G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 11:17 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Well my TopSpeed exhaust will be coming less than 2 weeks from now and I have plans on purchasing some FI RFHC. So I won't worry about it too much.
Are you getting the top speed Y-Pipe to go with the exhaust?
Old 12-20-2015, 11:26 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
Are you getting the top speed Y-Pipe to go with the exhaust?
I was actually just looking up aftermarket Y-Pipes to go with the exhaust. Is the TopSpeed Y-Pipe the one I should go for?
Old 12-21-2015, 09:02 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Hey guys just looking for some advice. Back in August Mavis damaged all four of my duckfeet wheels and replaced all of them. The damages occurred where the lug bolts go to the wheels.

My question is, can this be repaired or should I just junk them and call it a day? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by pledes23; 12-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:26 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by pledes23
Hey guys just looking for some advice. Back in August Mavis damaged all four of my duckfeet wheels and replaced all of them. The damages occurred where the lug bolts go to the wheels.

My question is, can this be repaired or should I just junk them and call it a day? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
I won't even ask how she managed to damage 4 wheels at the same time. LOL

Yes. They can be repaired. Curb rash, dings even cracks can repaired. Check out a few shops and see if what they will charge is worth it to you.

You could have them refurbished and the re-sell them. Or sell them as is and let the new owner have them fixed to their liking. Don't just trash them. Ask for $$$ so someone else can haul away your unwanted items and pay you for the privilege.

Sean
Old 12-21-2015, 09:31 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
I won't even ask how she managed to damage 4 wheels at the same time. LOL

Yes. They can be repaired. Curb rash, dings even cracks can repaired. Check out a few shops and see if what they will charge is worth it to you.

You could have them refurbished and the re-sell them. Or sell them as is and let the new owner have them fixed to their liking. Don't just trash them. Ask for $$$ so someone else can haul away your unwanted items and pay you for the privilege.

Sean
When I switched to my duckfeet those idiots put my tuner lugs instead of the stock lugs on. The tuner lugs ripped right through the lug wells and damaged the four wheels.

I'm using the app, are you able to see the pictures I added to my post?
Old 12-21-2015, 09:48 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by pledes23
When I switched to my duckfeet those idiots put my tuner lugs instead of the stock lugs on. The tuner lugs ripped right through the lug wells and damaged the four wheels.

I'm using the app, are you able to see the pictures I added to my post?
Damn. In that case, I think they might be toast. I wouldn't take any chances with that type of issue. Sorry to hear about that. (I can't see any pics, however).

If you want to at least get some 'value' out of it, you might make a post in the wheels/tires tech section showing what can happen when one uses tuner lugnuts on an OEM mag seat application. There are people who think that will work out fine.

Sean
Old 12-21-2015, 02:18 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

My new Morimoto XB LED Fogs...debating on whether I want to install them now or wait until winter...
Old 12-21-2015, 02:19 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by eurtsx

My new Morimoto XB LED Fogs...debating on whether I want to install them now or wait until winter...
I installed mine the day I got them.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Mine are sitting in the corner of my office, waiting for next Spring. Figure about four more months. It gives me something fresh for the car, something to look forward to. Not that after 4 months I'm not jonesing to get my Vossens back on.

Patience is a virtue. And the end of Winter makes everything new again.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:00 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Mine are sitting in the corner of my office, waiting for next Spring. Figure about four more months. It gives me something fresh for the car, something to look forward to. Not that after 4 months I'm not jonesing to get my Vossens back on.

Patience is a virtue. And the end of Winter makes everything new again.
I should've waited. With my rotten luck this month, I should've known to not even try anything with my car right now. Here's a running tab of crap going on while I was installing:

1) 8mm screw essentially sheared off, can't reuse OEM fog since the broken bit is stuck in the housing.
2) Had my positives and negatives reversed in the harness, so I spent about 30 minutes trying to get it out and reversed.
3) Since I don't have a bolt, it's moving a bit, which is making me a bit nervous, I'll probably head to Home Depot tomorrow.
4) The passenger side has the windshield wiper fluid reservoir in the way of the inner fender liner, so that was moot point.
5) I can't undo the under tray because my car is low and it's a pain in the ***.
6) I can't take off my bumper because the bolt in the bracket is spinning freely.

So I'm stuck with one yellow morimoto LED fog, one OEM fog, and a world full of hurts.

Looks like I'm to remain ghetto for the next couple of months before it's taken in for a front end repaint, among other things.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:06 PM
winner00
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Got it yesterday actually. Installed it with me and my brother today at his school's shop. Took about 2 hours to do and was rather easy. No annoying bolts or anything.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Looks like I'm to remain ghetto for the next couple of months before it's taken in for a front end repaint, among other things.
Ouch. I'd call that a lesson learned about rushing to get things installed.

Good luck, eurtsx.

Originally Posted by winner00
Got it yesterday actually. Installed it with me and my brother today at his school's shop. Took about 2 hours to do and was rather easy. No annoying bolts or anything.
That exhaust is a thing of beauty, isn't it? The car is rather dirty, but man what a pretty exhaust.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM
winner00
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That exhaust is a thing of beauty, isn't it? The car is rather dirty, but man what a pretty exhaust.
Yea it sure is. Haven't had time to wash it because it's been snowing and raining the past week. We got over a foot and a half in a day and now it's currently raining haha.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:57 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
What school does he attend? Wyo, UTI, or Lincoln tech?
Old 12-21-2015, 06:03 PM
winner00
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
What school does he attend? Wyo, UTI, or Lincoln tech?
It's a local college here in Utah. DATC (Davis Applied Technology College).

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread