G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Driving from stoplight to stoplight this afternoon, a Camry pulled up along side of me, and this guy (an equally old white dude, LOL) was gesturing for my attention. In this thick, Eastern European accent, he asked me: "I have Supra in garage and I've been looking for exhaust. What exhaust is that? I want my Supra to sound like you."

So that was fun. Hahaha
Old 09-22-2015, 02:27 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Driving from stoplight to stoplight this afternoon, a Camry pulled up along side of me, and this guy (an equally old white dude, LOL) was gesturing for my attention. In this thick, Eastern European accent, he asked me: "I have Supra in garage and I've been looking for exhaust. What exhaust is that? I want my Supra to sound like you."

So that was fun. Hahaha

Great to hear!!! That sound speaks every language.

Sean
Old 09-22-2015, 05:55 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I wanna know if anyone else has this issue in their sedan. When coming to a quick/hard stop I feel my seat shift a tiny bit. Won't do it under normal braking but braking hard to a stop you definitely fell it. I am out of my Bumper to Bumper so I think whatever it is I'm gonna be outta pocket. Think it may just be the seat tracks?

Found this but nobody ever got back with a solution.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...d-braking.html

Last edited by xpcgamer; 09-22-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:53 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
installing the RJM pedal this weekend - very excited.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:53 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Too funny.

Tein Basis springs & shocks are installed in the rear, with a SPC Camber & Toe kit. All four corners are now exactly 26 3/4" floor to fender, and the rears are at a very appealing looking -2.2* and -2.3* camber.

Front CO's are sitting in my attic, awaiting a future install. In the meantime, I'm content with the Swift Springs in the front. Ride quality is excellent, virtually identical to the Swift springs and OEM sport shocks... that are still on the front, which might have something to do with that, LOL.

Favorite pic:

I am also considering Tein Basis coilovers for mainly street/occasional track days. Do you really think they ride similarly to stock on the street, even with the sway bars? That would be great as every coilover I have had in the past was terrible on the street. I am not familiar with the camber/toe kit you have. Did you get that mainly to increase the rear camber? Thanks!

Last edited by 4DRZ; 09-23-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Do you really think they ride similarly to stock on the street, even with the sway bars?
Similar to the RWD Sport suspension, yes. Absolutely.

Keep in mind, I have a somewhat hybrid setup, with Tein springs & shocks in the rear, but Swift springs and OEM sport shocks in the front.

I am not familiar with the camber/toe kit you have. Did you get that mainly to increase the rear camber?
Yes. Because of the aggressive offset on these rear Vossens, I wanted a very specific camber setting. After nailing down the height I wanted in the rear, the camber arms allowed the alignment technician to configure it exactly the way I wanted.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:53 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Similar to the RWD Sport suspension, yes. Absolutely.

Keep in mind, I have a somewhat hybrid setup, with Tein springs & shocks in the rear, but Swift springs and OEM sport shocks in the front.

Yes. Because of the aggressive offset on these rear Vossens, I wanted a very specific camber setting. After nailing down the height I wanted in the rear, the camber arms allowed the alignment technician to configure it exactly the way I wanted.
That is great news that it rides like stock. I realize the Swift springs have a slightly higher spring rate than the Tein Basis, but I am sure the Teins make up for it with stiffer shocks. So I assume it will still feel similar up front for you once you get the front Basis on your car.

Do you remember how much negative camber you were able to get in the back before you got the camber arms or did you not even try until you got the camber arms installed?
Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Do you remember how much negative camber you were able to get in the back before you got the camber arms or did you not even try until you got the camber arms installed?
The Teins and the SPC camber & toe kit were installed at the same time, about a month ago. However, when the Swift springs were installed in Spring (LOL) of 2014, I was at -2* in the rear, but the height was too droopy for my liking.

This past spring/summer, I embarked on a number of efforts to use poly spacers between the springs and the top-seats. That was a total clusterfck, and led to the purchase of the Tein Coilovers.

Current height is 26 3/4" floor to fender on all four corners. Toe is spot-on, and rear camber is at -2.2* and -2.3*. Seems perfect to me, all things considered; (tires, wheels, height, personal preference, etc.)

My friends here in this forum are surely tired of seeing that picture and reading me talk about it. But you're new, so there it is. Personally, I love seeing that photo. One of my favorites.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:28 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm new here so you can blame me for posting one of your favorite pics.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:56 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm running Tein Basis and the ride is "Sporty". Reminds me of driving the GS350 F Sport with the suspension set on Sport.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:05 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
I'm running Tein Basis and the ride is "Sporty". Reminds me of driving the GS350 F Sport with the suspension set on Sport.
Sporty compared to regular G37 sedan suspension or G37S suspension? The way you describe it sounds like it is still pretty decent on the street.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:12 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Sporty compared to regular G37 sedan suspension or G37S suspension? The way you describe it sounds like it is still pretty decent on the street.
He has a journey so the G37 sedan suspension.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:40 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I figured that from his signature, but wanted to ask. Knowing my luck he probably upgraged to the S suspension first and was disappointed.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:54 AM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Almost finished prepping the G for my trip from Connecticut to Indiana - I decided not to rent a car this time. Since moving to CT, I've driven to other states (MA, NY, NJ, PA) in our other car, so this will be the first long trip in the G.

Going to catch a college football game in Indiana on Saturday so my planned route will be thru PA to OH in approx 8 hours, stay at a hotel then wake up early the next day to drive the remaining 6 hours from OH to Indiana.

Any of you East Coast guys have any travel experience or tips thru these states to pass along would be greatly appreciated.... I'll see how far I can go on a full tank (driving the speed limit off course ) before refueling. Mapquest indicates the trip (one way) is approx 825 miles...
Old 09-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Knowing my luck he probably upgraged to the S suspension first and was disappointed.
From what I've gathered here over the last four years, that's a pretty uncommon mod. The Journey sways and springs are the same as the RWD Sport, making the only suspension difference the shocks.

Granted, it's a very noticeable difference, but I don't think many people do that.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread