G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
On the other note, anybody got any info on the proper bed in procedure of OEM R Spec pads ? Lego_Maniac? I bet you do
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
$97 in April 2013.

For a shop with a lift and tools, it shouldn't take more than an hour front & back.
Just about the same price- one hour of labor.
The following users liked this post:
ocie (01-09-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by ocie
I've got a jack and ramps. I've tried on two separate occasions to get the 17mm bolts out and they would not budge from the breaker bar or when I added a little leverage with a PVC pipe. Just kinda tired of it and trying to do the install in an non-insulated garage in negative temperatures is further curbing my enthusiasm.
The end link through bolts? Have you tried using the jack?

Put a 6 point wrench on and use the jack. Or a dead blow hammer. Not the same bolt, but I attached a pic to illustrate my point.

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Why not jack up the car first then place the ramps under (for tasks that don't require wheel removal). That's what I do. Sure I can drive up the ramp too (stock suspension), but doing so involves clutch slipping.
I thought I was the only person who did this

I like to back my car into the garage when wrenching on it. The bonus to this approach is you can get both ends of the car up on ramps.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
On the other note, anybody got any info on the proper bed in procedure of OEM R Spec pads ? Lego_Maniac? I bet you do
Nothing special. I did 10 or so 60-10 stops, then coast to a stop somewhere, sit back, and let the brakes cool.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-dscn2079.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by Lego_Maniac:
Mik3G37S (01-08-2016), ocie (01-09-2016), VIVID (01-09-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
T

Nothing special. I did 10 or so 60-10 stops, then coast to a stop somewhere, sit back, and let the brakes cool.
I see, how long do you suggest I sit back to let them cool, asking because I don't want to burn myself several times when checking lol
Old 01-08-2016, 08:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I see, how long do you suggest I sit back to let them cool, asking because I don't want to burn myself several times when checking lol
When I bed mine I just do the 10 reps then just drive down the open road for about 15 minutes without braking, cools them pretty well with the constant air on the rotors. But I live in an area where there are "open roads" without traffic for miles
Mik3G37S (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
IDK a time. My brake bleeding loop brings me home and I roll into the garage. By the time have a beer, clean up my tools, have another beer and shower, they're plenty cool.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
When I bed mine I just do the 10 reps then just drive down the open road for about 15 minutes without braking, cools them pretty well with the constant air on the rotors. But I live in an area where there are "open roads" without traffic for miles
Yeah exactly... that wouldn't be possible for me at least not somewhere very close to me. I'd have to brake MANY times to a complete stop to get out to somewhat less populated areas I guess..

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
IDK a time. My brake bleeding loop brings me home and I roll into the garage. By the time have a beer, clean up my tools, have another beer and shower, they're plenty cool.
I see. I'll have to figure it out where to do it then.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
So, here I am at Crossroads Infiniti in Raleigh, NC. Mind you, I had to wake up at 5am so I could drive from Camp Lejeune to Raleigh to make my service appt at 8am.(Its the only Infiniti dealership in my area) I get told I can't get a loaner because I'm only 20 years old! Apparently I can make my own car/insurance paynents but can't be trusted with a loaner vehicle while my car is gettiny repaired. So now I have to wait and see if I can get my catalyic converter replaced today. If not, I'll have to come back some other day. Pretty bummed out.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:56 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
So, here I am at Crossroads Infiniti in Raleigh, NC. Mind you, I had to wake up at 5am so I could drive from Camp Lejeune to Raleigh to make my service appt at 8am.(Its the only Infiniti dealership in my area) I get told I can't get a loaner because I'm only 20 years old! Apparently I can make my own car/insurance paynents but can't be trusted with a loaner vehicle while my car is gettiny repaired. So now I have to wait and see if I can get my catalyic converter replaced today. If not, I'll have to come back some other day. Pretty bummed out.
Sorry to hear that.

That's just stupid!!! You're paying a premium for dealership service. I understand this is under warranty, and you won't be paying but, REALLY?

They must use a rental service at the dealer rather than just handing out cars. That's how they do it at the BMW dealer. You drop off your car and then go over to the National kiosk to get a car and they charge the dealer for it. So whatever rigamorol that you you have to endure at a regular car rental is done there. And I'm sure it includes the 'no rentals to anyone under 25' BS. Though, unfortunately, that age is well in my rear view mirror.

I liked it better when a loaner was a loaner...not a rental.

Oh and hats off to you!!! Wish I had my sh*t together enough at 20 to have a nice VR G. I only just got one LOL.

Sean
Old 01-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I get told I can't get a loaner because I'm only 20 years old!
It's been that way for decades.

33 years ago, I was 19 and the owner of a brand new Firebird (because awesome!) Had the car in for a service repair (a lot, actually), and they couldn't give me a loaner because of my age. A few times, they just sent me out on an all-day test drive (wink wink), and once the Service Manager loaned me his personal car, so I had a station wagon for the day.

Granted, the "test drive loaner" was always a T1000, which was Pontiac's version of the Chevy Chevette. If you don't know what that bit of driving excellence is... here:

Sadly for you, it is what it is. And now you know... although the dealership really should have told you up front.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-09-2016 at 09:19 AM.
VIVID (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 09:34 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Shoot!! You guys had/have nice cars!!!

This was me at 19:

Stock image. Mine was 'champagne' LOL.

SEAN
Old 01-09-2016, 09:50 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Sorry to hear that.

That's just stupid!!! You're paying a premium for dealership service. I understand this is under warranty, and you won't be paying but, REALLY?

They must use a rental service at the dealer rather than just handing out cars. That's how they do it at the BMW dealer. You drop off your car and then go over to the National kiosk to get a car and they charge the dealer for it. So whatever rigamorol that you you have to endure at a regular car rental is done there. And I'm sure it includes the 'no rentals to anyone under 25' BS. Though, unfortunately, that age is well in my rear view mirror.

I liked it better when a loaner was a loaner...not a rental.

Oh and hats off to you!!! Wish I had my sh*t together enough at 20 to have a nice VR G. I only just got one LOL.

Sean
It's not like the dealership was a close drive or anything, 140 miles! But it turns out I need BOTH of my cats replaced, the other dealer said it was just my driver's side cat that's messed up. And I have to wait for them to order the parts again, so I'll be dropping my car off on Monday and catching a ride back with one of my friends. Such a headache. At least it's free... except for the gas

Originally Posted by Rochester
Sadly for you, it is what it is. And now you know... although the dealership really should have told you up front.
That would've been much better, but eh, Raleigh is a nice town and I'm just going to spend the rest of my day here. Good thing I brought a friend with me, lol.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:57 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Posts not working for some reason

Last edited by 4DRZ; 01-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:59 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Here is what my first "beast" looked like.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:26 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Ok, still cannot post more than a few words for some reason

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread