G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 09:05 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
when I was doing my fogs from the wheel, I saw the plugs for the headlights, I assume you can reach them from there because the airboxes would be in the way (which you dont have, so might be able to reach from the top)
Old 02-21-2016, 10:17 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
when I was doing my fogs from the wheel, I saw the plugs for the headlights, I assume you can reach them from there because the airboxes would be in the way (which you dont have, so might be able to reach from the top)
Remove airboxes Rochester and you will have plenty of room to access the turn signal.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
Remove airboxes Rochester and you will have plenty of room to access the turn signal.
Airboxes, LOL.

Thanks, guys. If it's through the top, then I'll play with this sooner than later.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:50 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Airboxes, LOL.

Thanks, guys. If it's through the top, then I'll play with this sooner than later.
I don't know how that could have slipped my memory. I've seen your engine bay quite a few times to know you have R2C's, lol.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:56 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Yep. I've done the switchbacks.

With no air boxes you could go in from the top. However, the windshield washer reservoir can be a challenge to work around. If so, the wheel well is a nice option. And you can mess with the parking markers if you are so inclined. Get those all to match up white 5500K...

Depending on the type of switchbacks, you might have to splice in resistors to get rid of the hyper flash.

Sean
Old 02-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by VIVID
With no air boxes you could go in from the top.
I looked at things a little while ago. In order to get my hand in there, I would need to remove the R2C filters and heat-shields. Removing the heat shield isn't practical without removing the intake mid-pipes off the throttle-bodies. And that isn't do-able without removing the GT-Spec FSTB...

...none of which is rocket-science, but these considerations make this a much larger project than simply reaching in and swapping bulbs. So much like the Retrofit Source LED fog lights that are sitting in the corner of my office, playing with these switchbacks is a project best left for warmer Spring days.

(sigh)

Once a year, I disassemble the R2C intake components, clean them up, paint the heatshields, etc. This will have to wait for that, likely in April.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-22-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I looked at things a little while ago. In order to get my hand in there, I would need to remove the R2C filters and heat-shields. Removing the heat shield isn't practical without removing the intake mid-pipes off the throttle-bodies. And that isn't do-able without removing the GT-Spec FSTB...

...none of which is rocket-science, but these considerations make this a much larger project than simply reaching in and swapping bulbs. So much like the Retrofit Source LED fog lights that are sitting in the corner of my office, playing with these switchbacks is a project best left for warmer Spring days.

(sigh)

Once a year, I disassemble the R2C intake components, clean them up, paint the heatshields, etc. This will have to wait for that, likely in April.
Excellent idea. I almost forgot about the fogs. The April full lighting and intake maintenance sounds like the best plan.

BTW, when do you swap back to the PSSs? Is it a temperature thing, weather thing? A combination? Curious...

Sean
Old 02-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by VIVID
BTW, when do you swap back to the PSSs? Is it a temperature thing, weather thing? A combination? Curious...
It's a temperature thing. Typically end-of-March... sometimes (like last year) well into April.
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (02-22-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
So anyone have a recommendation on what sways to get? Anyone had a bad experience or an extremely good experience w/ a specific brand?
Old 02-23-2016, 12:16 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
You ave an X, so there is only hotchkis. On the bright side, that's a very high quality sway bar.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 PM
TannerG

Originally Posted by hexotic
You ave an X, so there is only hotchkis. On the bright side, that's a very high quality sway bar.
Hotchkis 22443 Sport Sway Bar? Didn't realize that was my only option.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Rochester, I got a Q70 loaner last night. Sounds like a beast inside. The engine has a deep growl. Nothing like my stock G37. Does the R2C give it a similar sound? I really thought it was a v8 model maybe till I popped the hood. Don't know if you've ever driven one, a lot more room than the g, but feels big. Our engine still shines in it though, as it would move for a big car!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Knightjs
Rochester, I got a Q70 loaner last night. Sounds like a beast inside. The engine has a deep growl. Nothing like my stock G37. Does the R2C give it a similar sound? I really thought it was a v8 model maybe till I popped the hood. Don't know if you've ever driven one, a lot more room than the g, but feels big. Our engine still shines in it though, as it would move for a big car!

Not personally familiar with the Q70. In actuality, I prefer the old M35 design that predated the M37. Seemed just the right size for a personal, luxury sedan. And the design was less egg-shell like.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:37 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by TannerG
So anyone have a recommendation on what sways to get? Anyone had a bad experience or an extremely good experience w/ a specific brand?
You can use any REAR sway bar on the X. It's the front one where Hothkis is your only choice. With that being said, Hotchkis is one of the best sway bar options for the G37. They're by far the cheapest on TireRack. I'm in North Carolina (Jacksonville) and I'd gladly help you with the install as long as it's not too far of a drive, lol. Just let me know.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 PM
TannerG

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
You can use any REAR sway bar on the X. It's the front one where Hothkis is your only choice. With that being said, Hotchkis is one of the best sway bar options for the G37. They're by far the cheapest on TireRack. I'm in North Carolina (Jacksonville) and I'd gladly help you with the install as long as it's not too far of a drive, lol. Just let me know.
Thanks man I appreciate the offer. I have a buddy of mine w/ the tools and experience working on infiniti/nissan (used to work at a Nissan) that he'll do it for free. What sways do you use?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread