G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by aktif8
It's easy to justify for me - what do you spend more time physically connected to, and looking at, than ANY other part in the car? The wheel!
That's exactly the rationale that's going to support my spending $160 on a titanium shift **** later this year. Good thinking, aktif8.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
My plow guy came and did our driveway four (!!) times in the last 24 hours. He's sloppy, the wife and I always complain to each other about it, and each time I have to shovel in front of the garage just to get the door open... But at least he's here and he's plowing. I've had guys in the past who just never show up.

Six degrees outside, so road salt doesn't work, and all the roads are barely plowed, covered in ice. Yet I have to take a kid to a skating party, and I have to break out the G for that trip across town.

Wish me luck.
Good luck! I just dug out my car this morning - it's sitting in the parking lot of the apartment complex. Good thing the plowers came by and plowed around the empty spaces.

Don't you love the snow!?!? I'm going to have fun later on today with the Blizzaks on.
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (01-05-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
^^^
My plow guy came and did our driveway four (!!) times in the last 24 hours. He's sloppy, the wife and I always complain to each other about it, and each time I have to shovel in front of the garage just to get the door open... But at least he's here and he's plowing. I've had guys in the past who just never show up.

Six degrees outside, so road salt doesn't work, and all the roads are barely plowed, covered in ice. Yet I have to take a kid to a skating party, and I have to break out the G for that trip across town.

Wish me luck.
We got like 10 inches here if not more and I gotta tell you my RWD Sedan handles the snow pretty great with all around ultra performance all season Continental DWS's and every intersection I goo slidewayyssss
Old 01-04-2014, 02:38 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Just to let everyone know, TopSpeed has replenished their stock of the Pro 1 system for the sedans. It's on eBay for $469.00. You can also pick up their y-pipe as well. All free shipping to your door from Texas.

I know there were a few of you out there waiting on these so I thought I'd pass it along before they sell out again! :bounce:
Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Just to let everyone know, TopSpeed has replenished their stock of the Pro 1 system for the sedans. It's on eBay for $469.00. You can also pick up their y-pipe as well. All free shipping to your door from Texas.

I know there were a few of you out there waiting on these so I thought I'd pass it along before they sell out again! :bounce:
Beware Connor, it says "single-layer" tips, not bevelled or rolled tips so it seems like they got a batch of the crappy jagged tin can tips
I'd definitely call them to confirm, or maybe they have a batch of the good tip versions waiting for those that know of the glaring difference
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G35-G37-Sedan-07-12-Performance-Exhaust-System-Systems-Top-Speed-Pro-1-/370977804343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5660001037&vxp=mtr
Old 01-04-2014, 09:10 AM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Beware Connor, it says "single-layer" tips, not bevelled or rolled tips so it seems like they got a batch of the croppy jagged tin can tips
I'd definitely call them to confirm, or maybe they have a batch of the good tip versions waiting for those that know of the glaring difference
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G35-G37-Sedan-07-12-Performance-Exhaust-System-Systems-Top-Speed-Pro-1-/370977804343?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5660001037&vxp=mtr
Big 2nd. I have the single layer tips and they suck. I eventually covered them up with the Ti tips they sell, which are somewhat nicer, but they're still single layer, and stick out too far (warped rationale for recently ordering the a/x diffuser, so maybe it's not a bad thing )

Get the beveled tips from the get go - you'll be much happier.

Also, get the Y pipe from the get go, and hfcs to save on install cost. I still have to post a good sound clip of my top speed Y, axle back, and FI rhfcs. It sounds great
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
That's exactly the rationale that's going to support my spending $160 on a titanium shift **** later this year. Good thinking, aktif8.

You can save yourself $20 if you pick up the one in the classifieds
Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Beware Connor, it says "single-layer" tips, not bevelled or rolled tips so it seems like they got a batch of the crappy jagged tin can tips I'd definitely call them to confirm, or maybe they have a batch of the good tip versions waiting for those that know of the glaring difference
Good call Brad - I didn't even read the description that thoroughly. Just noticed they had some back in stock. I'm gonna give then a call to see what's up.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
You can save yourself $20 if you pick up the one in the classifieds
I could also save 20 bucks if I could get my wife to stop buying an iced cap at Tim Hortons every few days. Your point is valid, but not motivational enough.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:51 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I could also save 20 bucks if I could get my wife to stop buying an iced cap at Tim Hortons every few days. Your point is valid, but not motivational enough.
Lol! Been there, good luck with that!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
So... I guess I need to invest in winter tires next year. I could barely get up my parking lot this morning.

Thick sheet of ice right outside my garage Think it's a bad idea to try OEM tires, G's going nowhere faast until mgmt sends someone to break it up
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

So I've been doing a bit of research recently on getting a new rear sway bar for my 10 g37x and what I've gathered is I can use a sway bar from a G37S coupe, yes?

I still didn't read anything definitive regarding the difference between the sport/non-sport rear sway bars so I'm assuming they're the same? All that I am concrete on is that the AWD has the thinnest rear sway bar

I found a good deal locally for a rear sway bar from 2012 G37S coupe that I'd like to use. That'll work, yes?
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Thick sheet of ice right outside my garage Think it's a bad idea to try OEM tires, G's going nowhere faast until mgmt sends someone to break it up
Yeah. Last year we barely had any snow so I figured we wouldn't have a lot this year. It didn't seem necessary to buy winter tires at the time, plus my all seasons have 95% tread so I didn't think it would be a huge problem. Now I'm looking at this winter storm coming this way and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to work on Monday. I should be fine though but a low of -6° and a high of -1° won't help. it could get very interesting. I may be looking for an unplowed parking lot later tonight.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:03 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
So I've been doing a bit of research recently on getting a new rear sway bar for my 10 g37x and what I've gathered is I can use a sway bar from a G37S coupe, yes?
I still didn't read anything definitive regarding the difference between the sport/non-sport rear sway bars so I'm assuming they're the same? All that I am concrete on is that the AWD has the thinnest rear sway bar

I found a good deal locally for a rear sway bar from 2012 G37S coupe that I'd like to use. That'll work, yes?
Yup, it'll work. S and journey are identical. Don't pay more than 30 or 40 bucks. Terrific mod for the $ - you won't believe how much of a difference it makes.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:10 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by aktif8
Yup, it'll work. S and journey are identical. Don't pay more than 30 or 40 bucks. Terrific mod for the $ - you won't believe how much of a difference it makes.
$20 bill is what I will be paying so it sounds like the deal is right.

Do you all mess with getting an aftermarket front bar, or just leave the stock one up front?

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread