G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:29 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
I'm trying to buy another replacement and don't see it here in this diagram. Am I missing something? This is the 10'+ sport end.

2013 Infiniti G37 Parts - OEM Online Parts

All this trouble for just removing the grille! I've removed the front bumper 3x already and those times were a breeze. I hate how tight that space is on this car.
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I had the same issue with that bolt not coming out, at this point you'll have to get a new bumper stiffener bracket that this bolt goes into, the thread probably got messed up along with that piece of stiffener breaking , hence why the bolt won't come out, I do not know the part number for that bolt, but what I did was after I removed it, I took it to the dealership and bought a few extra, and I bought new bumper stiffeners off of eBay because I got a pair for 55 I think meanwhile, one normally goes for about 40-45 on infiniti parts sites.

Note that the stiffeners for 07-08 sedans are the same, just different color(black not white like originally on 10+ sedans) so that being said they will work too, and can be found cheaper on eBay
Well, I got the bolt out and the stiffener is gone. I'm trying to buy the bolt that goes into part # 62058JK000 and no luck. All the other diagrams aren't showing it, anyone see it on this website?

Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 AM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Well, I got the bolt out and the stiffener is gone. I'm trying to buy the bolt that goes into part # 62058JK000 and no luck...
It looks like you may be looking for 08146-6165H.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Well, I got the bolt out and the stiffener is gone. I'm trying to buy the bolt that goes into part # 62058JK000 and no luck. All the other diagrams aren't showing it, anyone see it on this website?

Well like I told you Moeed on Facebook, best bet just go to the dealer with the bolt and get it there, that's what I did, I gave up looking for it online in the diagrams. The bumper won't fall off without that bolt in the stiffener, and you can get it on the spot and don't have to wait for shipping, I think even Nissan dealership will have those bolts, just make sure you bring the old one with you to show them
Old 09-15-2015, 01:22 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Well like I told you Moeed on Facebook, best bet just go to the dealer with the bolt and get it there, that's what I did, I gave up looking for it online in the diagrams. The bumper won't fall off without that bolt in the stiffener, and you can get it on the spot and don't have to wait for shipping, I think even Nissan dealership will have those bolts, just make sure you bring the old one with you to show them
And if you don't have a dealer near you, bring the bolt to a fastener supplier and they'll be able to match it up right away as well.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:06 AM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Well like I told you Moeed on Facebook...
No one will ever blame MaQ for not being thorough in utilizing his resources.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Well, I thought I'd post here because I talked to an Infinti dealership locally and one in Austin. Both guys were lost. I went in person today and still had trouble finding it. He ended up giving me free bolts because he didn't know for sure. I don't have the old one to bring to them, just a hacked up version of one from being cut.

Originally Posted by nelledge
No one will ever blame MaQ for not being thorough in utilizing his resources.

All this trouble for ..Sedan Chat Thread-cwtz2bs.jpg
Old 09-15-2015, 05:04 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
How much do the "long tube" Takeda intakes affect noise while driving? As in, is the incremental noise very noticeable?

Considering this as a sound/appearance mod. Thanks
That is entirely dependent on whether or not you have an aftermarket exhaust. I did the intake (Takeda Attack CAI) first. It did make it louder when you get into the throttle and from a 1st gear start, the tach needle looks like it's going to blow through the 8,000 rpm point like a freight train. Upper end breathing is dramatically improved.

And now the caveat: After I put my FI RHFC's and exhaust on, I can no longer hear my intake at all. Any noise it added is completely drowned out by the new exhaust sound.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
After I put my FI RHFC's and exhaust on, I can no longer hear my intake at all. Any noise it added is completely drowned out by the new exhaust sound.
I think where you're at (and me too), is you can no longer differentiate the noise between the intake and the exhaust. That doesn't mean the intake howl isn't there anymore. It just means you're hella loud.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:49 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

^Maybe your shortie intakes are louder than my long tubes. If I recall correctly, didn't you remove the hood liner? The noise is still there, but with non-res X-pipe, and the cacophony of noise that it makes, I just can't differentiate anymore.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
^Maybe your shortie intakes are louder than my long tubes. If I recall correctly, didn't you remove the hood liner? The noise is still there, but with non-res X-pipe, and the cacophony of noise that it makes, I just can't differentiate anymore.
Yeah, I did remove the hood liner. Part of the rationale for going commando was I wanted to hear that intake howl better.

Boy, that ship has since sailed. My car is so loud now, I could have a screaming goat under the hood, and it would get drowned out. Not that I'm complaining. The exhaust note on my FI setup is intoxicating... no matter what my neighbors must think.

Well, not when you start it cold is isn't. Ugh.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Spence_moran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe Vs convertible

Im going to buy a g37 soon. Still looking around. My family owns 2. Ones a sedan, ones a coupe. I know the coupe sounds a lot better. That's the sound I'm looking for. But I also like the convertible. I've driven one before but can not remember what it sounds like. What is the difference in the sound of the exhaust with the coupes and the convertibles? Also, there is practically no trunk space when top is down. But A/C seats in convertible a big selling point in AZ. Let me know what you guys think
Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yeah, I did remove the hood liner. Part of the rationale for going commando was I wanted to hear that intake howl better.

Boy, that ship has since sailed. My car is so loud now, I could have a screaming goat under the hood, and it would get drowned out. Not that I'm complaining. The exhaust note on my FI setup is intoxicating... no matter what my neighbors must think.

I love the cold start.

But I'm obnoxious....
Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Spence_moran
Im going to buy a g37 soon. Still looking around. My family owns 2. Ones a sedan, ones a coupe. I know the coupe sounds a lot better. That's the sound I'm looking for. But I also like the convertible. I've driven one before but can not remember what it sounds like. What is the difference in the sound of the exhaust with the coupes and the convertibles? Also, there is practically no trunk space when top is down. But A/C seats in convertible a big selling point in AZ. Let me know what you guys think
Welcome to the site Spence. If you plan on doing a lot of top-down driving a vert FTW. Otherwise I'd look for a coupe. As far as Exhaust notes, they should be very similar.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:49 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

I hear you on that. And yes, a screaming goat would be totally drowned out.

I fully agree that the FI exhaust note is intoxicating. It seems to deepen and get more seasoned over time. Oh, I love my cold start sound. It's completely obnoxious.

Couldn't resist...gratuitous screaming goats footage + bonus fainting:

Old 09-16-2015, 04:48 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Got an amusing laugh in relation to the nozzle troll that registered to start this thread:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ml#post3949958

It's fairly rare around here (to my knowledge) but I've always loved BlackBetty's eagerness (when necessary) to dish out a swift lesson in norse mythology..

Sedan Chat Thread-wojy315.gif

Last edited by twin_snails; 09-16-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread