G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
The big dilemma I'm having is satin bead blasted vs brushed stainless.
What's the diff? I like brushed stainless.

When does the STS go in?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Camfantasy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Epiphany
If you want to do the interior lights on the cheap this is what you want 15 x Premium Xenon White LED Lights Interior Package Kit for Infiniti G37 Q50 | eBay, comes with all interior, 2 license plate and 2 spare bulbs. Totally happy with mine and for the price you can't go wrong.
I got this kit from amazon that had everything but the vanity mirror lights for about the same price.

I am extremely happy with this "mod" (if you can really call it a mod lol).I've always got into the LED mods. Pretty much taught myself how to solder when learning how to convert all of my interior lights, switches, and illuminated buttons over to red on the old 4th gen max.

I wish those illuminated kickplates were a little cheaper
Old 09-02-2015, 06:52 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
What's the diff? I like brushed stainless.
The one I posted was brushed stainless, this is bead blasted. I think the bead blasted might go with the aluminum trim a little better, but I doubt enough to notice.

When does the STS go in?
I suppose it depends how much of this I have together before I start. Ideally, I'd do shifter, boot, and **** all at once. But I'd like to see how the stock boot fits so I know if I need to order a shorter one. I could probably guess that since the STS is 1/2" shorter that a 1/2" shorter boot will work.

STS arrives tomorrow, I'd imagine I'll do this in the next couple weeks.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Oh, that's easy, IMO. Bead Blasted. Definitely.

As for install sequence... tackle the **** first, because you have to anyway. Don't expect to remove the OEM **** undamaged, so if you do you can be pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Oh, that's easy, IMO. Bead Blasted. Definitely.

As for install sequence... tackle the **** first, because you have to anyway. Don't expect to remove the OEM **** undamaged, so if you do you can be pleasantly surprised.
I think the **** is going to come right off, it's kinda loose.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:13 AM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Well looks like my next "performance" mod is a 6MT VLSD. I can get one for 400 bucks and something tells me I will notice that more than spending 300 on a CAI and 500 on a CBE.
On another note I have been chasing this vibration at around 65 to 70. Turns out the company that refinished my Coupe wheels left a LOT of paint/material in the wheels hub area. This was not allowing them to seat properly on the hub. I took a wire brush to the hub and wire wheel to the wheel hub and it is steady as a train now. YAY!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by jfisher
Bought a set of used coilovers off of here and they are seized up pretty good. Anyone have any advice on how to free them up? I'm soaking them with Liquid Wrench Penetrating oil tonight to see if that helps.
also might help if you take a punch and put it in one of the notches and hit it with a hammer to get it loose
Old 09-02-2015, 08:36 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

not going to lie its a lot of work getting a new place set up... been hanging blinds and got my washer dryer and fridge in yesterday. now I need to sort through all my stuff and now I have all these boxes I don't know what to do with....

On a side note these new Samsung washers and dryers are super nice one great thing is that its not an annoying buzz when they are done they actually play a nice little chime lol
Old 09-02-2015, 08:54 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
not going to lie its a lot of work getting a new place set up... been hanging blinds and got my washer dryer and fridge in yesterday. now I need to sort through all my stuff and now I have all these boxes I don't know what to do with....

On a side note these new Samsung washers and dryers are super nice one great thing is that its not an annoying buzz when they are done they actually play a nice little chime lol
It's nice at first. But give it time. You'll come to hate that damn chime. I mean, it still let's you know when you have to fold all those clothes ya know? lol
Old 09-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jfisher
Bought a set of used coilovers off of here and they are seized up pretty good. Anyone have any advice on how to free them up? I'm soaking them with Liquid Wrench Penetrating oil tonight to see if that helps.
As a general trick for loosening nuts & bolts, first try to tighten them, and then try to loosen them. IDK if that applies to CO rings, but it's a fairly common concept when it comes to loosening things that are torqued together.

g'luck
Old 09-02-2015, 09:11 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
It's nice at first. But give it time. You'll come to hate that damn chime. I mean, it still let's you know when you have to fold all those clothes ya know? lol
lmao nah I ll just put it on the wrinkle free setting and just leave it in the laundry basket no sense in folding it if its just going to be unfolded and worn lol I live the bachelor life
The following users liked this post:
ColumbiaSkinny (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
PB Blaster may do the trick. Saw those coilovers you picked up, should be a nice deal if you can get those front ones rebuilt for a decent cost.
D2 sells replacement struts for $130 shipped each. I ordered them yesterday. As long as everything else swaps over ok it should work out. Going to take a lot of elbow grease to get these things cleaned up. Dropping off the springs to have them re-coated as well.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
also might help if you take a punch and put it in one of the notches and hit it with a hammer to get it loose
I was really wanting to avoid that as the collars are aluminum and can get damaged pretty easily by a punch. I'm really hoping this LW penetrating oil does the trick.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:02 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
lmao nah I ll just put it on the wrinkle free setting and just leave it in the laundry basket no sense in folding it if its just going to be unfolded and worn lol I live the bachelor life
You're not alone on that one. But i wear a butt load of cotton t-shirts for work and the wrinkle free never works me. I feel you on the bachelor life. I need a permanent woman. Preferably one with a substantial income. Hell, i'll stay home and do the laundry....
Old 09-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
You're not alone on that one. But i wear a butt load of cotton t-shirts for work and the wrinkle free never works me.
I've found the trick is to dry hang up clothes--pants, ****rts, etc--on low for 15 minutes then hang them up to dry. No wrinkles.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread