G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
No, you're reading that wrong, Nick. The amber plate bulbs were cheap LED's purchased from some nameless Hong Kong vendor off eBay many years ago. Ditto for the white LED's in my courtesy lights, and the panel of SMD's in my trunk. Those reverse light bulbs might be yours... could be. I have no idea.

My LED bulbs in the dome lighting, those I most definitely and personally purchased from you back in September. Very happy with the warm white look. Better than OEM, but not as blindingly annoying as pure white.
Ah! I see, well either way I'm glad to see it worked out well for you. It can really be a crap-shoot with eBay LEDs and defect rates.

Nick C.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by aktif8
just ordered my autokits diffuser in carbon, and - more contentiously - an experiment; picked up the slightly larger mt. Fuji from a QX56 to relocate a bit lower / compensate for the debadged infiniti lettering, and balance out the trunk a little better. Hopefully it doesn't look too ILX-ish.

After that, the only mod left I have to do is coupe seats..the driver's side bolster in my car - 70k miles - is NOT holding up well. Seems like one can get a set of low mile coupe seats for only about 1200 bucks.

I'm willing myself to not look in to FI. Might just have to pick up a toy this summer - I never should have gotten rid of my s2000. 135i roadster, anyone?
That sounds like a cool idea regarding the larger emblem, look forward to seeing how that turns out. Gs going to look hot w/ the Autokits. The S2k probably would be a car that would be tough to let go
Had a blast for half a day in a 135i, the DCT was so much quicker than my 7AT and damn that little ride was on rails.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:42 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I had someone call and inquire about them.

I'm pretty sure I've only had one person ask me specifically for amber License plate LEDs, so there is a solid chance it was your friend.

Cool how that works out lol

Nick C.
That was me. I've redone all my interior lighting with DD LEDs I just haven't put in the glove box light yet cuz I'm lazy. I really like the amber LEDs though they're not as pronounced on mine due to the construction of my plate frame / holder.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've got 'em. They're very pretty. (old pic) My buddy Matt gave them to me the year before, and he installed them, too, but it's pretty easy to unclip the trunk panel.

And amber LED's in the rear plate lights.

I like those reverse LEDs I need to get me some finally and then I'll be completely Incandescent bulb-less , I'm only interested in 5k though as 6k is not for my liking. I love pure white

any recommendations on which ones to get that will fit in the reverse light housing and give a good light output?

just ordered my autokits diffuser in carbon, and - more contentiously - an experiment; picked up the slightly larger mt. Fuji from a QX56 to relocate a bit lower / compensate for the debadged infiniti lettering, and balance out the trunk a little better. Hopefully it doesn't look too ILX-ish.

After that, the only mod left I have to do is coupe seats..the driver's side bolster in my car - 70k miles - is NOT holding up well. Seems like one can get a set of low mile coupe seats for only about 1200 bucks.

I'm willing myself to not look in to FI. Might just have to pick up a toy this summer - I never should have gotten rid of my s2000. 135i roadster, anyone?
Now I'm going to hate you even more :X the midnight tails... now the diffuser bahhhhhh I need to get back on my mod bug track
Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
any recommendations on which ones to get that will fit in the reverse light housing and give a good light output?
Nope. Mine were a gift. I have extras, but they're backups (no pun) for if/when these fail. Been about a year and a half, and they still function, though. Knock on wood. Have no idea where my friend got them.

However, you're in luck, because Diode Dynamics is hanging out here, and if anyone is an expert on LED bulbs, I suspect he is. What do you say, Nick? Got any advice for Mik3G37S here?

On a completely unrelated topic... look what you can do with the OEM Power Steering Cap, a sander and some Krylon Satin Black Plastic paint. The cap is typically covered with all kinds of English and Japanese text embossed on the surface.

I think this looks much better.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-31-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:57 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

That does look good, well done John.

I'm still trying to find mine. Apparently I put them someplace very safe
Old 12-31-2013, 05:01 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I'm interested to see how that Mt Fuji looks. I considered it and depending on how yours looks may go for it. I don't know, I kind of like the a$$ end now but...

To show my ignorance, what's the difference with coupe seats? I was looking at sport seats, maybe I'm thinking the wrong direction?

There's a guy here in Memphis putting an RB in an S2k, should be interesting when done.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That does look good, well done John.

I'm still trying to find mine. Apparently I put them someplace very safe
Thanks, man. I played with the Rad Cap too, and the Washer Overflow... but have ZeeToyz aftermarket caps there, so it was just an experiment. However, experimentation led me to play around with the PS Cap today, and glad I did.

Just popped it back on the car, and OMG IT'S FREAKING COLD OUT!!! 9* Fahrenheit right now. Seriously, nine degrees. Damn.

Happy New Years, Guys. Here's a video that always makes me LOL.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
blnewt (12-31-2013), warped ideas (01-01-2014)
Old 12-31-2013, 05:05 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

I'm going to be playing with some color for my caps and engine bay, hopefully I can find everything soon. Geez o man, I was complaining earlier that it was only in the 40s today!

That's a great vid!

Last edited by RexHavoc; 12-31-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:42 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I like those reverse LEDs I need to get me some finally and then I'll be completely Incandescent bulb-less , I'm only interested in 5k though as 6k is not for my liking. I love pure white

I have Diode Dynamics stage 2 and have had no problems. I ran outside real quick to get a picture...

Name:  IMG_7017.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  35.1 KB

2008-2013 Infiniti G37 Backup LEDs (pair) - G37 Sedan - Infiniti - HID & LED by Vehicle - Replacement Lighting
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm interested to see how that Mt Fuji looks. I considered it and depending on how yours looks may go for it. I don't know, I kind of like the a$$ end now but...

To show my ignorance, what's the difference with coupe seats? I was looking at sport seats, maybe I'm thinking the wrong direction?

There's a guy here in Memphis putting an RB in an S2k, should be interesting when done.
Please leave that rear end as is. IIRC your duckbill trunk was debadged since you got it from 180 right? I've seen it in person and it looks best debadged Chris !
Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

It is debadged yes. It will probably stay that way but I'm tempted to see what it looks like.

For now I need to slow down until I get the rest of the planned / in progress work done. Gotta get these boxes out of the apartment and make some room! Then I need to list the extra rims, tires and calipers and I'll feel better about pushing forward again.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by '11G37S
I have Diode Dynamics stage 2 and have had no problems. I ran outside real quick to get a picture...

2008-2013 Infiniti G37 Backup LEDs (pair) - G37 Sedan - Infiniti - HID & LED by Vehicle - Replacement Lighting
I just realized this was a Kentucky plate. Perhaps a bourbon trail cruise is in order!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Thanks for the lol video John
NO NO NO r u listening to me, she's a single mom ROTF.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts

I just realized this was a Kentucky plate. Perhaps a bourbon trail cruise is in order!
I was at Jim Beam yesterday. Buffalo Trace the previous week. Four Roses next week.

My sister is getting married in April and her reception is at Woodford.

There's not a ton to do when Keeneland isn't in session so the bourbon trail is a lot of fun.

Last edited by '11G37S; 12-31-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread