G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:34 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I have been rolling on the Basis for two weeks and I am lowered a little around 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back. Ride has been fine. MY wife hasn't noticed any stiffness in the ride but I have. Just more sporty. I am waiting to be on them for a full month before I do a review. I like them and I am glad I got them. I do not worry that I did not spend twice the amount only to mess with the damping once. I have heard its a PITA to adjust the rears. "Rochester" is happy with the rears he has installed also.

And speaking of "Rochester" but is it me or does the zoomed in pick give his car the impression that is beginning to get early signs of "Droopy butt'itis"?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
I can't believe Rochester posted a picture with his license plate not blurred out
Old 09-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Also, your kid is on varsity huh? Any good?
Not the star player, but certainly good enough to make Varsity at 15. Only two sophomores were brought up. So yeah, I'm very proud. Straight A's, varsity soccer, marching band, etc. She's got a full plate. Too full, IMO.

Originally Posted by doublea88
Unfortunately i couldn't make it due to my grandfather being in the hospital and is very ill.
Sorry, man. Totally understandable priorities.

Originally Posted by RxRyanM
$550 for coils?? Geez. That price makes them tempting to pick up before I even get a G.
+shipping, maybe? Either way, great price on a quality product.

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
And speaking of "Rochester" but is it me or does the zoomed in pick give his car the impression that is beginning to get early signs of "Droopy butt'itis"?
Nope, not that I've noticed, and believe me, I'm sensitive to it, so it's just the camera angle and/or the pavement pitch I'm sitting on in that pic. I actually measured again last weekend, and it still averages out to exactly 26 3/4" floor to fender on all four corners.

Winning LOL

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I can't believe Rochester posted a picture with his license plate not blurred out
What you talking about, Willis?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:18 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Can understand if you think that way, esp if the context is the V36, but not much of a concern of mine, apparently same as Nissan/Infiniti, considering the V37 badging overseas
Originally Posted by STownSaint
This is how the V37 is, 350GT/Skyline on back, Infiniti elsewhere (front grille, cabin). I like where the 350 is too, like the orig G sedans

Not looking to justify or anything, just kicking around ideas

I don't think of opinions as bad things, they're often an opportunities to understand a different/new perspective

True the V37 may be different because Japan now has the Infiniti brand; albiet it just called a Skyline in Japan as opposed to Infiniti Skyline even though it sports Infiniti badging - just as confusing as the Q renaming. But, during the time of the V36 Infiniti was not a brand in Japan and the cars were Nissan branded and badged. (I hope all this talk doesn't bring you know who in... )

At the end of the day they are just factory badges, my personal opinion is to remove all factory badges and put aftermarket stickers which add +10 hp each!

Last edited by ttv36; 09-11-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
I have been rolling on the Basis for two weeks and I am lowered a little around 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back. Ride has been fine. MY wife hasn't noticed any stiffness in the ride but I have. Just more sporty. I am waiting to be on them for a full month before I do a review. I like them and I am glad I got them. I do not worry that I did not spend twice the amount only to mess with the damping once. I have heard its a PITA to adjust the rears. "Rochester" is happy with the rears he has installed also.

Wait, Rochester got Tein basis coilovers?!!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Wait, Rochester got Tein basis coilovers?!!
Too funny.

Tein Basis springs & shocks are installed in the rear, with a SPC Camber & Toe kit. All four corners are now exactly 26 3/4" floor to fender, and the rears are at a very appealing looking -2.2* and -2.3* camber.

Front CO's are sitting in my attic, awaiting a future install. In the meantime, I'm content with the Swift Springs in the front. Ride quality is excellent, virtually identical to the Swift springs and OEM sport shocks... that are still on the front, which might have something to do with that, LOL.

Favorite pic:

Old 09-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

Originally Posted by Rochester

Old 09-11-2015, 10:54 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Ninja EDIT FTW!

Just got off the phone with the Infiniti Dealer. Did you know I have to pay for any software updates to the car? I told him of my hard 2-3rd shift and he said I have to pay 150 bucks for the update. And that 30k miles the fuel injectors and throttle bodies need to be cleaned costing me another 250. FTMFL!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Ninja EDIT FTW!

Just got off the phone with the Infiniti Dealer. Did you know I have to pay for any software updates to the car? I told him of my hard 2-3rd shift and he said I have to pay 150 bucks for the update. And that 30k miles the fuel injectors and throttle bodies need to be cleaned costing me another 250. FTMFL!
Does it say anything in the owners manual about fuel injector amd throttle body cleaning.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Ninja EDIT FTW!

This is what I have for a 2013 G37X Sedan not...much about injectors and TBs:

Sean
Old 09-11-2015, 11:41 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Yeah I never remember anything about a Injector and Throttle Body cleaning. If it wasn't for the threat of the "Relearn" looming over my head I may actually do it myself. Thing is I am sure it's dirty with the engine blow by hose's attached to the air cleaners.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:13 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah I never remember anything about a Injector and Throttle Body cleaning. If it wasn't for the threat of the "Relearn" looming over my head I may actually do it myself. Thing is I am sure it's dirty with the engine blow by hose's attached to the air cleaners.
Simple task to perform... just like the Max. I've performed the relearn twice since I purchased this car. One time it took with no problems. The other time I tried 3 times with no luck, disconnected the battery for a few hours since it was the weekend and I have other vehicles, connected the battery, and wahlaaa! It was getting hot in the sun and I was being impatient, or I'm sure the relearn would have been seamless that time also. (btw I physically moved the butterfly plates through their complete range of motion for cleaning access. I suggest only doing that if you have the tbodies unplugged.)

The injector/throttle body clean is probably just some BG product upsell that particular dealer pushes. BG fuel system cleaner is a good product. I do, however, think it's overkill for the intervals they suggest.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nelledge
The injector/throttle body clean is probably just some BG product upsell that particular dealer pushes. BG fuel system cleaner is a good product. I do, however, think it's overkill for the intervals they suggest.
Spot on.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

You mean the "Peddle Dance"? I hated doing that in my Max. I also heard of leaving everything connected and with Ignition on having someone accelerate all the way to move the plates open to clean around them.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:23 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
You mean the "Peddle Dance"? I hated doing that in my Max...
I believe it's the same exact pedal dance, actually. Test of your coordination skills. You've been training since childhood.

...I also heard of leaving everything connected and with Ignition on having someone accelerate all the way to move the plates open to clean around them.
I would NOT use this technique. You run the risk of moving the butterfly while it's transmitting/receiving signals. That is definitely grounds for needing the pedal dance, or worse. Plus, you wanna send all that carbon and gunk into the plenum? It's a few bolts, a couple clamps, and connectors. Easy peasy.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread