G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:13 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
What spark,plugs are y'all running? As I work to finish my tune it was suggested I change my plugs. I'm leaning towards NGKs over the Denso's though I'm,not opposed to the HKS plugs either. Got a little sticker shock but I guess it is what it is.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-2015, 11:21 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
What spark,plugs are y'all running? As I work to finish my tune it was suggested I change my plugs. I'm leaning towards NGKs over the Denso's though I'm,not opposed to the HKS plugs either. Got a little sticker shock but I guess it is what it is.

Thoughts?
From my maxima days, the NGK plugs were the same as OEM. Some people had issues changing to other brands. The G37 uses Denso, I'd say stick with Densos. How many miles are you at?

More Information for DENSO 3457

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ark-plugs.html
Old 07-08-2015, 12:32 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I am using NGK GT-R plugs which are Heat Range 8 / 1 step colder. I think for for normal bolt ons without boost or nitrous the densos should be fine. Heck even some of the boosted cars at my local shop which push 400-450whp have used the densos without any issues.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:07 PM
MILcityBoi

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry guys, just a random thought here in the "Chat" thread.....I always look over the classified section to see if anyone has any "goodies" that I can add to my G and since I have been on any forum I have always been miffed by people who post a price and then want to add everything separate... Example $xxx plus shipping, plus paypal 3%....Why not add that all at first? It really bothers me, LOL.....

I think I might sell something and price it at $xxx plus shipping, plus Paypal fees, plus my gas cost to the post office, plus my time it takes me to get to the post office...If I have to wait in line then that's an additional cost too....

Does anyone else feel like I do here or am I the only one?
Old 07-08-2015, 02:35 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by MILcityBoi
Sorry guys, just a random thought here in the "Chat" thread.....I always look over the classified section to see if anyone has any "goodies" that I can add to my G and since I have been on any forum I have always been miffed by people who post a price and then want to add everything separate... Example $xxx plus shipping, plus paypal 3%....Why not add that all at first? It really bothers me, LOL.....

I think I might sell something and price it at $xxx plus shipping, plus Paypal fees, plus my gas cost to the post office, plus my time it takes me to get to the post office...If I have to wait in line then that's an additional cost too....

You might be the only one. Shipping varies depending on location and who you use to send the package out with. PayPal fees are advised if that is the method of payment. If it's local I always accept cash or gifted via PayPal that way I avoid the charged fee.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:06 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
I think the reason they mention plus %3 paypal fee is sometimes you both work out a price lower then advertised , then you take the %3 of the agreed upon price. Also, shipping costs as Pedro mentioned all depend on the service and where you are located.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:10 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I always say either gift or 3% some people will do gift and some people will pay the 3% i mean would you want to PP someone 3k for wheels as a gift?
Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 PM
mezzo
Green Eyes!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

You look at it as nickel and diming. Unfortunately for the seller, paypal takes a cut. 3% percent typically covers that cut. To me its just good business and makes sense. And its why i do it on my transactions.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:47 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by nishfish871
From my maxima days, the NGK plugs were the same as OEM. Some people had issues changing to other brands. The G37 uses Denso, I'd say stick with Densos. How many miles are you at?

More Information for DENSO 3457

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ark-plugs.html
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
I am using NGK GT-R plugs which are Heat Range 8 / 1 step colder. I think for for normal bolt ons without boost or nitrous the densos should be fine. Heck even some of the boosted cars at my local shop which push 400-450whp have used the densos without any issues.
Appreciate the feedback guys, thank you. I'm at 43k right now, I'll get them ordered and hopefully installed on Sunday when I get home.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:22 AM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Appreciate the feedback guys, thank you. I'm at 43k right now, I'll get them ordered and hopefully installed on Sunday when I get home.
The stock plugs should last till 100k. Changing them at 43k seems wasteful. Are you looking to gain a few hp from it? Might as well put that money towards a ported upper mani or ported TB's.

On the spark plug topic, NGK makes a performance line that Nismo uses. To get them cheaper, you'd have to order from one of japanese auction sites.

NISMO | Spark Plugs

Old 07-09-2015, 05:08 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

im changing them at the suggestion of my tuner after he reviewed my datalogs. I hadn't planned on changing them out so soon but there didn't seem to be a down side to doing so. I hadn't considered ported TBs or mani, the m370 was as far as I was going to go but maybe I'll rethink. The TBs would be simple enough to swap out when changing the plugs I suppose.

Thank you for the heads up on the other plugs,,I have a couple guys in Japan I can get to pick them up for me. Had I realized a couple days sooner I could have bundled them into a shipment that's on its was now.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:20 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Originally Posted by nishfish871
On the spark plug topic, NGK makes a performance line that Nismo uses. To get them cheaper, you'd have to order from one of japanese auction sites.
I have a set of these plugs in Heat Range 9 (2 steps colder) waiting to be installed for when I get my stage 3 fuel return system. If anyone is interested in getting them I can give you the contact I used.

They are only sold in Japan and unless they are stocked somewhere in the USA they have to be ordered.

I ordered them 5/1/2015 and received them 6/19/2015 to give you an idea of how long it takes to get them from Japan.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:14 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Wow, that's a bit of time. I have a couple guys I've been working with in Japan, hopefully they'll be able to get them to me a bit quicker. I think I have a package en route right now and another one being loaded up, I hope at least.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:01 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Wow, that's a bit of time. I have a couple guys I've been working with in Japan, hopefully they'll be able to get them to me a bit quicker. I think I have a package en route right now and another one being loaded up, I hope at least.
I asked Mike and Robbie as well but they couldn't get them readily or the cost was too high after shipping from what I remember. But it also could be because I got heat range 9, it is possible that the heat range 7 are more readily available.

Honestly I think you would be fine with densos or if you wanted to go one step colder get the NGK GTR plugs that I'm using now.

Last edited by ttv36; 07-09-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Tony, I just stole some photos of your car for this guy's build thread... he was saying he'd like yellow calipers on his Black Sedan.

The following users liked this post:
ttv36 (07-09-2015)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread