G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
It's really just the yellow calipers and the chrome trim. I'm sure if you switch those up and black out the chrome trim, it will look much better.
Repainting the calipers is big deal now that they're already painted and on the car. So that's unlikely to happen, is my guess.

His belt line window trim is already wrapped, so whatever chrome there that's bugging you is a line in the car much removed. I don't think there's an issue here.

I suspect what would help is if the headlight assemblies weren't so bright and chrome. That's something on the list for a lot of people here, myself included.

Originally Posted by VIVID
If I had a $ for every time a boy (and they're all boys - never girls) said 'sick G sir', I'd be driving a McLaren.
"Sir", LOL. There is a noticeable look of shock on the face of racerboy younglings when they realize I be old. Usually it's a double-take on the road. And when I go pick up my kid at the High School... some long stares as I rumble into the parking lot. At first my daughter was embarrassed about it, but now I'm seeing that little smile of pride as she gets in the car.

She knows now that other people her age are staring because her Dad has a cool car. Now that you have that FI exhaust, I know that you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-05-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:31 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
It's really just the yellow calipers and the chrome trim. I'm sure if you switch those up and black out the chrome trim, it will look much better.

As for me, I'm still on the hunt and stuck with the choice of getting OEM 19's (haven't decided which ones) or going the aftermarket route. It's like I want my car to look aftermarket but not really? I'm scared about making a big purchase now and regretting it later even though I'm sure that's just part of the process. I just can't seem to justify spending more than $2,000 on wheels + tires. That money could go towards something else, such as paying my car off. In due time.
I do agree. I'm thinking of getting the rest of the chrome wrapped...not just the belt-line. But I pretty much like it the way it is.

But, ah, the head lights...that's a whole different matter. That's sort of a logistical conundrum. I do want them done, but...take these off and send them? Buy new ones and send those so i'll have a vehicle during the process? I'm absolutely not doing them myself. That's right out.

Sean
Old 01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by Rochester
Repainting the calipers is big deal now that they're already painted and on the car. So that's unlikely to happen, is my guess.

His belt line window trim is already wrapped, so whatever chrome there that's bugging you is a line in the car much removed. I don't think there's an issue here.

I suspect what would help is if the headlight assemblies weren't so bright and chrome. That's something on the list for a lot of people here.
LOL. Crisscrossing posts addressing the same topic with the same'ish conclusion.

Sean
Old 01-05-2016, 09:39 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
But, ah, the head lights...that's a whole different matter. That's sort of a logistical conundrum. I do want them done, but...take these off and send them? Buy new ones and send those so i'll have a vehicle during the process? I'm absolutely not doing them myself. That's right out.

Sean
You actually just gave me a great idea for my car! I'll be away from it for 6 months later on this year. That would be a perfect time to send my headlights out. Don't want anything too crazy. I still think gunmetal would be the best bet for the headlights. It creates the right amount of contrast on VR while remaining somewhat discrete.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:45 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

You actually just gave me a great idea for my car! I'll be away from it for 6 months later on this year. That would be a perfect time to send my headlights out. Don't want anything too crazy. I still think gunmetal would be the best bet for the headlights. It creates the right amount of contrast on VR while remaining somewhat discrete.
Orrrrrr:

Send in YOUR headlights with MY specifications and have them returned to me. Then I, in turn, remove and send in MY headlights with YOUR specifications and have them returned to you. LOL.

Sean
Old 01-05-2016, 11:18 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
I personally love the way your G looks as if right now. Very aggressive.
Thank you for the compliment.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:22 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
FWIW, I really like your current color on the VR. But, obviously, I'm no arbiter of good taste....LOL

Sean
Thank you. I like your boldness to stand out, because at the end of the day it's something we all do in our own unique way. I think if the calipers were black and your window trim was black it would be more appealing to my eyes in picture. But I go back to the whole POV that in person I could be of a different opinion.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
So I think I've narrowed it down between these two 19" OEM wheels.

19" anniversary wheels (the ones pictured are 18")

And these 19" black chrome wheels
Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Black chrome, hands down. Not even moment's hesitation.

While I prefer the LE 9-spokes over the duckfeet, neither are very appealing, IMO. I much prefer the both designs in the Sport Coupe rims. And in Black Chrome... gorgeous.

This is what Vivid should have done.

Here's an old pic of a VR Sedan with 10-spoke Sport Coupe rims that the owner had chromed. Granted, the car is at OEM height, but you get the general idea. Now imagine that properly lowered, in black chrome (drool), with painted BBK calipers.

Name:  IMG_1675.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  94.2 KB

Last edited by Rochester; 01-05-2016 at 12:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 11:58 AM
ocie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for me, I'm still on the hunt and stuck with the choice of getting OEM 19's (haven't decided which ones) or going the aftermarket route. It's like I want my car to look aftermarket but not really? I'm scared about making a big purchase now and regretting it later even though I'm sure that's just part of the process. I just can't seem to justify spending more than $2,000 on wheels + tires. That money could go towards something else, such as paying my car off. In due time.
I keep looking for a nice set of aftermarket rims but yeah, dropping that much money right now seems ludicrous given that I'm trying to save up for a down payment on a house.

The realistic goal for 2016 getting coilovers and some spacers. I have Hotchkis sways sitting in my living room that need to be installed, but I need to get an industrial space heater first. It's going to be realllll cold starting this weekend.

I second black chrome, by the way.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:59 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by Rochester
Black chrome, hands down. Not even moment's hesitation.

While I prefer the LE 9-spokes over the duckfeet, neither are very appealing, IMO. I much prefer the both designs in the Sport Coupe rims. And in Black Chrome... gorgeous.

This is what Vivid should have done.
I sure you've guessed that was seriously considered. And of course, not out of the realm of possibilities...but right now I'm going to revel in my old, white, male, suburban ricer.

Sean
Old 01-05-2016, 12:02 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
... these 19" black chrome wheels
One of the few wheels I have seen that looked like an acceptable, direct replacement to my stock, 35 18s. I'm going to see if I can find an on-G photo, but these are subtly sexy to me. I've always been a fan of the black chrome. The depth it offers (very much like the sunken treasure) really does have strong a visual impact.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:04 PM
nelledge
n00b

...right now I'm going to revel in my old,... suburban ricer.
Sean

Edit: I just noticed it has TX plates. LOL! The stereotype is propagated.
VIVID (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 12:08 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by nelledge
I'm embarrassed to say that holds some appeal for me...

Is it yours?

That's certainly one way to express yourself.

Sean
Old 01-05-2016, 12:22 PM
nelledge
n00b

...Is it yours?

That's certainly one way to express yourself.

Sean
Uuhhh... no. I've got a Scout II. I would never consider dropping it. Trucks and SUVs were made for one purpose... utility. There is little functional about that vehicle. I can hear the violins and vihuela every time I glance at such an abomination.
VIVID (01-05-2016)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread