G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Hmm, only heard a slight hiss on decel. Also seems to be louder than mine (could be camera mic), dunno how that is possible.
Yeah I didnt want to say anything and jinx myself lol but honesty I haven't heard the dreaded decel hiss yet, I didn't even hear it in the video I posted... I plan on getting a few better videos with some launches, tunnels, and better/higher revs but unfortunately today it's pouring out. I'm wondering if it isn't as prominent when the exhaust is first installed but becomes more noticeable as the pipes become more seasoned? I did mention the hiss to my brother in law as we were working on the install fully expecting to hear it after we got around to reving it a few times, and since he's not as familiar with the g platform or FI, I figured he would think we had a leak. But honestly I didn't hear it yet. *crosses fingers*
Old 06-27-2015, 08:30 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by jroyalty7
Yeah I didnt want to say anything and jinx myself lol but honesty I haven't heard the dreaded decel hiss yet, I didn't even hear it in the video I posted... I plan on getting a few better videos with some launches, tunnels, and better/higher revs but unfortunately today it's pouring out. I'm wondering if it isn't as prominent when the exhaust is first installed but becomes more noticeable as the pipes become more seasoned? I did mention the hiss to my brother in law as we were working on the install fully expecting to hear it after we got around to reving it a few times, and since he's not as familiar with the g platform or FI, I figured he would think we had a leak. But honestly I didn't hear it yet. *crosses fingers*
You can hear it on the second rev, albeit slightly.

Also, I didn't mean to say the hiss was louder, but your exhaust sounds louder than mine initially and your cats are resonated, unlike mine. Probably the video sound quality though.

Either way, car sounds great and I bet you are stoked. I can't get enough of the look and sound of the FI exhaust setup as it's hands down one of the best. Enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
jroyalty7 (06-27-2015)
Old 06-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Regarding the exhaust, I always thought it would be fun to do this with a video camera: Set a camera up on looking *up* the road, and run the car up to the camera, passing it hard. Then do it all over again with the camera turned around, looking *down* the road. Edit the two videos and clip the scenes together at the point when the car passes the camera. You'll get the video and the sound as it approaches, with the video and sound as it races by.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:50 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Regarding the exhaust, I always thought it would be fun to do this with a video camera: Set a camera up on looking *up* the road, and run the car up to the camera, passing it hard. Then do it all over again with the camera turned around, looking *down* the road. Edit the two videos and clip the scenes together at the point when the car passes the camera. You'll get the video and the sound as it approaches, with the video and sound as it races by.
I may be able to do that. I'm trying to find a decent stretch of unused road or abandoned parking lot where I can do some runs without attracting unwanted attention lol. When I do I'll try and see what I can do about putting together a video like that.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:49 AM
G's

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a noob here so bear with me. I have a 2013 g37x sedan. I need some help determining a tire size/wheel size. I don't want to stagger my wheels. I want to go with a 20" rim. I plan on lowering it soon with ksport coil overs will this mean I need camber kits for front and rear? Can someone recommend me an offset that will work for this as well? I really don't want to rub or roil fenders. If I'm in the wrong place can you shoot me a link to where I can get this info? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 06-29-2015, 01:01 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by G's
Hey guys, I'm a noob here so bear with me. I have a 2013 g37x sedan. I need some help determining a tire size/wheel size. I don't want to stagger my wheels. I want to go with a 20" rim. I plan on lowering it soon with ksport coil overs will this mean I need camber kits for front and rear? Can someone recommend me an offset that will work for this as well? I really don't want to rub or roil fenders. If I'm in the wrong place can you shoot me a link to where I can get this info? Thanks in advance guys!
Hi G's, welcome to the site. Go ahead and post those questions in this folder and we'll get right on it
Brad
Wheels & Tires - MyG37
Might also check this thread for some various types of square setups
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...post-here.html
Old 06-29-2015, 07:57 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by G's
blnewt is the man with the plan for all things wheel and tire related, I see he responded so listen to him. The man knows that of which he speaks!

Unless there's been a new sport set up that I'm not aware of I don't think that they make coilovers for the X. We seem to be fairly limited on our options I'm afraid. Depending on how low you're going you may not need camber kits but I imagine if you're going coils you're going to wind up fairly low so I would suggest planning for them. If nothing else it's easier to get everything suspension related done at the same time. I'm running Fortune 500s on Swift springs although I'm going to get new springs, a little longer and up the rates, in the next couple weeks. I'm on 19s with a subzero gap in the back and just slightly over a zero gap in the front on my X.
The following 2 users liked this post by RexHavoc:
blnewt (06-29-2015), twin_snails (07-03-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
Sacs, that definitely looks like too much negative camber and no tire will survive under that scenario. I spent 3 years in my college days working for Discount Tire and saw it all the time on dropped cars. Maybe a camber kit would help add some back in. Or are you running that much negative to tuck under the fender? Looks like you basically wore through all the steel belts and into the nylon cord layer.

I got 53k miles out of my Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires that I had on my 19's. Bear in mind that I wasn't dropped and had stock suspension but I still had inner shoulder wear. When you're running a tire that wide and flat, any amount of negative camber beyond stock puts tremendous wear on that inside edge.

If you can, I'd say get some camber kits to bring it back within spec if possible. That really sucks to only get 7k miles out of them though.

Yes I have SPC rear camber kit that was installed orionally when rims/tires went on. After much more research with my alignment sheets from before...I was running -3 camber so the wear is a no brainer there....but the 5k miles is still a concern imo. At this point I will never regret going 20's, even though a 19" would have allowed for a much better fit spec wise. I am down from the 295/30's to a 275/30 in the rear now and my camber is at -1.7 so I should see a nice increase in wear and life of the tires. I HOPE
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (07-03-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 01:59 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
For anyone interested, I wanted to get the word out we have put together a meet together for Sedan owners. The date is Saturday, August 29, 2015 at a great location in Holidaysburg, PA. It's almost centrally located for most Sedan owners across the NY, PA, NJ, MD and VA area.

Please refer to the link below for additional information. If you're interested shoot me a PM per my request in the first post of the link below. Also let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...at-thread.html
The following 2 users liked this post by connoisseurr:
ChinkyChoy (06-29-2015), jroyalty7 (06-29-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 05:10 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
For anyone interested, I wanted to get the word out we have put together a meet together for Sedan owners. The date is Saturday, August 29, 2015 at a great location in Holidaysburg, PA. It's almost centrally located for most Sedan owners across the NY, PA, NJ, MD and VA area.

Please refer to the link below for additional information. If you're interested shoot me a PM per my request in the first post of the link below. Also let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...at-thread.html
You still coming to Memphis?
Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM
pgG37

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So tell me again why we dont have the unlock option once you hold the door handle...
Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
G37 Sedan *Chat Thread*

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
You still coming to Memphis?
I blew threw the area weekend before last. Ended up in Nashville for 3 days and Memphis for 1 visiting family. Trip was cut short due to a work commitment that came up last minute, otherwise I'd stay for another week to burn some vacation.

We will hopefully be back towards the end up September or early October.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
VQ-Vic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
looking to buy em. Yay or Nay?
I would have to pull the fender and put a small camber to not poke out like crazy. (No crazy camber)
PS. They are alot lighter than the IPL Enkei.

Name:  20150628_171347_resized_zpsu9z0lwlk.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  222.9 KB

Name:  20150628_171341_resized_zpsl2z2zmrt.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  243.0 KB
Old 06-29-2015, 08:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
I'd keep looking Vic, many other wheels that will fit OK without all the trouble.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:07 PM
VQ-Vic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Yea, I wish someone has fronts they don't want.
Its +40 front.
But +23 rear

I quite like the design, just the rears.... ahhh LOL.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread