G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:06 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
My driver side FI RHFC crapped out on me and it hasn't even made it through 1 year. I believe the honeycomb is going bad or is bad cause it makes a rattling/rasp noise. You can really hear it when you're next to a wall like a drive thru.

I think I m going to pick up some Z1 HFC even though they aren't resonated.

When the FI RHFC were good they sounded great with my ARK but now I cant stand how they sound and its kind of embarrassing cause when I go on base I have to show my ID and it just sounds terrible...
That sucks bad!!!

Hope I can get more than a year outta mine. If not, that's like $60/month for cats...

Sean
Old 02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've got 2 feet of snow on my driveway right now.

For months, we've had the most lame winter ever, and then BAM!
It's 65 degrees and sunny where I'm at

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
My driver side FI RHFC crapped out on me and it hasn't even made it through 1 year. I believe the honeycomb is going bad or is bad cause it makes a rattling/rasp noise. You can really hear it when you're next to a wall like a drive thru.

I think I m going to pick up some Z1 HFC even though they aren't resonated.

When the FI RHFC were good they sounded great with my ARK but now I cant stand how they sound and its kind of embarrassing cause when I go on base I have to show my ID and it just sounds terrible...
Yeah, if they're rattling, the substrate came loose. Same thing happened to my OEM cat.

You should be embarrassed driving on base in anything but a Mustang or Silverado!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Sequestered in the garage for a number of days now. I suspect the G is lonely, and would like to be driven.

Certainly the dog wants to be walked around the block again.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:51 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Rochester - I almost forgot!!!

How is you newish friend? Still a walking fiend? You should be in fine shape by the time of the meet up.

Also, you do have a very attractive set-up there. Nice.

Sean
Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

And this is why I pay what I pay to live in CA. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt right now and drive on max perf summer tires all year. I took my sons to the beach this weekend and ran my RC truck and built sand castles.
Snow looks nice in pictures, though...
Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
And this is why I pay what I pay to live in CA. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt right now and drive on max perf summer tires all year. I took my sons to the beach this weekend and ran my RC truck and built sand castles.
At least I can water my lawn and wash my car when I feel like it (except right now). LOL

Sean
Old 02-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Rochester - I almost forgot!!!

How is you newish friend? Still a walking fiend? You should be in fine shape by the time of the meet up.

Also, you do have a very attractive set-up there. Nice.

Sean
It would be more attractive if the garage were heated, and there were an enclosed walkway. Or maybe a tunnel... with a powered scooter, just like El Chapo. But it is what it is.

Doggie is awesome. My new best friend; (sorry cats).
Old 02-16-2016, 05:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Yeah, every review I've seen about the Berk's said it was rasp city.

Both FI and Z1 have 300 cell counts. I'm like the worst person to give advice to. LOL

I actually never had any rasp with the Berk HFC's on my car, although I believe I only ran them with the Tanabe axle back and factory resonators. That was actually the best sounding set-up I had on my car. I didn't start getting rasp and drone until I swapped the exhaust for an FI cat back. They I tried a modified Tanabe with Invidia x-pipe/resonated mid-pipe and still had a slight amount of rasp and a nasty drone at around 3K RPM's on the highway (even with the OEM CAT's installed). So now I'm back to a Tanabe axle back with Tanabe Y-Pipe and factory resonated mid pipe. No rasp and no drone.

Incidentally, for those interested, I gained 18 RWHP peak and around 28 RWHP lower in the RPM curve when I first installed the Berks along with an UpRev tune. However, interestingly enough, when I put in the GTM SC system a couple of years later the car made more HP with the OEM Cats installed, so I never reinstalled the Berk HFC's.

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
We had a Tornado/Storm warning this morning before I took the girls to school. The entrance to the school was under 2 feet of water. "Looks like your gonna be late girls!"
I've got 2 feet of snow on my driveway right now.

For months, we've had the most lame winter ever, and then BAM!

Eek! Not to rub it in, but it's been 90°F and sunny here all week... We're actually running the A/C at my office today.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:28 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311

No doubt... I'm with you on that! We went to HIN in Del Mar two weekends ago and went to the beach that Sunday and then we went for a long hike into the mountains with our dogs last weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous both days. Even in the mountains (we only make it up to about 4500ft or so in elevation) it was still in the upper 70's up there.

Incidentally, I have a nice view of the snow capped mountains from both my house and office, so I get to see the snow everyday... although most of it has melted with all the warm weather this past week.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:47 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I actually never had any rasp with the Berk HFC's on my car, although I believe I only ran them with the Tanabe axle back and factory resonators. That was actually the best sounding set-up I had on my car. I didn't start getting rasp and drone until I swapped the exhaust for an FI cat back. They I tried a modified Tanabe with Invidia x-pipe/resonated mid-pipe and still had a slight amount of rasp and a nasty drone at around 3K RPM's on the highway (even with the OEM CAT's installed). So now I'm back to a Tanabe axle back with Tanabe Y-Pipe and factory resonated mid pipe. No rasp and no drone.

Incidentally, for those interested, I gained 18 RWHP peak and around 28 RWHP lower in the RPM curve when I first installed the Berks along with an UpRev tune. However, interestingly enough, when I put in the GTM SC system a couple of years later the car made more HP with the OEM Cats installed, so I never reinstalled the Berk HFC's.

Eek! Not to rub it in, but it's been 90°F and sunny here all week... We're actually running the A/C at my office today.
Any sound clips of either setup?
Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Did you happen to notice or measure performance improvement going from the first setup (Berks/tanabe/factory resonators) to adding the FI catback?
Old 02-17-2016, 01:36 AM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
A/C on all week over here, I guess that makes it sweater weather? And they said El Nino was going to hit hard this year, hah! Really curious if winter will get a second wind, I had fun doing some snow driving up Angeles Crest a couple months ago.

By the way guys and gals, hope you don't mind me crashing your chat thread from time to time! No G over here at the moment but I have a feeling we may end up with one in our lot sooner than later.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Has anyone removed the hexagonal piece on our front sport rotors? Installing spacers this weekend, was curious.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:56 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Sequestered in the garage for a number of days now. I suspect the G is lonely, and would like to be driven.

Certainly the dog wants to be walked around the block again.

This is basically also what it looks like in WI right now. Big snow banks. But I am having lots of fun driving the G this winter with snow tires.

Originally Posted by MaQG37
Has anyone removed the hexagonal piece on our front sport rotors? Installing spacers this weekend, was curious.
What hexagonal part are you talking about?
Old 02-17-2016, 12:58 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
What hexagonal part are you talking about?
I found it through searching at g35driver. It's a dummy bolt to prevent someone from putting the rear wheels on the front.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread