G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Progress thread is fine thanks bud. Ill reorganize and reformat the post once I finish this ad for a hangover cure pill lol.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:36 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

One of the things about my Vossens that I really dislike, is the way road dirt from rainy days can make a ring of sludge just inside the lip. It's a PITA because that ring goes completely around the rim, *behind* the spokes.

Whatever the physics principle is making this happen, it rather sucks. So either I keep my wheels clean all the freaking time, or if I let them go, I have to spend a knuckle-busting effort on all four. I can only properly wax them once a year, when taking them off for winter.

And while I love the look of that deep recessed lip, it's really difficult to clean all the bay back. Not to mention how hard it is to properly reach the valve stem... which I just did. Really sucks.

Now that I've ranted my First World Problems... LOL
I've use these wheel woolies on my GS since I bought it and have come to the conclusion they're the best thing to use to clean the back of the wheel (behind the spokes). I washed my mom's Passat when she first got it and it had 38,000mi worth of crud behind the spokes and with some strong wheel soap and using those wheel woolies I was able to get it near spotless. Well worth the $40 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L3K...7QHFR70KZ1R0XZ

Yes I do still stalk the G forums when I'm bored.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:35 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ttv36
I haven't measured them, but I believe you are correct.

Yup that's Robbie's car from Japan Auction Parts. I met him up when I was in Osaka just recently, they were so nice to us they even threw an impromptu car meet together!

We are still editing our pictures, but here are a few quick edits I did.

What brand cell phone holder do you have? Any links would be great..
Old 12-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
I've use these wheel woolies on my GS since I bought it and have come to the conclusion they're the best thing to use to clean the back of the wheel (behind the spokes). I washed my mom's Passat when she first got it and it had 38,000mi worth of crud behind the spokes and with some strong wheel soap and using those wheel woolies I was able to get it near spotless. Well worth the $40 on Amazon.

Wheel Woolies - The Spoke Back Woolie.mov - YouTube

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L3K...7QHFR70KZ1R0XZ

Yes I do still stalk the G forums when I'm bored.
That's awesome, thanks for the link Kirk! I'll be getting a set of those for sure !
Old 12-05-2015, 11:06 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

So today I saw something that made me want to punch a wall...
https://www.change.org/p/the-honorab...share_petition

Ontario is trying to push the OEM or ILLEGAL law into effect....
Old 12-05-2015, 11:18 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Just purchased my OEM decklid spoiler for $186 shipped along with my TopSpeed Pro exhaust with beveled tips. I can't wait to have them installed.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:18 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
So today I saw something that made me want to punch a wall...
https://www.change.org/p/the-honorab...share_petition

Ontario is trying to push the OEM or ILLEGAL law into effect....
Damn, that is like 90 pages of stuff, seems like most of it is obvious safety concerns. Didn't go through it but does it make any alterations to OEM specs against the law?
And how often does your vehicle get inspected? Seems like a lot of work for the govt. and associated agencies.
Would really be a shame if everyone just has to drive factory clones country wide, but at least you can play online poker legally
Old 12-05-2015, 11:33 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by blnewt
Damn, that is like 90 pages of stuff, seems like most of it is obvious safety concerns. Didn't go through it but does it make any alterations to OEM specs against the law?
And how often does your vehicle get inspected? Seems like a lot of work for the govt. and associated agencies.
Would really be a shame if everyone just has to drive factory clones country wide, but at least you can play online poker legally
Its the exact copy of the law they put into play in Quebec.
It targets all modifications. If you have aftermarket wheels, a cop can pull you over. If you have a loud sounding exhaust that doesnt seem like it was factory made, basically any aftermarket exhaust, its a reason for the cop to pull you over. Window tints will become illegal. Body kits, spoilers, anything cosmetic. The list is very long, and a lot of the points in the law are very vague. This will also completely kill the car related businesses in Ontario. In Quebec, a lot of garages were forced to close or become oil change/maintenance shops. Wheel shops had to close, it was a disaster.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:34 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 234 Posts
Its the exact copy of the law they put into play in Quebec.
It targets all modifications. If you have aftermarket wheels, a cop can pull you over. If you have a loud sounding exhaust that doesnt seem like it was factory made, basically any aftermarket exhaust, its a reason for the cop to pull you over. Window tints will become illegal. Body kits, spoilers, anything cosmetic.
That's how it was when I was in Okinawa, Japan. So all the skylines and supras I saw were stock.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:53 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Well, the petition got its target 2500 signatures in less than 20 hours. Lets see where this goes.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:59 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by gman69
What brand cell phone holder do you have? Any links would be great..
He bought the cell phone holder at a motorcycle store in Japan and modded it to fit. I imagine he could get you one and ship it if you asked though I'm not sure it's "reverse able" he can be contacted at Japan Auction Parts .com
Old 12-06-2015, 09:12 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
So...Flew up to surprise my sister for her 50th Birthday in Lynn MA and let me tell you. I feel SORRY for who ever lives up north. The roads thru downtown Boston, Lynn and Salem SUCK! I felt so bad for the crappy Chrysler 200 I was driving. I cannot image what some of you guys have to drive thru day in and day out. The holes, uneven surface's, man holes jeez! If I lived up North I would drive a pick up truck or a nice SUV. Saw a few G37x's and they where all stock.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:16 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

The salt destroys our roads and cars in the winter, and in the summer we suffer through constant road construction. Driving on 20" wheels is like grinding your *** on the pavement. Hitting unexpected potholes makes you yell out things you didnt know were in you.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:19 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
The salt destroys our roads and cars in the winter, and in the summer we suffer through constant road construction. Driving on 20" wheels is like grinding your *** on the pavement. Hitting unexpected potholes makes you yell out things you didnt know were in you.
Haha... Honestly you guys are a special breed to drive lowered modded cars in the NE.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
Haha... Honestly you guys are a special breed to drive lowered modded cars in the NE.
Well, in the wintertime Im on my stock 17"s with winter tires, so it makes it a lot better. Going to be my first winter lowered though.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread