G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:29 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by jfisher
I was really wanting to avoid that as the collars are aluminum and can get damaged pretty easily by a punch. I'm really hoping this LW penetrating oil does the trick.
you can use a plastic punch but a thick one lol
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
You're not alone on that one. But i wear a butt load of cotton t-shirts for work and the wrinkle free never works me. I feel you on the bachelor life. I need a permanent woman. Preferably one with a substantial income. Hell, i'll stay home and do the laundry....
hahah I hear you on all accounts. Luckly for me I wear a uniform to work that I get dry cleaned most of the time unless its my ABUS then I just wash and a quick iron. but the nicer shirts I hang up lol
Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
As a general trick for loosening nuts & bolts, first try to tighten them, and then try to loosen them. IDK if that applies to CO rings, but it's a fairly common concept when it comes to loosening things that are torqued together.
You could also stick the parts in the freezer overnight.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
drewfinity

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I've found the trick is to dry hang up clothes--pants, ****rts, etc--on low for 15 minutes then hang them up to dry. No wrinkles.
This ^ Don't ever let clothes you don't want wrinkles in dry all the way and sit. Pull them out while still slightly damp.

Also, if you have a shirt that is wrinkled, put it on a hanger and bring it to the bathroom while you take a hot shower. after 15-20 in the hot humidity it'll relax and lose most of the wrinkles.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:14 PM
nelledge
n00b

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Visited Montana this weekend. Cheapest rental above an ultra-small, econo-box was a V6 automatic Mustang. I thought, "Sure. Why not?"

Then I got there. It wasn't auto. It wasn't V6. Only 6k on the clock. I added 900 miles. I rarely luck out with the rental companies. I guess no one is renting them. Very fun car.

Drove my car to work this morning... RJM pedal will be purchased by year end. This thing is ridiculous. LOL
Old 09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by drewfinity
This ^ Don't ever let clothes you don't want wrinkles in dry all the way and sit. Pull them out while still slightly damp.

Also, if you have a shirt that is wrinkled, put it on a hanger and bring it to the bathroom while you take a hot shower. after 15-20 in the hot humidity it'll relax and lose most of the wrinkles.
Its that steam doing its work dryer has that function too lol

new technology is so convenient or maybe its us getting lazy lol
Old 09-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by nelledge
RJM pedal will be purchased by year end. This thing is ridiculous. LOL
Two other 6MT owners drove my car last weekend. That moment of clarity happened within seconds rolling slowly out of the hole, followed by validation while shifting into 2nd, and an immediate determination to put this mod at the top of their lists.

I am not exaggerating. However, I am using big words.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:51 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I've found the trick is to dry hang up clothes--pants, ****rts, etc--on low for 15 minutes then hang them up to dry. No wrinkles.
I'll have to try the Low for 15 minutes them hang them up thing. I usually hang my t-shirts up out of the washer because i don't want them shrink up in the dryer. But sometimes the next starts to stretch and i hate that. I like my neck collar snug. Then when their almost dry from hanging up i'll throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes and pull them out.

Cars and home economics baby. This thread rocks!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
As a general trick for loosening nuts & bolts, first try to tighten them, and then try to loosen them. IDK if that applies to CO rings, but it's a fairly common concept when it comes to loosening things that are torqued together.

g'luck
The threads were pretty cruddy so they didn't want to move in either direction. Some overnight soaking with the penetrating oil, some elbow grease with some WD40 and a wire brush free'd them up. Spent a few hours today disassembling the fronts in anticipation of the replacement struts. I'm almost glad I had to tear them down this far as it's really helped my understanding of the adjustments and what each part is for. Anxiously awaiting! This thing looks like I put a lift kit on with the new wheels. It's in desperate need of the drop!
Old 09-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
You could also stick the parts in the freezer overnight.
I read this quickly and thought you were suggesting he put his pants in the freezer.

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
I'll have to try the Low for 15 minutes them hang them up thing. I usually hang my t-shirts up out of the washer because i don't want them shrink up in the dryer. But sometimes the next starts to stretch and i hate that. I like my neck collar snug. Then when their almost dry from hanging up i'll throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes and pull them out.

Cars and home economics baby. This thread rocks!
You need the good hangers with shoulder pads to bunch up the neck a bit so they don't stretch out. Guess who's wife wont touch their laundry
The following users liked this post:
ColumbiaSkinny (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Two other 6MT owners drove my car last weekend. That moment of clarity happened within seconds rolling slowly out of the hole, followed by validation while shifting into 2nd, and an immediate determination to put this mod at the top of their lists.

I am not exaggerating. However, I am using big words.
You're on the stock slave and clutch, right?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by MaQG37
You're on the stock slave and clutch, right?
CSC blew at 18K miles, and was replaced with OEM parts under warranty.

Yes, I have the original clutch & flywheel. I've zero plans to upgrade them... ever. I probably won't own the car beyond 60K miles, or another 6 years. (6K/yr on average)
Old 09-03-2015, 03:13 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
CSC blew at 18K miles, and was replaced with OEM parts under warranty.

Yes, I have the original clutch & flywheel. I've zero plans to upgrade them... ever. I probably won't own the car beyond 60K miles, or another 6 years. (6K/yr on average)

I'm having my car serviced in a couple weeks for the faulty gas cap. I should see if they can take a look at that. When I let off my clutch pedal a little too soon without giving it some gas (hills), there is an audible racket noise coming from the transmission. Actually, even normal takeoffs depending on the incline, I will hear it as well. It reminds me of the noise my maxima 5mt made. I've only experienced this on nissan transmissions.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Alignment done today. Front Caster is 5.7 on right and 5.6 on left. Guy didn't notice the Caster can be adjusted with my SPC front kit. Rear camber is 2.6 on right and 2.7 on left and Toe is fine. Will be picking up some rear arms only and taking it back. Got unlimited Alignments for 160 for 3 years and it's transferable to another car if I ever get rid of this one.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by xpcgamer
Alignment done today. Front Caster is 5.7 on right and 5.6 on left. Guy didn't notice the Caster can be adjusted with my SPC front kit. Rear camber is 2.6 on right and 2.7 on left and Toe is fine. Will be picking up some rear arms only and taking it back. Got unlimited Alignments for 160 for 3 years and it's transferable to another car if I ever get rid of this one.
I'd get the rear toe bolts and rear camber bolts, this comes out to about $50 and you'll be able to get everything well in spec. Your slightly heavy caster isn't a bad thing, just takes a little more effort to get your wheels off center, but will track well.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread