G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:23 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I kept the stock end links when the eibach sways got installed. Going on 4 years now without issues/noise. I guess it depends how you have them adjusted and how aggressively you drive.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:27 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Both front and rear went out? I got my hotchkis with Whiteline rear endlinks. Fronts still stock and they're good
Just the front right, what setting do you have the front on? I have mine on the 2nd one which i think is more agressive?

Originally Posted by Jsolo
I kept the stock end links when the eibach sways got installed. Going on 4 years now without issues/noise. I guess it depends how you have them adjusted and how aggressively you drive.
Might see if i can get a pair of OEM front links and set my bar to the least aggressive setting. Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 02:46 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
Just the front right, what setting do you have the front on? I have mine on the 2nd one which i think is more agressive?

Might see if i can get a pair of OEM front links and set my bar to the least aggressive setting. Thanks
The MOOG are the OEM. However, There's a discussion in the tech section about the replacement MOOGs and how they are more stout than the OEM and the price was attractive.

MoonFace, I hear, are good replacements for the fronts...

Sean
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
For those of you that upgraded their sway bars, what end links did you upgrade too? My oem end links went bad a week after installing my hotchkis and made such an annoying sound when going over small bumps below 25mph. Please let me know what you guys used. Saw some MOOG brand but looked similar to stock and don't know if it will actually hold up. Thanks
like others have said, MOOG would be a good replacement over OEM. If you're lowered or plan on lowering your ride, it might be good to get adjustable endlinks. I haven't installed my Eibach sway yet, but when I do, I'll be using Whiteline adjustable end links....will also lower my car at that time as well.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:58 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Actually the discussion was here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...37x-sedan.html

Sean
The following users liked this post:
doublea88 (10-28-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 04:20 PM
drewfinity

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
Actually the discussion was here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...37x-sedan.html

Sean
Also this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ing-noise.html
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 04:29 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by drewfinity
THAT'S the one I was looking for Drew!!! Thanks.

Sean
Old 10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by CPJ LB
like others have said, MOOG would be a good replacement over OEM. If you're lowered or plan on lowering your ride, it might be good to get adjustable endlinks. I haven't installed my Eibach sway yet, but when I do, I'll be using Whiteline adjustable end links....will also lower my car at that time as well.
Have you found whitelines that will fit the front of an X? If so please post the part number.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:11 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Have you found whitelines that will fit the front of an X? If so please post the part number.
Good luck with that!!! I've pretty much given up the search for end links for an X. When mine go, I'll probably go with some MOOGs.

I thought MoonFace, since they are very adjustable might work, but I can't get any concrete confirmation. And I believe SPL is out too. Don't know what's left.

Sean
Old 10-30-2015, 05:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Just like the new Maxima 4DSC **** customized for the 7AT G37, the GTR **** as a component unto itself looks gorgeous. Just something not quite right when retrofitted to the G. I think it would look better (to me), if the leather boot were flush with the bottom of the ****.

And since opinions are like cottonwood seeds, I'll share this one too: I'm not digging the wide stitching pattern on the boot. It seems overly fat and unnecessary. But obviously you selected that pattern on purpose. Are you happy with it?

I was actually considering the 4DSC **** from the Maxima as well, but was able to swing a decent deal on a brand new 2016 GT-R **** so I went that route instead.

I think the top fitment of the boot will look at little better once I tighten everything up, but funny you should mention the stitching. I originally picked that stitching pattern to match the stitching on my steering wheel, so I actually had to send Mike at Redline a picture of the stitching on my steering wheel and he did a great job of matching it in both size and type. However, after installing the boot I am in agreement with you and feel that stitching pattern is a little too "bulky" for the boot, plus you really can't even see the steering wheel stitching at the same time as the boot stitching... leave it to me to overthink stitching! In retrospect I should have first picked out my shift **** and then had the stitching on the boot done to match the ****. Oh well, live and learn... I'll probably order something different next time I change my **** anyway. LOL
Old 10-30-2015, 05:42 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I finally got around to having the Redline arm rest cover modified and installed. It looks nice now, but took some work. Plan on paying a reputable leather shop to do this unless you are good with sewing, stretching leather, and gluing and stapling it. Maybe mine was just a fluke, but it definitely did not fit right.
Wow! That turned out great!! Props for making sure you got it right the first time rather than jumping the gun and installing it when the fitment wasn't right. This might just make me pull the trigger on a new arm rest cover from Redline! Can I ask what was wrong with the original fitment? Was it just too large for a tight fit when you originally received it? If we know what needs to be changed ahead of time then we can just order it that way... I've found that I measure everything and send Mike at Redline the custom measurements rather than buying their "standard" product. He usually charges $10 extra for the customization, but the final product fitment turns out to be much better in the end.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:17 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I'm not sure, but I can tell you that our new Stratasys 3D printer uses a proprietary material that costs around $2,000~ per pound lol.

So if our mechanical engineer is going to develop custom brackets, we want to make sure there's enough people interested.

We've been gearing up for SEMA the past few months, so once that's over and things slow down a bit, we may be able to look into it.

Nick C.

You guys have a booth at SEMA this year, Nick? I plan to be there at least Thursday and Friday, so I will stop by and say, "Hi".

FYI... Finally got my Tail-as-Turn modules installed last weekend. I ended up leaving the factory turn signal bulbs in-line, since I have the JDM tails and like the amber turn signals, but I do need to change the bulbs to LED's so they will flash insync with the rest of the bulbs.
http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/...psoefrcq2d.mp4
http://vid71.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1uce9bz.mp4

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 10-30-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added video links.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
However, after installing the boot I am in agreement with you and feel that stitching pattern is a little too "bulky" for the boot
Aw, sorry to bring that up. It seems we share some similar values on what does or doesn't look right. Which is why we're here, I suppose.

I'm going to order the $15 pack of sample leather swatches from Redline, to see what looks right with my Stone Leather interior. If one of them is a *go*, then I'll probably replace my boot too around Xmas. I really, really like what 4DRZ did here with the boot and his armrest.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Props for making sure you got it right the first time rather than jumping the gun and installing it when the fitment wasn't right.
Ouch. Was that directed to RexHavoc?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:26 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Ouch. Was that directed to RexHavoc?

That was meant to be directed to 4DRZ and only him. I wasn't even considering what RexHavoc had done. I just know too many people that will take in on themselves to try and modify something in a rush that doesn't fit right, myself included, and really end up screwing it up.. just because your excited to get your new part/mod installed. I've since learned to take my time with the installations and make sure I get them right and I was simply complimenting 4DRZ for doing the same. Hope I didn't make anyone feel I was directing that towards them.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread