Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 AM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Shoot an email with the details to: contact@diodedynamics.com

I'll talk to our team in the product development meeting and bring this up

Our owner's wife has a G37 Sedan, so maybe we could use that for measurements and so forth.

Nick C.
Count me in if you can make an option for yellow fog lights....
Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
My FI exhaust has always sounded like crap when the car is cold. Soon as it warms up, everything is fine. And I'm sure everyone with an aftermarket exhaust on their G would say the same thing. Heck, even without the loud exhaust, the G sounds like a diesel when it's running cold.

However, this is my first turn of the seasons with the FI exhaust. And now that it's getting colder here in the Northeast, I'm becoming increasingly aware of how it sounds in the cold weather, also when the car is cold.

It's not good, and I'm dreading deep Winter. So many rattles and odd noises moving throughout the car, I feel really self-conscious pulling the car out of the garage, like I'm shaking a can of nails.

Of course, once it warms up, all is right with the world.

/rant
Old 10-28-2015, 10:22 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
My FI exhaust has always sounded like crap when the car is cold. Soon as it warms up, everything is fine. And I'm sure everyone with an aftermarket exhaust on their G would say the same thing. Heck, even without the loud exhaust, the G sounds like a diesel when it's running cold.

However, this is my first turn of the seasons with the FI exhaust. And now that it's getting colder here in the Northeast, I'm becoming increasingly aware of how it sounds in the cold weather, also when the car is cold.

It's not good, and I'm dreading deep Winter. So many rattles and odd noises moving throughout the car, I feel really self-conscious pulling the car out of the garage, like I'm shaking a can of nails.

Of course, once it warms up, all is right with the world.

/rant
This is strange. My Stillen exhaust has a nice deep rumble to it once I first start it. I am almost disappointed by how quiet it becomes once it warms up. This might change once I finally get the high flow cats on and pick up some headers.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:27 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I finally got around to having the Redline arm rest cover modified and installed. It looks nice now, but took some work. Plan on paying a reputable leather shop to do this unless you are good with sewing, stretching leather, and gluing and stapling it. Maybe mine was just a fluke, but it definitely did not fit right.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:29 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Yep. I agree. I haven't had the exhaust long...but long enough that I notice a distinct difference on a cold morning vs. a mild morning. Kinda wakes me up.

Oh, and I got a bunch of bananas delivered this AM. How nice...

Sean
Old 10-28-2015, 10:38 AM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID

[IMG]brightyellowcalipers.jpg[/IMG]

Sean
I initially thought, "Wow, cool! That's different." Then I remembered you're red. Not worried it will have a Ronald McDonald theme?
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
This is strange. My Stillen exhaust has a nice deep rumble to it once I first start it. I am almost disappointed by how quiet it becomes once it warms up. This might change once I finally get the high flow cats on and pick up some headers.
Yep. I agree. I haven't had the exhaust long...but long enough that I notice a distinct difference on a cold morning vs. a mild morning. Kinda wakes me up.
The FI exhaust has no flex section.

I suspect it is what it is when temps get cold. I'm just going to have to get used to it, and re-assess the exhaust fitment next Spring, to see how it fared after a year's use, including a northeast winter.
VIVID (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nelledge
I initially thought, "Wow, cool! That's different." Then I remembered you're red. Not worried it will have a Ronald McDonald theme?
Wow. That was my exact reaction, too. Right down to the Micky D's.

I've been wanting a particular yellow for my calipers, but my car is Moonlight White.

Sean, what color is that? I'm not seeing any metallic in that paint, just gloss.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Wow, those look great. Where did you have them done? Powdercoated?

Sean
VIVID (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by nelledge

Only when I wear my red fright wig. Actually, they're a lighter yellow in person. Not so yolky.

Sean

Last edited by VIVID; 10-28-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

I've been wanting a particular yellow for my calipers, but my car is Moonlight White.

Sean, what color is that? I'm not seeing any metallic in that paint, just gloss.
Yellow would look good on your MW, here's Tony's MW beast for reference, or Teal would also look good on a MW
Attached Thumbnails Sedan Chat Thread-maxresdefault.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

(I should've done multi quote on my last post so I'm not wh*rin' it up)

Anyhow, you are correct no metallic. Just thick durable paint. I like 'em. We'll see once I get them installed. As you know I'm not afraid to change something I don't like.

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Wow, those look great. Where did you have them done? Powdercoated?
Thanks. ONEighty NYC was kind enough to help me out with them. They only paint...no powdercoat on the calipers.

Sean
Old 10-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yellow would look good on your MW, here's Tony's MW beast for reference, or Teal would also look good on a MW
Yep. Tony is using a color from the original Acura NSX, called Rio Yellow Pearl. Although the pic you attached looks more gold than otherwise, it's actually a softer yellow metallic flake. That's the color I got stuck on the first time I saw it in his car pics. Still my #1 choice whenever the day comes that I go there.

Sean, you get props for putting the BBK on your AWD Sedan, painted no less. That's impressive.

I should've done multi quote on my last post so I'm not wh*rin' it up
Are you kidding? It's just a chat thread, and I've whored the heck out of it these past few years. Have at it.
VIVID (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 02:17 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
For those of you that upgraded their sway bars, what end links did you upgrade too? My oem end links went bad a week after installing my hotchkis and made such an annoying sound when going over small bumps below 25mph. Please let me know what you guys used. Saw some MOOG brand but looked similar to stock and don't know if it will actually hold up. Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by doublea88
For those of you that upgraded their sway bars, what end links did you upgrade too? My oem end links went bad a week after installing my hotchkis and made such an annoying sound when going over small bumps below 25mph. Please let me know what you guys used. Saw some MOOG brand but looked similar to stock and don't know if it will actually hold up. Thanks
Both front and rear went out? I got my hotchkis with Whiteline rear endlinks. Fronts still stock and they're good

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread