G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:29 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
That said, I can only speculate that's what happened with ZM's car just from my experience, but there can always be other causes. I've also had the ceramic substrate in a CAT start to completely disintegrate, but that was on my 20 year old Porsche, so that was probably just due to age.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:32 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Ugh yea that loaner is just poor man's Q50 I guess... At least the VQ37 wasn't taken away as part of the base model cuts. LOL
Leatherette seats, no heated seats, no nav, no power mirror, idk what else it's missing since I'm not very well aware of what other Q50's have with better packages.

Eek.. Didn't realize they offered a "bare bones" Infiniti like that. Were the G's also available without all those options (sans the Nav... I realize that was an option package)? I guess I would just assume since it was an Infiniti it'd have full leather, power everything, etc...
Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Also speaking of dealerships covering stuff under warranty, they found the water leak on the passenger side making the carpet wet caused by a clogged sunroof drain and also replaced or are still replacing my rear subframe bushing which has been leaking for a while now all under warranty as well, hence maybe why they still haven't called me today with an update, probably keeping it till tomorrow if they got the part late today. Can't wait to get back in my sedan finally...

Sorry to hear about your water leak, Mike, but glad to hear they are taking care of it for you. If there was another Infiniti I wanted to buy right now I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Infiniti just for the simple fact that their dealer service has been the best I have received yet. I recall bringing my G in for the heater line flush recall and when I picked up the car I had a new steering wheel trim piece, new door switch plates (because they were scratched and chipped) and a new dash instrument cluster surround (because it rattled when they test drove it)... all without me even asking them to replace these parts! I'm sure not every Infiniti dealer operates like this, but I have been to two different dealers for warranty work and other service and have had a stellar experience at both.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Eek.. Didn't realize they offered a "bare bones" Infiniti like that. Were the G's also available without all those options (sans the Nav... I realize that was an option package)? I guess I would just assume since it was an Infiniti it'd have full leather, power everything, etc...
Well the Q50 does come as this bare bones model named exactly a Q50a. It oddly has heated steering wheel, yet no standard heated seats which aren't even real leather as I mentioned previously. By "no power mirror" I meant it doesn't have the auto dimming rear view mirror which is very cheap IMO, and I'm sure there's few more things that I don't know about since I don't know what Q50's come with if they're equipped with the better option packages.

Sorry to hear about your water leak, Mike, but glad to hear they are taking care of it for you. If there was another Infiniti I wanted to buy right now I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Infiniti just for the simple fact that their dealer service has been the best I have received yet. I recall bringing my G in for the heater line flush recall and when I picked up the car I had a new steering wheel trim piece, new door switch plates (because they were scratched and chipped) and a new dash instrument cluster surround (because it rattled when they test drove it)... all without me even asking them to replace these parts! I'm sure not every Infiniti dealer operates like this, but I have been to two different dealers for warranty work and other service and have had a stellar experience at both
I am quite pleased with mine as well. About a year and a half ago, only 1 year into my ownership, the same week few days before our first annual v36 sedan meet up in PA with guys like John(Rochester), Ahmed(doublea88), Chris(RexHavoc) and many other guys, I at the beginning that week in April of 2014 brought the car in for my noisy power steering pump to get it done before the meet up, mean while I had been experiencing transmission noises, which I didn't mention because I wanted to revisit about that after the meet up even a week later, well a day or two after I dropped the car off, my service advisor calls me just letting me know they replaced the PS pump and that they were going to replace the transmission as well due to some grinding noises they found in first gear.

Now I got my leak taken care of, the drain cleaned, wet spots dried, and I believe they probably got the rear subframe bushing late today so didn't get to replace it all by tonight so they'll finish tomorrow, so nomore leaking subframe bushing.

Also at this time when I'll be picking up the car I'll be talking to someone there about getting Infiniti elite extended warranty or at least see what my options are, given I will definitely keep my car for a good while as I really enjoy it too much, that will definitely be investment worth the money
Old 12-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
...given I will definitely keep my car for a good while as I really enjoy it too much, that will definitely be investment worth the money
Could have swore it was less than a year ago you were talking seriously about finding a CTS-V. Change your mind?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
I believe they probably got the rear subframe bushing late today so didn't get to replace it all by tonight so they'll finish tomorrow, so nomore leaking subframe bushing.
Aside from the leaking, did you notice any difference after the rear subframe bushing "broke"?

Mine popped awhile ago and I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed. Partly because I'm lazy, but mostly because I can't tell it's "broke". In fact, if I hadn't crawled under my car to lube the sway bar bushings, I wouldn't have even know it was leaking.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester
Could have swore it was less than a year ago you were talking seriously about finding a CTS-V. Change your mind?
Yeah I was thinking about that but nah, I like my G much more and have put quite some time, effort, money and heart into it and although it may not have 556 HP, it truly like it a lot overall and besides the modding has gone too far not to keep it for long while, it's crazy how our minds can change 180 degrees, besides past few mods I got I've spent about $3000 on them, while to some it may not be a whole lot, to me it's quite a bit, and the reason why I got them is because I'll keep the car so I'll enjoy them much longer

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Aside from the leaking, did you notice any difference after the rear subframe bushing "broke"?

Mine popped awhile ago and I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed. Partly because I'm lazy, but mostly because I can't tell it's "broke". In fact, if I hadn't crawled under my car to lube the sway bar bushings, I wouldn't have even know it was leaking.
I actually haven't noticed really, only because when I did my differential fluid like 6months ago and had the car in the air, that's when I initially found out, maybe it's not something that's noticeable right away that it "broke", perhaps it may be more noticeable after a longer period of time. IDK.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

besides the modding has gone too far not to keep it for long while
There it is. You're in for the long-haul now, Mike. Unless our cars get totaled, we're going to be here on the forum for another 5 years at least. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I planned: a 9-10 year ownership.

In other news, I finally received my packet of leather swatches from Redline. Out of the 42 pieces, I can immediately pair that down to 16 possibilities. I'm guessing that will get slimmed down to just two or three once I take them out to the car.

This is kind of interesting.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-30-2015 at 01:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Mik3G37S

There it is. You're in for the long-haul now, Mike. Unless our cars get totaled, we're going to be here on the forum for another 5 years at least. Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I planned: a 9-10 year ownership.

In other news, I finally received my packet of leather swatches from Redline. Out of the 42 pieces, I can immediately pair that down to 16 possibilities. I'm guessing that will get slimmed down to just two or three once I take them out to the car.

Yes indeed I guess we are and once the G is fully paid off, maybe then I'll get another vehicle for a daily, thinking probably a used little Fiesta ST 6MT, little fun car, good gas mileage, good for some autox( at that point it might as well not be stock anymore LOL)

Speaking of the leather shift boot, I might get something done by the same guy who did my steering wheel, since he's right there and his work is immaculate, thinking I'd also do same red stitching and it'd match the steering wheel stitching really nice

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-30-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Heck, I'm still paying on a loan for the car, modifications be damned. I've got 13 more payments to go, after which we start looking at new cars (crossovers) for the wife. That new Infiniti QX30 looks like a nice fit, but probably priced $10k more than we want to pay. We'll see.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:44 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

I am quite pleased with mine as well. About a year and a half ago, only 1 year into my ownership, the same week few days before our first annual v36 sedan meet up in PA with guys like John(Rochester), Ahmed(doublea88), Chris(RexHavoc) and many other guys, I at the beginning that week in April of 2014 brought the car in for my noisy power steering pump to get it done before the meet up, mean while I had been experiencing transmission noises, which I didn't mention because I wanted to revisit about that after the meet up even a week later, well a day or two after I dropped the car off, my service advisor calls me just letting me know they replaced the PS pump and that they were going to replace the transmission as well due to some grinding noises they found in first gear.

Now I got my leak taken care of, the drain cleaned, wet spots dried, and I believe they probably got the rear subframe bushing late today so didn't get to replace it all by tonight so they'll finish tomorrow, so nomore leaking subframe bushing.

Also at this time when I'll be picking up the car I'll be talking to someone there about getting Infiniti elite extended warranty or at least see what my options are, given I will definitely keep my car for a good while as I really enjoy it too much, that will definitely be investment worth the money

Bet you'll be excited to have her back and all fixed up too! I just can't say enough about Infiniti's dealer service. I've owned so many cars (at least 25) of many different brands and models ranging from BMW's and Porsche's to Ford, Pontiac's, and Chrysler products, and I can tell you that Infiniti by far has the best dealers out of all of them. BMW was a VERY close second, but the worst dealers I have been to yet are the Jeep dealers. I actually currently own both a Ram 2500 and a Jeep, but there is a vast difference between just these to make's dealer networks. We've now taken the Jeep to 3 different dealers for warranty work and have had an absolute awful experience at all of them. In fact, my wife took the Jeep in for what sounded to be an exhaust leak around the passenger's side CAT, but I could not locate from under the Jeep. And the dealer actually actually had the audacity to tell her that the driver's side head was blown... this with the Jeep running perfectly and never having an issue with it. I've been working on cars for almost 30 years and have rebuilt several engines and I tell her there's no way blown head on the driver's side is making the "angry squirrel" exhaust leak sound on the passenger's side. So, when we get the jeep back home I spend a Saturday pulling the battery tray and fender liner and find that the passengers side exhaust manifold is actually missing one of four bolts and two others are loose! Crazy that the dealer couldn't find that, especially when that's exactly where the sound was coming from. So needless to say we stopped using that dealer and started going to another dealer. The next dealer failed to tighten the intake hose back down after replacing the air filter during another service. The intake hose was literally hanging off the throttle body and we take this Jeep offroad (in the dirt!) all the time! That was the last time we've taken the Jeep in for any kind of service warranty or not... I do it all myself now. Sad that it's only 3 years old with 30K miles and still under warranty but we don't trust any of the local dealers to service it... ok, I'm officially off my soap box... for now. ;-)

Yeah I was thinking about that but nah, I like my G much more and have put quite some time, effort, money and heart into it and although it may not have 556 HP, it truly like it a lot overall and besides the modding has gone too far not to keep it for long while, it's crazy how our minds can change 180 degrees, besides past few mods I got I've spent about $3000 on them, while to some it may not be a whole lot, to me it's quite a bit, and the reason why I got them is because I'll keep the car so I'll enjoy them much longer

I know what you mean, Mike. I've been saying I'm gonna replace my G for 2 or 3 years now, but every time I drive something else I just come back to the G and simply enjoy driving it more... Plus, like you said, all the time, effort, and money into modifying it only makes it that much harder to get rid of her. My wife has actually talked me into looking at used Audi R8's now, which would probably mean selling the Porsche and keeping the G, but I'm also really interested in the new Alfa Romeo Giulia. Can't wait to drive that when it finally comes out next year.

That's pretty good thinking, John. I typically keep a car for 8 - 10 years (unless I don't like it) and modifying your car helps keep it fresh and enjoyable which I believe keeps you from getting bored of the same car too soon. But I just passed the 7 year mark on my G, so I'm really starting to want something different.

Heck, I'm still paying on a loan for the car, modifications be damned. I've got 13 more payments to go, after which we start looking at new cars (crossovers) for the wife. That new Infiniti QX30 looks like a nice fit, but probably priced $10k more than we want to pay. We'll see.

You should consider looking at the new Mazda CX9 when it comes out in early 2016. This is what my wife really wants and she is waiting patiently for them to come out. We drove the previous CX9 and it actually drives very nice with the sport package, but the style is just a bit too boring for her, so she decided to wait for the new one. I've tried to talk her into looking at the new QX30, buts it's just a little too small for our needs. She's looking for something that will have enough room to fit both of our German Shepherds in the back and still have seating for 4/5, but she doesn't want a full size SUV.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 12-30-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

That's pretty good thinking, John. I typically keep a car for 8 - 10 years (unless I don't like it) and modifying your car helps keep it fresh and enjoyable which I believe keeps you from getting bored of the same car too soon.
Exactly right. I feel very fortunate that my DD can be an excellent hobby car, too.

You should consider looking at the new Mazda CX9 when it comes out in early 2016.
That's a non-starter. We owned a new 2003 Mazda MPV Minivan for 4-5 years, and although I really liked it, the wife didn't. She couldn't say why exactly, but her opinions are her own and I respect that. Consequently, the entire Mazda brand is dead to her.

Same for Volvo, for the exact same reasons.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:22 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

That's a non-starter. We owned a new 2003 Mazda MPV Minivan for 4-5 years, and although I really liked it, the wife didn't. She couldn't say why exactly, but her opinions are her own and I respect that. Consequently, the entire Mazda brand is dead to her.

Same for Volvo, for the exact same reasons.

That's really too bad, but I completely understand. Sad how one bad ownership experience can sour you to an entire brand, but I had the same thing happen with BMW.... I will never buy another BMW after the bad experience I had with my E36 M3 many years ago... Just one of those things you never forget, I guess.

As for Mazda, we've owned 3 other Mazda's in the past (I've owned 2 different RX7's and my wife had a Protégé 5, which she absolutely loved) and we enjoyed and had a good experience with them all. Granted all were much sportier cars than the MPV... So, we're on the flip side with Mazda and they are always one of our top choices when searching for a new car.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:37 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
I really hope this other dealer will cover my repair under warranty. I'm not trying to shell out for a catalyic converter. Crossroads Infiniti of Raleigh, NC is still saying they have to diagnose the problem even though I have paperwork that says exactly what's wrong with my car and the repair that's going to be done.

Last edited by ZahyMatar; 12-30-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:32 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Sounds like you guys have a nice little annual meet going there, Mike. Almost makes me wish I still lived in NY.... almost.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-31-2015)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread