G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Coincidentally, I had it off the car yesterday and was cleaning it up. Kind of getting the itch for Springtime. Three years later, and the paint has held up 100%.
Since it's off the car today... here's a picture.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Just leave the engine cover off! Weight reduction bro.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:30 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
Just leave the engine cover off! Weight reduction bro.
The VQ isn't that pretty though!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:10 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Knightjs
Seeing how Ark and FI were just mentioned, I gotta ask. Still debating on a cbe for my '11 g37S. Been leaning towards FI with Ark in second. Price has definitely been my only holdout since I'm the breadwinner and have 3 kids now(youngest 4 months). Came across a used Ark for $800 and the guy will meet me 2 hours away. I've listened to countless videos and sometimes they sound similar and other times different. Anyone that has heard both, can you describe the differences? I like a good deep sound having grown up with late 60's mustangs, and early 90's Z28's all with V8's. But with a 4 door and 3 kids I don't want interior drone or too obnoxious out back.

I'm with Vivid and Rochester on this one, if it's between the Ark and FI and you want minimal drone/rasp then I would go with the FI. I haven't had the Ark exhaust on my car, but I've ridden in a couple of sedans with them and I definitely think they make more noise than the FI... It's a decent throaty sound, but there is a bit too much of a low drone for me. I've actually had Tanabe with Tanabe Y (what I'm currently running), full FI exhaust, Invidia, and a full custom set-up on my G and so far the Tanabe axle back combined with the Tanabe Y-Pipe is my favorite, but it may be too mellow for most. I'm even starting to get a little bored of it and may switch It out yet again sometime soon.

Originally Posted by the93owner
You could also consider the Invidia catback, some people say it's too quiet but I think it's a good sound level. Won't break the bank either, under $900 for a new one.
I actually think the Invidia is quite a bit louder than the FI exhaust. I had the full Invidia exhaust with resonated mid-pipe and couldn't even make it 6 months with it on the car. It just had way too much drone for me and my wife.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:32 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I'm with Vivid and Rochester on this one, if it's between the Ark and FI and you want minimal drone/rasp then I would go with the FI. I haven't had the Ark exhaust on my car, but I've ridden in a couple of sedans with them and I definitely think they make more noise than the FI... It's a decent throaty sound, but there is a bit too much of a low drone for me. I've actually had Tanabe with Tanabe Y (what I'm currently running), full FI exhaust, Invidia, and a full custom set-up on my G and so far the Tanabe axle back combined with the Tanabe Y-Pipe is my favorite, but it may be too mellow for most. I'm even starting to get a little bored of it and may switch It out yet again sometime soon.

I actually think the Invidia is quite a bit louder than the FI exhaust. I had the full Invidia exhaust with resonated mid-pipe and couldn't even make it 6 months with it on the car. It just had way too much drone for me and my wife.
Dude, we must have different versions or something but there is 0% chance the Invidia Q300 is louder than the FI. My local friend has the FI and my Invidia with test pipes is comparable to his setup with OEM cats. With my OEM cats, the Invidia is super silent, no drone.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I'm with Vivid and Rochester on this one, if it's between the Ark and FI and you want minimal drone/rasp then I would go with the FI.
I don't think there's anything raspy about the ARK exhaust. But drone... oh yeah, there's drone. Ditto on the Motordyne Shockwave, which uses the same Helmholtz resonator design as the ARK Grip. But that's just a youtube opinion; never experienced the Shockwave in person.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:16 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Anyone know if aftermarket sway bars are AWD specific or not?
Old 03-03-2016, 04:31 PM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jfisher
HOTCHKIS SPORT SUSPENSION SYSTEMS, PARTS, AND COMPLETE BOLT-IN PACKAGES » Blog Archive 2008+ Infinity G35X G37X (AWD) Sport Sway Bar Set from Hotchkis Sport Suspension

Yes. BTW that's probably not the best price for those just using that to show you what they look like. I just asked this same question a week or two ago lol.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by jfisher
Only the front sway bar is AWD specific, Hotchkis is the only one that will fit.

You can use any rear sway bar you'd like though.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:56 AM
sptl99
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttv36
^ Glad I was able to provide some inspiration to your caliper color decision! You should also reach out to JP, I think he does core exchanges now too.
where can i reach jp at.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:13 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Do calipers need to be "Prepped" before I ship them out to be powder coated? The powder coater said to remove anything that can't survive a 400 degree bake. Do you guys rebuild them when you get them back?
Old 03-04-2016, 07:35 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by xpcgamer
Do calipers need to be "Prepped" before I ship them out to be powder coated? The powder coater said to remove anything that can't survive a 400 degree bake. Do you guys rebuild them when you get them back?
Yep. They need to be stripped. Then when you get them back rebuild them. You can order this if you don't have it already:

https://www.z1motorsports.com/brakes...it-p-6891.html

Since my brakes were brand new I had them painted...didn't want to break them down and rebuild for PC.

Sean
Old 03-04-2016, 09:53 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

I haven't rebuilt calipers in a very long time. The ones I am getting have 60K miles on them so it would best I guess to rebuild them I guess. Now to try and figure out what color. I was thinking of something crazy like Candy Blue, Lime green or Purple but how easy would it be to sell the car if I had to later on? Would love to see what would look better on Bright Silver.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:31 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
I'm trying to source infinti decals for my brakes without having to custom order it through a vinyl shop. Suggestions?
Old 03-04-2016, 10:41 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Akebono Brake Caliper Higt Temperature Decal Sticker Set of 4 White | eBay

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread