Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I dunno that we are the best group of guys to talk you off that ledge

Why did you get rid of your Mustang to begin with?
Second kid came long thus forcing my hand.

I recall a video of you ripping on it with your son in the back. If you have kid(s), can you make the back seat work--realistically--with car seats?
Yeah, I rip on it now and he's only mildly entertained, lol.

I thought I'd be driving a lot more with both kids but on the weekends it's my wife's big ol comfy SUV that reigns supreme. I only take them 2 miles to daycare in the morning, so, not too inconvenient.

What about supplementing the G with a few year old, low mileage 5.0?
Don't really care for the 2 car thing and I would like to keep cost down at least until one of the kids are out of takeallyourmoneycare.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 05-31-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 514 Likes on 442 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Second kid came long thus forcing my hand.

Yeah, I rip on it now and he's only mildly entertained, lol.

I thought I'd by driving a lot more with both kids but on the weekends it's my wife's big ol comfy SUV that reigns supreme. I only take them 2 miles to daycare in the morning, so, not too inconvenient.
Convenience and practicality would be the only real reasons I'd try to talk you off the ledge.

I haven't given up yet, and we still use my car 50/50 vs my wife's big ol comfy SUV on weekends. As long as we don't need the trunk space, we're taking my car

Don't really care for the 2 car thing and I would like to keep cost down at least until one of the kids are out of takeallyourmoneycare.
We realized this weekend that when our 2 kids go to school, the amount we save on childcare will be the biggest raise of our lives. Only 3 years. Then I get a toy car

If you can make it work with the kids, the wife approves, at least somewhat, and you can swing it financially, I say go for it. Life is too short to drive a car you're not happy with.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
AroundtheG37, another plus for the Mustang is they have the same bolt pattern & similar offsets so you could run your Forgestars on that too

And the leather & paint is MUCH better!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
AroundtheG37, another plus for the Mustang is they have the same bolt pattern & similar offsets so you could run your Forgestars on that too
Would you believe me if I said that was one of the main reasons I bought the forgestars because deep down I always knew I 'd probably be back?

LOL, yup, they are the perfect fit for the stang so that makes it even more appealing.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (05-31-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 10:03 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

One thing I'm struggling with though is the love I have for the G. A lot of my buddies were confused when I bought this car but after showing them what it can do on the track and in real life, they honestly now have respect for the car. Also, there is just something special about driving a sedan that usually flies under the radar but still catches plenty of looks when tastefully modded. Not to mention, I still find it fun to drive and love the way it looks. We shall see.

Name:  f23420f2-474d-49f4-af2f-339dcb2d9159_zps3ze13k4k.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  101.2 KB
Attached Images
Old 05-31-2015, 10:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
They really are two completely different cars, in so many ways... Sport Sedan vs. Muscle Car.

Here's the perspective on my G that I've had since buying it: it's a 300+hp NA front-engine, with RWD, limited slip and a proper 6MT... which by my way of thinking makes it pretty darn close to a traditional muscle car. Particularly after a few bolt-on mods to the exhaust. And after a few simple suspension mods, it handles like a sports car(ish).

Point being, you already have your pony car. It just happens to have 4 doors and was made in Japan.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
They really are two completely different cars, in so many ways... Sport Sedan vs. Muscle Car.

Here's the perspective on my G that I've had since buying it: it's a 300+hp NA front-engine, with RWD, limited slip and a proper 6MT... which by my way of thinking makes it pretty darn close to a traditional muscle car. Particularly after a few bolt-on mods to the exhaust. And after a few simple suspension mods, it handles like a sports car(ish).

Point being, you already have your pony car. It just happens to have 4 doors and was made in Japan.
Agreed. We are just as fast as our american counterparts (chargers, well, before the days of hellcats and scat packs) but can handle to boot. A really good package all in all but I really miss that v8 sound.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:39 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

On a different note, I've had a lingering problem for the past few weeks that I could use a little help on. Apparently my fender liner (front driver side wheel) is not secured anymore and makes horrible noises when going over bumps. I checked under there and it seems the tab that holds the liner to fender lip is broken. However, even when I take out a different one and secure it the noise still remains, It appears the tire is hitting the fender lip that sticks out thus rattling the hell out of the liner. I went to infinit to get another clip and they had no idea what it was (so they gave me some different kind of tabs and of course that didn't help).

I have two thoughts on this so tell me what sounds feasible.

1. Bend the lip back and hope it secures the liner.
2. Try to find a way to attach the liner to the top of the fender using some kind of sticky treatment.

Thoughts?

Bump,

and sweet pics of the ACR Mike

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 06-02-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:12 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
I ordered my front chin spoiler!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
I thought I'd share a few pictures from my Tail of the dragon run this past Wednesday, May 27th when I was over in TN in Smoky Mountains for a week

A moment of happiness after taming the dragon

Few pictures taken by local photographers camping at certain curves who then post the pictures online available for purchase (print, digital download, cd, etc.)

And also was lucky enough to see this 2010 Dodge Viper ACR #17 out of 30 (So I was told). These guys traveled 2 and a half days from Nova Scotia, Canada down to Gatlingburg, TN with the Viper in a specifically designed and built color matching trailer for it, brought it down for a big show consisting of 120 Vipers from across the country and 30 local Vipers as well as other cars. This thing was simply gorgeous..

The following 2 users liked this post by Mik3G37S:
mike81 (03-05-2022), twin_snails (06-03-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Way to tame the dragon Mike, simply gorgeous shots all around. Jealous for sure
Mik3G37S (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Way to tame the dragon Mike, simply gorgeous shots all around. Jealous for sure
Thank you, I just can't wait to see the finished video put together from about 70GBs of footage we got with 3 gopros and my friend is working on putting it all together into a nice video. It was definitely worth the long drive even if it meant for me to drive alone for the most part for more than 12h. Unforgettable experience, definitely doing it again in a year or two
twin_snails (06-03-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 09:08 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
When I went shopping for my G, the Mustang was at the top of my list.

The shape of the trunk entrance ruined it for me though. I need to be able to get a wheel chair into the trunk. While the trunk looked big enough, the stylish cutout of the trunk lid was such that getting a wheel chair in and out would be a problem.

The Camaro was almost the same situation. The trunks in these cars flare out and are spacious, but have smaller than ideal entrances.

Perhaps I discounted these cars too soon. I can't recall if I ever TRIED to put a wheel chair in the trunk or not...perhaps I just looked at the opening and said NOPE, not gonna work.

I have since learned that the G37 coupe can likely fit a wheel chair...even with its tiny looking trunk.

So, I'll be test driving a coupe soon and will attempt to put a wheel chair in the trunk...if it fits, I may be getting a G37 coupe in 2016. I may as well do the same with the Mustang...before disqualifying it.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:29 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

On a different note, I've had a lingering problem for the past few weeks that I could use a little help on. Apparently my fender liner (front driver side wheel) is not secured anymore and makes horrible noises when going over bumps. I checked under there and it seems the tab that holds the liner to fender lip is broken. However, even when I take out a different one and secure it the noise still remains, It appears the tire is hitting the fender lip that sticks out thus rattling the hell out of the liner. I went to infinit to get another clip and they had no idea what it was (so they gave me some different kind of tabs and of course that didn't help).

I have two thoughts on this so tell me what sounds feasible.

1. Bend the lip back and hope it secures the liner.
2. Try to find a way to attach the liner to the top of the fender using some kind of sticky treatment.

Thoughts?
Bump,

Old 06-02-2015, 07:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Bump,

Around the G37, what is your name, be a lot easier than typing your long nic all the time, lol.
Do you have a pic of the problem area, those plastic backing plates should work if your old one just got stripped out or broken. Your G doesn't seem that low to be a constant problem area.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread