the front sway bar and the A sub i is the inner area (also in mm²) since it is a tube and not a solid bar), so the actual calculated area = Af - Ai. Same goes for the rear (A = Ar - Ai).

Lol... I was driving around a few days ago looking for a place which sells car paint, turn a corner and run into THIS

There are some rich people here in MD lmao:

And yes that's a goddamn F40

Awesome! I love finding places like that. My wife and I were out driving around one day and ran across this little shop that had several old Mercedes (including a Gullwing), a couple of Jaguar E-Types, a couple of old Aston's, and several other absolutely beautiful classic cars. Just a crazy amount of money in garages like these!

Name:  IMG_1164_zps59vfntvj.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  205.6 KB
Old 04-05-2016, 03:37 PM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The equipment alone is probably worth a ton. Im sure they use all the high end tools.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:47 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Great dog pics, here's an older one when our mixed pit/lab/? & our Rottie were sleeping, a couple years later and he still sleeps on the big girl, lol.

Awe, what a cute pic. I love Rotties (makes me miss my Dobbie), and that Pit/Lab mix is absolutely adorable! Thinking we need to start a dog thread on here. We have one over on the Jeep forum. LOL
Old 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Finally got started on my wire tuck over the weekend. Got the passenger's side finished. WooHoo!

Name:  IMG_5173_zpsvbv29d68.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  225.8 KB
Name:  IMG_5168_zpswg0hn27y.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  234.8 KB
Name:  IMG_5167_zpsab9ln9o1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  172.3 KB

The finished product! Just need to do the driver's side now.
Name:  IMG_5176_zpswwxgebl1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  208.6 KB
Name:  IMG_5177_zps8scmesxd.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  231.4 KB

Also added nutserts and 6mm SST bolts in place of the cheap OEM plastic bumper clips while I had the front bumper loose.

Name:  IMG_5178_zpsvxgefamw.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  154.2 KB
Old 04-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Finally got started on my wire tuck over the weekend. Got the passenger's side finished. WooHoo!
OMG, you're brave! I've been wanting to do that for years, but can't screw up the courage. Got any details or advice on the project?

How the heck did you remove your headlights without dropping the bumper? Granted, I've not done either, so maybe I'm under a misconception about all that.

Impressed, man.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:56 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G

The finished product! Just need to do the driver's side now.

Also added nutserts and 6mm SST bolts in place of the cheap OEM plastic bumper clips while I had the front bumper loose.

That looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread