G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
How long do you intend to have your car?

Set up a schedule, work in a budget, and plan out your mods over that period.
I always plan to keep my cars a long time, but then something new and shiny shows up and I change my mind. I know I need to pace myself with the mods otherwise I get bored and get a different car. Bad habit, I know, but a hell of a fun one! I always promised myself I would never drive a boring car. So far, so good.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:31 AM
PG-v36_6MT

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Good news! I found my missing hex key. Bad news, it's embedded into my f*cking sidewall.

And to add insult to injury, it was scraping against my fender on dips and bumps, so there are now parts of my fender that are all chipped.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Crap, that's kind of a buzzkill for your weekend ^^^^
Old 10-24-2015, 01:37 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
PG-v36_6MT, too bad you can't plug it. Hard to tell but looks like the tire has a fair amount of tread remaining.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:34 PM
PG-v36_6MT

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
PG-v36_6MT, too bad you can't plug it. Hard to tell but looks like the tire has a fair amount of tread remaining.
Yeah, these tires only have 5k+ miles on them. Fortunately, I bought these from Tire Rack with their Road Hazard warranty, so I'm getting a free replacement (reimbursed for cost of replacement).
Old 10-25-2015, 02:05 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Im so excited, look what came today!!!
Sedan Chat Thread-vhqkyte.jpg

Im fishing for opinions. Winter is just around the corner, I have at best 1-2 months of snow free weather. Once the snow hits, Im taking my 20" wheels off and putting my stock wheels back on (with winter tires on them). Is it worth it putting the springs on now and then hope I dont bottom out in the snow? (its only 1.3" front and 1" rear drop) or just wait till spring? (I know coilovers would fix this dilemma, but cant do that with my current budget just yet).
Old 10-25-2015, 07:24 PM
faizan37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Help in regards to g37 sedan with mods.

Hey can anyone help me? i purchased a Ark Performance Exhaust and Berk HFC and the end result was pretty good but alot of rasp and drone. i am just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how i can possibly get rid of the rasp? replace it with RHFC? Also while the installation was being processed the Sensor had been messed up thus concluding in Engine Light to ignite. He had to weld the Catalytic Converter's bolt off due to the fact it wasnt coming off someone told me it might be the Header Sensor that needs replacement. Any idea guys? i would really appreciate any feedback. Thank You Guys
Old 10-25-2015, 07:41 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by faizan37x
Hey can anyone help me? i purchased a Ark Performance Exhaust and Berk HFC and the end result was pretty good but alot of rasp and drone. i am just wondering if anyone has suggestions on how i can possibly get rid of the rasp? replace it with RHFC? Also while the installation was being processed the Sensor had been messed up thus concluding in Engine Light to ignite. He had to weld the Catalytic Converter's bolt off due to the fact it wasnt coming off someone told me it might be the Header Sensor that needs replacement. Any idea guys? i would really appreciate any feedback. Thank You Guys
Mixing and matching different brands of exhaust components is not guaranteed to get rid of the rasp. If you're going to fork over that much cash on the FI RHFC. I'd go with ARK resonated test pipes if you are 6MT or their RHFC, I believe they make.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:54 PM
faizan37x

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
Mixing and matching different brands of exhaust components is not guaranteed to get rid of the rasp. If you're going to fork over that much cash on the FI RHFC. I'd go with ARK resonated test pipes if you are 6MT or their RHFC, I believe they make.
Do you think i should get the FI RHFC or ARK R spec HFC? i believe the Ark R spec HFC wouldnt help as much as the FI RHFC what do you say man? i also have a KNN Intake in the car. Also wouldnt the test pipes cause Engine Light and also cause the smell to increase?

Last edited by faizan37x; 10-25-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by hexotic
Im so excited, look what came today!!!
Im fishing for opinions. Winter is just around the corner, I have at best 1-2 months of snow free weather. Once the snow hits, Im taking my 20" wheels off and putting my stock wheels back on (with winter tires on them). Is it worth it putting the springs on now and then hope I dont bottom out in the snow? (its only 1.3" front and 1" rear drop) or just wait till spring? (I know coilovers would fix this dilemma, but cant do that with my current budget just yet).
Do you have any other vehicles you can use if the snow gets too deep? If so then I'd install them, wait a week, get it aligned then just run them. If that G is all you have to get you through then you might want to wait, although it sounds like you're committed to running them year 'round so
Old 10-25-2015, 08:54 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Do you have any other vehicles you can use if the snow gets too deep? If so then I'd install them, wait a week, get it aligned then just run them. If that G is all you have to get you through then you might want to wait, although it sounds like you're committed to running them year 'round so
I can use my dads q50 from time to time, but not on a reliable basis. I have big plans for next spring, bbk, intake, full exhaust, sway bar, and somewhere on that list are coilovers. Its having your cake and eating it too lol. I really want my baby to look beautiful, but I just dont know. The roads I travel are highly used, and snow is cleared right away. I work in a really laid back office, so if Im late or dont show up because of really bad snow, no one will care. (look at me talking myself into it.....) I have to wait a week before I can get these installed, unfortunately dont have anywhere I could work on it myself, so Ill sit on it... This is killing me lol.... Im probably going to just do it, its only an inch drop.

Im the type of person that says ill wait till next year to spend 2 grand on something then go and buy it the next day.... this car.... it has an effect on me, I cant deny it anything lol
Old 10-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Last year was a brutal winter, and even though I don't dive the car much anyway, I still drove it through the winter (with snow tires). It was lowered on Swift Springs, and I never felt that winter driving was further compromised by the ride height.

I did just road trip to Boston and back this weekend, which is kind of a shock to the system putting 1000 miles on the car all at once.

Im the type of person that says ill wait till next year to spend 2 grand on something then go and buy it the next day.
You'll get over that in a few decades. Until then, good luck.
The following users liked this post:
hexotic (10-25-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 01:17 AM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by faizan37x
Do you think i should get the FI RHFC or ARK R spec HFC? i believe the Ark R spec HFC wouldnt help as much as the FI RHFC what do you say man? i also have a KNN Intake in the car. Also wouldnt the test pipes cause Engine Light and also cause the smell to increase?
The fact that your name ends in 37x makes me think Ark RHFCs won't work on your car. They don't fit on X models.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:56 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
So thinking about raising the cars ride height. The car was pretty loaded yesterday with trips to BJ's Wholesale, Sam's and the supermarket. The wife and kids gave me a few "WTH?" looks while driving around. SMH...
Old 10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

I can use my dads q50 from time to time, but not on a reliable basis. I have big plans for next spring, bbk, intake, full exhaust, sway bar, and somewhere on that list are coilovers. Its having your cake and eating it too lol. I really want my baby to look beautiful, but I just dont know. The roads I travel are highly used, and snow is cleared right away. I work in a really laid back office, so if Im late or dont show up because of really bad snow, no one will care. (look at me talking myself into it.....) I have to wait a week before I can get these installed, unfortunately dont have anywhere I could work on it myself, so Ill sit on it... This is killing me lol.... Im probably going to just do it, its only an inch drop.

Im the type of person that says ill wait till next year to spend 2 grand on something then go and buy it the next day.... this car.... it has an effect on me, I cant deny it anything lol
If you have big plans that are only 6 months away (give or take) and that may include coilovers, might just get through winter then go crazy
You could sell the Swift springs as new and use the cash for something else. But hey, it's your G and sounds like you're wanting to do something to your car now

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread