MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
WTF

Who?
I'll save your ISP the bandwidth

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

And John, as exciting as getting new wheels is, that would be a very uneventful twitter feed to follow .

"oh man they're jacking up my car"

"WOOOOO FIRST LUG NUT IS OFF. I REPEAT, FIRST LUG NUT IS OFF".

"GUYS IT'S HAPPENING LAST LUG NUT IS BACK ON"
Old 01-15-2016, 06:28 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Here they are, the weather is horrible right now so I'll take some more pics this weekend. Will also update my build thread.
The Firestone on base did an amazing job, no damage to the wheel, hand torqued the lug nuts and everything. One of the TPMS sensors I purchased off eBay didn't work so they had to pull out one of my old ones. Total was $82 for mounting, balancing and TPMS setup.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Looks great Z. Look even better with a drop....
Old 01-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Big improvement. Even better when you get the fitment worked out.

Kind of reminds me of the fitment in my old Maxima. I called this little guy Gappy the Frog.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-15-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:20 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
O_o Your Maxima was full on 4x4...
Old 01-15-2016, 07:33 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Here they are, the weather is horrible right now so I'll take some more pics this weekend. Will also update my build thread.
The Firestone on base did an amazing job, no damage to the wheel, hand torqued the lug nuts and everything. One of the TPMS sensors I purchased off eBay didn't work so they had to pull out one of my old ones. Total was $82 for mounting, balancing and TPMS setup.

How exciting! Looks really good. Now we need some pics of the entire car from a few different angles.

On another note... just curious, but what kind of lift kit are you running?
Old 01-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
I have a feeling lowering springs are in your future.

Because 4x4.

Wheels look good though!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:23 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
yay, another x owner lol. Looks awesome. Hopefully you will drop it a bit to fix that gap. Otherwise, the wheels look amazing.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:36 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
How exciting! Looks really good. Now we need some pics of the entire car from a few different angles.

On another note... just curious, but what kind of lift kit are you running?
Well since I couldn't find an FJ Cruiser, I opted for a lifted G37x sedan...

I will get some better pictures once the garbage weather clears up in North Carolina.
I have a feeling lowering springs are in your future.

Because 4x4.

Wheels look good though!
Indeed they are. Either springs or coilovers. I can't decide. Fortune coilovers look nice, but at over $1500 for the coils with swift springs upgrade...........
Swifts alone seem great but how will the car handle afterwards?

Originally Posted by hexotic
yay, another x owner lol. Looks awesome. Hopefully you will drop it a bit to fix that gap. Otherwise, the wheels look amazing.
Thank you!!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

The handling on just swift springs isn't much different. The ride quality about the same as stock. Sway bars will help the handling more than the springs. Im on 20's and while I do feel the bumps in my ***, its in no way uncomfortable. And the drop on swifts is just perfect. If your shocks are in good condition, might be the way to go. If your shocks are close to death, coilovers might be the better choice in the long run. (taking installation cost into account. The X front struts are a giant pain in the *** to swap, even a specialized nissan/infiniti performance shop took 3 hours to install mine).
Old 01-15-2016, 09:48 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

The handling on just swift springs isn't much different. The ride quality about the same as stock. Sway bars will help the handling more than the springs. Im on 20's and while I do feel the bumps in my ***, its in no way uncomfortable. And the drop on swifts is just perfect. If your shocks are in good condition, might be the way to go. If your shocks are close to death, coilovers might be the better choice in the long run. (taking installation cost into account. The X front struts are a giant pain in the *** to swap, even a specialized nissan/infiniti performance shop took 3 hours to install mine).
So the only downside of Swift springs is that my struts will go quicker? I'd like to think struts are still in good shape. Most reviews for X coils suck. I have a good friend back home who's a mechanic and will do the work for me, and even a couple of guys over here who are mechanically inclined, so install is not a problem. JUst finding the best solution for lowering my car. I'd like to have it lowered + Hotchkis sway bars by mid-March or the beginning of April.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:53 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Its not that the swifts will make your shocks and struts die, its that they will accelerate the process by a tiny bit. You could always just upgrade to new shocks and struts to save some money, but if youre spending that much, might as well add a bit more and go for coilovers. From the research Ive done, a lot of x drivers praise BC coilovers, especially paired with swift springs, its a magical combination.

My car was at 40k miles when I lowered it, and the suspension was still in perfect condition.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 10:01 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Its not that the swifts will make your shocks and struts die, its that they will accelerate the process by a tiny bit. You could always just upgrade to new shocks and struts to save some money, but if youre spending that much, might as well add a bit more and go for coilovers. From the research Ive done, a lot of x drivers praise BC coilovers, especially paired with swift springs, its a magical combination.

My car was at 40k miles when I lowered it, and the suspension was still in perfect condition.
Oh I didn't know I could pair swift springs with the BC coils. I'll definitely be considering that. So just the Swifts I'd buy for the X? I swap out the BC springs in place of the Swifts? Easier said than done?
Old 01-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Buy a used set of Koni's and have them gutted and inserted into your stock shock bodies.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:16 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Buy a used set of Koni's and have them gutted and inserted into your stock shock bodies.
Konis wont fit the X. Unless by gutting you mean modifying them to fit. Might as well buy Monroe for the same price without the extra work.

EDIT: I just realized what you meant. That could work.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread