G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 04:46 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Congrats Phil! I love owning a house. It gives you a lot more freedom to work on your car. Sometimes I catch myself in denial that I bought my house at only 24 years old.

Enjoy it and welcome to the should I make a payment on my principal balance or buy a car part decisions...
Old 08-29-2015, 05:17 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
it seems a no brainer to go with the whiteline replacement since I'll undoubtedly destroy it again.
How so? The OEM bushing is fluid-filled, and the Whiteline Bushing is solid... right? I can't imagine you'd ever have a reason to do this again.

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I ordered a TMW short throw shifter.
I was hoping one of the other active 6MT Sedan guys would do this ahead of my plans for next summer. You know that I'm looking forward to reading your opinions on this mod. What was your thinking on choosing TWM? Personally, I've been planning on TWM, too. And for no specific reason, just a sense of preference for TWM that I get whenever I research this mod.

Psyched for you, Leg.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-29-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:43 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
haha thanks guys! but unfortunately its just a townhouse so i dont have to worry about the lawn stuff and the garage is pretty small one day i ll have a real house with a multiple car garage and cars to fill it lol.

For now this will have to do
Congrats on the new place Phil. You and I are in the same spot. I purchased a new construction and patiently waiting for my closing date. The house itself is don't however there's an issue with the water main valve size - something about not feeding enough water pressure to my row of houses. I'm in the back of a development.

We will have to meet up. I believe you're a short drive from me - somewhere near Andrews AFB, yeah?

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Congrats Phil! I love owning a house. It gives you a lot more freedom to work on your car. Sometimes I catch myself in denial that I bought my house at only 24 years old.

Enjoy it and welcome to the should I make a payment on my principal balance or buy a car part decisions...
I hear ya man. For whatever reason, I always think you have a few years on me.

How is the new place and the GS? I saw a nice one yesterday - same year and package as yours. Mild drop, 19" wheels, mild exhaust system - what a great looking ride.

Can't wait to see what you do with the GS.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
How so? The OEM bushing is fluid-filled, and the Whiteline Bushing is solid... right? I can't imagine you'd ever have a reason to do this again.
No, I was saying there was no reason to have this done under warranty, as the replacement would not be covered under the terms of the extended warranty. The new rear subframe would be covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. So I'd likely have to replace it with the whiteline eventually.

I was hoping one of the other active 6MT Sedan guys would do this ahead of my plans for next summer. You know that I'm looking forward to reading your opinions on this mod. What was your thinking on choosing TWM? Personally, I've been planning on TWM, too. And for no specific reason, just a sense of preference for TWM that I get whenever I research this mod.

Psyched for you, Leg.

TWM seems to have the best reviews here and over on the 370 board. The stillen is two pieces and people have reported some issues with it.

IDK why this isn't a more popular mod. I've had STS on most of my cars over the years, and I've always enjoyed them.

I'm excited
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (08-29-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 02:06 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by connoisseurr

How is the new place and the GS? I saw a nice one yesterday - same year and package as yours. Mild drop, 19" wheels, mild exhaust system - what a great looking ride.

I love the house, best decision I ever made, I also bought new construction. I just added fans to my office and gest bedroom, otherwise I haven't needed to do anything else, which has been nice. I absolutely love my kitchen.

Name:  2015-05-18%2016.04.59.jpeg
Views: 155
Size:  136.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7043.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  142.8 KB

When is your projected closing date now? Hopefully soon. I know the anticipation is killer. The day I closed on my house I brought a change of clothes and an air mattress and stayed the night.

As for the GS, I absolutely love it. I'm hoping to get the lowering springs installed soon and order a cat back.

Last edited by '11G37S; 08-29-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Camfantasy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Psyched for you, Leg.

I saw on another thread that you were a maxima owner previously like myself. Good to know i'm not the only former maxima enthusiast that has turned over a new more luxurious leaf

were you a member on maxima.org?
Old 08-29-2015, 09:07 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Congrats on the new place Phil. You and I are in the same spot. I purchased a new construction and patiently waiting for my closing date. The house itself is don't however there's an issue with the water main valve size - something about not feeding enough water pressure to my row of houses. I'm in the back of a development.

We will have to meet up. I believe you're a short drive from me - somewhere near Andrews AFB, yeah?

I hear ya man. For whatever reason, I always think you have a few years on me.

I m actually on the other side I am down in Hampton and stationed at Langley AFB. New construction is for sure the way to go. I got lucky and got everything closed in less than a month!

Originally Posted by '11G37S
I love the house, best decision I ever made, I also bought new construction. I just added fans to my office and gest bedroom, otherwise I haven't needed to do anything else, which has been nice. I absolutely love my kitchen.

When is your projected closing date now? Hopefully soon. I know the anticipation is killer. The day I closed on my house I brought a change of clothes and an air mattress and stayed the night.

As for the GS, I absolutely love it. I'm hoping to get the lowering springs installed soon and order a cat back.
that a beautiful kitchen! I kind of wish that i bought a house but since i m in the military and bound to leave this place eventually i figured a townhouse was a good way to start. eventually i will get a house.

Spent yesterday and today buying everything i needed. Grabbed a nice french door fridge, a samsung washer and dry, and spent all day today putting up blinds and ceiling fans. lol
Old 08-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by Camfantasy
Yep. Go look at the bottom left corner of the Org's site banner.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:28 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I saw on another thread that you were a maxima owner previously like myself. Good to know i'm not the only former maxima enthusiast that has turned over a new more luxurious leaf

I think a lot of us have moved over. I had a 7th Gen and a 5.5 Gen while on the Org.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Camfantasy
Registered Member

Yep. Go look at the bottom left corner of the Org's site banner.
Nice!

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
I think a lot of us have moved over. I had a 7th Gen and a 5.5 Gen while on the Org.
yea i guess there is most definitely some overlap with the 4DSC crowd and all.

I had a laser red 99.5 SE-L that i kept for 8 years after high school and through college until it finally met it's demise when i fell asleep at the wheel and ran off a bridge a few months ago. It saved my life though. Old girl went out like a champ.

Name:  max_zpsz0ebcqx4.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  16.8 KB
Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 PM
xpcgamer
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Damn! Glad you where ok!
Old 08-29-2015, 11:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
I had a laser red 99.5 SE-L that i kept for 8 years after high school and through college until it finally met it's demise when i fell asleep at the wheel and ran off a bridge a few months ago. It saved my life though. Old girl went out like a champ.
Wow, scary stuff right there, glad your car took one for the team, lucky you survived that one.
Much better luck w/ your new ride & welcome to the site.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Camfantasy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xpcgamer
Damn! Glad you where ok!
Originally Posted by blnewt
Wow, scary stuff right there, glad your car took one for the team, lucky you survived that one.
Much better luck w/ your new ride & welcome to the site.
Preciate it fellas. Could have most definitely been worse. I ended up with just a small cut on my nose from the airbag....which is nothing.

Any of you have any advice for my G's first mod (LED reverse light install -lol-)? Sounds a little more aggravating than i had previously assumed.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:06 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Preciate it fellas. Could have most definitely been worse. I ended up with just a small cut on my nose from the airbag....which is nothing.

Any of you have any advice for my G's first mod (LED reverse light install -lol-)? Sounds a little more aggravating than i had previously assumed.
I was on the org too, came from a 4th gen. If you're wanting to do LED reverse lights, it's pretty easy to remove. Pop the trunk, remove the trunk liner clips with a flathead . Boom, you got access.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:15 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts

First mod??
Most will say upgraded sway bars or tires, so I'd go w/ that
Or the 4DSC sticker.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread