G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
qmantran, just yesterday your eyes popped when I told you how much money I paid into having a full FI exhaust. It seems you're experiencing some sticker shock as you look into mods.

It's kind of funny, no offense. Just smiling watching you do it again.
The following users liked this post:
qmantran (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
qmantran, just yesterday your eyes popped when I told you how much money I paid into having a full FI exhaust. It seems you're experiencing some sticker shock as you look into mods.

It's kind of funny, no offense. Just smiling watching you do it again.
It's hard when one has good taste and a keen eye...

Sean
Old 11-02-2015, 05:15 PM
drewfinity

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
Anyone ever ordered MOOG swar bar end links before? I just received them today and wanted to know if they come pre greased from the factory? I can see that there is some resemblance of some grease but not sure if its ready for installation. Should i just buy a grease gun and see if i can add more grease?
When in doubt, grease.

Seems to me when I got mine there was a light coat of machine oil to prevent corrosion, but not any grease grease. I didn't install them myself though.
doublea88 (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 07:11 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
2GoRNot2G i looked up the prices for the access evolution rear diffuser and it appears to be $1,000-$1,800.

Is that true???????????????
Yup, Bulleproof seems to have the best price I've found. Outside of Japan anyway but then with shipping it cranks up again.
Maybe next year....
Old 11-02-2015, 07:52 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by drewfinity
When in doubt, grease.

Seems to me when I got mine there was a light coat of machine oil to prevent corrosion, but not any grease grease. I didn't install them myself though.
I figured they might have put some sort of oil/grease just to protect them while they are being shipped. I have bought a grease gun and some royal purple grease to make sure they are greased to ensure they last more then a day. Thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 08:28 PM
MikeMorteo

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So excited for tomorrow. I am dropping my G on H&R springs and putting on my stoptech cross drilled and slotted rotors and Centric ceramic pads. Going to be a long but good day.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:33 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeMorteo
So excited for tomorrow. I am dropping my G on H&R springs and putting on my stoptech cross drilled and slotted rotors and Centric ceramic pads. Going to be a long but good day.
Take some before and after pics, in the same location of the drop.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G

Very observant... you are correct, the way the Tail-as-Turn modules is intended to be wired is to only flash the external outside rings, but I intentionally left the factory turn signal bulb connected as well. I have the JDM taillights, so those turn signals are amber and I wanted them to continue to flash along with the outer rings. I'm still not convinced I'll leave it that way, but first I need to change the factory incandescent turn signal bulbs to LED bulbs, so that way they will all flash simultaneously and I can see how it looks that way first.!
Yes sir, I am very observant when it comes to lights, I'm a headlight/taillight junkie I do think indeed they will look much better with the LED amber bulbs in there , I actually dig that a lot, the fact that the OEM turn signal ( in this case amber) goes on together with the flashing rings, just need that LED upgrade and it'll look even nicer!

Thanks for the compliments! Quad tips was the plan all along when I originally picked up the Access Evolution Rear diffuser. I got tired up dragging those big Tanabe tips every time I exited my office complex parking lot, so the quad tips was my fix for that. Nah, I never even thought about raising the car up instead. LOL. The LED marker lights are just a bonus with the Access Evolution diffuser. I think along with the molded rear trunk spoiler and widened rear fenders, it all really transforms the look of the rear end of the car. I have so many people looking for badging and asking me what kind of car it is now.
Ahh I always wanted the quad tips long before I even started modding my G but then my Autokits X CF diffuser was already on the way and I kinda gave up on the idea altogether, plus I didn't really know my options at the time and cutting a bigger hole in the bumper was definitely not one of them... I didn't know about the access evolution diffuser, and even though I have been familiar with it for a while now, I know it is very expensive, and I'm not sure if I would want to spend that much money on one, nonetheless that being said it looks incredibly good, and definitely changes up the rear end of the car especially with the quad tips... these are definitely two things I would like to get sooner or later perhaps.

What I don't know about the access evolution diffuser is that, whether it's for 2010+ rear bumper or for the old bumper on 07-08 or 09 bumpers?

Can't wait to see your new taillights. Show mode?!?! I like the sound of that... Now I'm really curious to see what you've done with them!
I know I've been taking long with the video, been quite busy and I was trying to upload the video to youtube all day yesterday I believe and for some reason it wouldn't go through on my phone... but I finally connected my phone to my PC and voila !

Video quality perhaps could've been better, or maybe not with those even stronger LEDs all replaced when this was being done plus recording at night doesn't make it any easier, there will always be that glare, BUT

Here it is

Show mode video

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-02-2015 at 10:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mik3G37S:
blnewt (11-02-2015), VIVID (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 10:35 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Nice Mike!!!

That is cool. Kinda memorizing. Kinda peaceful...I don't know...just cool...

Now I know where to go with all my lighting inquiries.

Sean
Mik3G37S (11-02-2015)
Old 11-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by VIVID
Nice Mike!!!

That is cool. Kinda memorizing. Kinda peaceful...I don't know...just cool...

Now I know where to go with all my lighting inquiries.

Sean
haha, thank you Sean ! definitely a head turner or a neck breaker if some prefer to call it that way I've had people stare at my taillights when using my sequential turn signal and such, or I had a honda owner secretly recording the sequential turn signal along with the other functions

I'm.. just a Junkie... light junkie. haha
Old 11-02-2015, 11:17 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow Mike G37 can we get some more info on those sequential tails??

Or is that confidential information lol.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Mik3G37S

G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by qmantran
Wow Mike G37 can we get some more info on those sequential tails??

Or is that confidential information lol.
Yeah you could I guess, if you promise to come up with your own ideas of the sequences haha

The guy who did these taillights for me, is on facebook and I could put you in touch with him if you really wanted, just shoot me a PM
Old 11-02-2015, 11:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Mike, I can only imagine what your house looks like at Christmas time
Awesome light show, that show mode is a trip.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Mike, I can only imagine what your house looks like at Christmas time
Awesome light show, that show mode is a trip.
Hahaha the Christmas tree doesn't even come close to this thank you Brad!
Old 11-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Those tails are crazy, Mike. I don't get it, but in this case I don't have to in order to be impressed. And that's pretty impressive.

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I'm.. just a Junkie... light junkie. haha
Yep. You're the lighting King in our little kingdom. Hands down.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread