G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I was thinking about that. I haven't really decided what to do with it but I grabbed it so I have it until I do. I need to redo / rethink the trunk area and rear of the car. The diffuser shifted so I need to pull that off and remount that.

I'm still on the fence about the skyline lettering especially with the new grille emblem that I'll have shortly. I suppose a "hybrid" would be okay for awhile. I also picked up a funky "nismo" badge I have to decide whether to mount.
I feel your angst about this consideration, Chris. You know that I've been giving way too much thought to the trunk, too. Thinking about a way to make the back end unique, without being stupid. I actually think the signature would look better in vinyl rather than raised, rounded chrome. Also, that's quite a significant statement to make, when all it represents is a shift ****.

Personally, I see no problem with seeing SKYLINE on the trunk, but by itself, without a corresponding branding symbol.

New grille emblem... are you putting the burger on the grille? Or are you doing something custom?
Old 09-26-2015, 12:02 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I feel your angst about this consideration, Chris. You know that I've been giving way too much thought to the trunk, too. Thinking about a way to make the back end unique, without being stupid. I actually think the signature would look better in vinyl rather than raised, rounded chrome. Also, that's quite a significant statement to make, when all it represents is a shift ****.

Personally, I see no problem with seeing SKYLINE on the trunk, but by itself, without a corresponding branding symbol.

New grille emblem... are you putting the burger on the grille? Or are you doing something custom?
I could get vinyl cut I'm sure. You're right though, all I have right now is the shift ****. If I had a TK body kit that would be much different. I was going to get an engine cover but that is only a glue on so I passed on that so far. I may have a different plan though.

I would pass on the burger in the rear for sure. A simple skyline would be what I envision.

No burger on the front. My original plan was to go with an emblemless grille but I'm holding off for now and going with a mesh grille with a reflective Fuji.

The burger doesn't fit given the other fujis around the car... I doubt I'll find a TK clock so,unless I go jdm sort of stuck.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

If I had a TK body kit that would be much different.
In that case, I totally agree. You could pull off the signature on the trunk in a way that's far more appropriate.

I would pass on the burger in the rear for sure. A simple skyline would be what I envision.
Good. Yes, agreed again.

No burger on the front. My original plan was to go with an emblemless grille but I'm holding off for now and going with a mesh grille with a reflective Fuji.
Are you thinking of doing what STownSaint did? This is really nice, with or without the oversized Fuji.

Here's a picture of his car, parked in the world's smallest garage ever built.

Name:  grilleemblem02_zps6bf5adf2.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  48.6 KB

Last edited by Rochester; 09-26-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:39 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Ok so this morning I decided to drop the front of the car 2 full turns on the Tein's on each side. I ended up lowering 1/4 of an inch. Heres the kicker! The ride is actually smoother! Mind BLOWN!!!

Also I have a gripe of sorts. What is the obsession with making ones car "female"? Does this hark back to the old Navy times where ships where named after women? I have always seen my cars as my best friend. When you get back to your car after a long hard bike ride there is your best boy waiting for you with cold AC. He is always has your back. Always ready to just cruise or go ***** to the wall. My car is my best friend. He is always looking out for my family when we are all in the car. And when the wife is out in the car I always ask that he takes care of her and he always make sure that he rather go out like a champ while protecting his family. Above all my car is no "Bitch".

Last edited by xpcgamer; 09-26-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:56 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by xpcgamer

Also I have a gripe of sorts. What is the obsession with making ones car "female"? Does this hark back to the old Navy times where ships where named after women? I have always seen my cars as my best friend. When you get back to your car after a long hard bike ride there is your best boy waiting for you with cold AC. He is always has your back. Always ready to just cruise or go ***** to the wall. My car is my best friend. He is always looking out for my family when we are all in the car. And when the wife is out in the car I always ask that he takes care of her and he always make sure that he rather go out like a champ while protecting his family. Above all my car is no "Bitch".
Name:  mark-wahlberg-shocked-gif.gif
Views: 55
Size:  1.07 MB
Attached Images
File Type: gif
mark-wahlberg-shocked-gif.gif (1.07 MB, 57 views)
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 01:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Ok so this morning I decided to drop the front of the car 2 full turns on the Tein's on each side. I ended up lowering 1/4 of an inch. Heres the kicker! The ride is actually smoother! Mind BLOWN!!!

Lol^^^
I wouldn't get too worked up over your cars' gender

xpc, glad you're liking those coils, post up some pics of your bad as$ dudes' new stance
Old 09-26-2015, 02:24 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
In that case, I totally agree. You could pull off the signature on the trunk in a way that's far more appropriate.

Good. Yes, agreed again.

Are you thinking of doing what STownSaint did? This is really nice, with or without the oversized Fuji.

Here's a picture of his car, parked in the world's smallest garage ever built.

For the most part yes. The frame will be CF and the Fuji black reflective. I'm trying to find some pics of it but failing...
Old 09-26-2015, 04:01 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Had to play the automobile "shuffle" as my parents are in town he is normally in the garage. Here he is after the front was lowered another 1/4" on an inch.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here he is before I lowered it more.

[IMG][/IMG]

Waiting for the AFE CAI to come so I can add some growl to it.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:09 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
How much lower can you go on the rears and front XPC?
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
My car drives perfectly fine when there's nice weather but when it rains the steering wheel shakes... a lot. could it be the water is throwing my wheels out of balance? it gets real bad 70+ mph
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

I can honestly say I still have about 1 1/5" or more of threads still under the collars.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:27 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
My car drives perfectly fine when there's nice weather but when it rains the steering wheel shakes... a lot. could it be the water is throwing my wheels out of balance? it gets real bad 70+ mph
I can tell you the issue I found with my wheels is that after they where refinished there was a lot of material left on the lug nut seats. The lugs would not seat properly. Also the hub area also have paint in it. After I cleaned it off a bit that stopped my 70 plus shake. I can't imagine water making your car shake unless maybe your hydroplaning?
Old 09-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I can honestly say I still have about 1 1/5" or more of threads still under the collars.
Easily. There's a lot of room to lower on the Tein Basis.

Car looks great, man. Really good work you've done there on fitment.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:54 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
XPC - Is that bat's gloss black rear vinyl?

I got the RJM installed today. In short, yes definitely 1st mod for any 6MT owner. Even if you get a good deal on an Invidia catback,R2C intake, or 370Z Rays. Skip it and go straight to this 1st!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by MaQG37
XPC - Is that bat's gloss black rear vinyl?

I got the RJM installed today. In short, yes definitely 1st mod for any 6MT owner. Even if you get a good deal on an Invidia catback,R2C intake, or 370Z Rays. Skip it and go straight to this 1st!
If you only ever do one mod... well, I'd still say sways. LOL

But if you only ever do two mods to your 6MT, then yes, absolutely.

Congrats, MaQG37

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread