G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
As long as it's professionally painted, it will look good.

Pretty sure I've seen that GS pic, too, somewhere. Beautiful, IMO. But I won't deny where you're going with the idea that it makes the grille "smaller" in some sense. Particularly from a distance, when you can't make out the outline between the grille and the bumper. However, once you get close enough to see that outline, it looks fantastic.
Yes exactly well said...It did look good but just not necessarily something I would do in this case , hence the smaller looking grille where you can't make out the outline between the bumper and the grille and less sporty appearing costs more to get done too

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:33 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by aktif8
Yes, it pops right out. When you pull off the shifter trim, it'll come along with it. Piece of cake!
Well, it didn't pop out but when I applied a five inch Benchmade to it the pawls released easily! I'm finding the knife may be the best tool I have when it comes to the interior pieces.

New topic since there hasn't been any chatter in here in over 12 hours, has anyone tried the clear map lights? I'm wondering how they'll look instead of the frosted ones we have.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Okay now. I've got this itch to scratch but need a little help. I'm looking at the Uprev tune and the Ecutek tune. I've visited both web sites and see that the uprev tune seems more worth it with on the fly mode changing. I need to know who has this tune and would he or she mind sharing with me the differences the tune has made. Pros and cons. Plus, what's a reasonable price for the tune and work out the door?

Thank you
Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by warped ideas
Okay now. I've got this itch to scratch but need a little help. I'm looking at the Uprev tune and the Ecutek tune. I've visited both web sites and see that the uprev tune seems more worth it with on the fly mode changing. I need to know who has this tune and would he or she mind sharing with me the differences the tune has made. Pros and cons. Plus, what's a reasonable price for the tune and work out the door?

Thank you
Maybe Choman wouldn't mind to chime in about his recent uprev tune, I'm also in for pros and cons as well as what the reasonable price is , sooner or later I'm getting it so gotta get all info beforehand
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

+1 Thats the proper way to make any decision, IMO.

It's called P7: Proper Preperational Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance
Old 12-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Mik3G37S

LMAO good one
Old 12-30-2013, 08:25 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

You all can be sure that when I pull the trigger on the UPREV tune, I'll be posting a detailed review on it. I can't really find a detailed review yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by warped ideas:
Mik3G37S (12-30-2013), RexHavoc (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:33 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

You all can be sure that when I pull the trigger on the UPREV tune, I'll be posting a detailed review on it. I can't really find a detailed review yet.
Then you should definitely get it! I haven't sent too many reviews as detailed as yours.

I haven't gotten one yet but I was talking with a guy here locally that got it done and spent a little time in his car. Bagged, breather mods but NA not FI. It was the first coupe I've been in but I can tell you there was one heck of a difference off the line and mid range. We were in holiday traffic so no top end feedback. Anyway, he highly recommended the uprev tune and confirmed the selections on the fly. He did say that he rarely takes it out of power mode. IIRC he went to Z1 but I could be wrong.

I noticed (percieved) power and pull and a definite improved shift response in the AT. I don't think he gave his dyno results but I could be wrong. I doubt that really helps?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Thank you for making it the 7 Ps, I'm tired of the 6! Damn PC culture...
Old 12-30-2013, 09:50 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

The holidays have been good to me. Some mods for the car, and 78 Hrs of OT in one 2 week pay period. The tune is coming soon, I just need to make my mind up on which of the 2 Uprev Tuners in S. Fla I will be going with. One is 20 minutes away from me the other is an hour. The closest tuners shop doesn't look to be like it's had a LOT of business while te farther looks very profitable..... Decisions, decisions. From what I have read the software is the same but the tuner is the one that makes the difference.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I haven't seen too many reviews as detailed as yours.
Yep. That HFC post was a good one.

OMG, you guys and your hurry-up mods. I feel like I'm living in this glacial timeline that just happens to be crossing your busy paths at the moment. Buzz Buzz.

Drove my car today for the first time in... a week, maybe? All I did was go about 2 miles away to pick up one of my kids from a play date. God, I hate Winter.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:48 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Yep. That HFC post was a good one.

OMG, you guys and your hurry-up mods. I feel like I'm living in this glacial timeline that just happens to be crossing your busy paths at the moment. Buzz Buzz.

Drove my car today for the first time in... a week, maybe? All I did was go about 2 miles away to pick up one of my kids from a play date. God, I hate Winter.
I dunno about hurry up, stitching that damn shift boot took me about four hours yesterday and I'm thinking I may redo it with a waxed thread at some point in the future. We'll see.

I have to agree that I have been going pretty quickly. In hindsight a S probably,y would have saved me some effort. I have a specific goal and I've been working towards it, no doubt about that. Postponed some other things to make room in the budget and will, hopefully, not regret that decision. We'll see.

I've been upstate NY in the winter, you ARE in a glacial zone!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
How often do you start up your car? Just curious as I've had some pretty sluggish starting if I don't start it for 4-5 days. Battery died completely when I was doing that wrap on my door panels and didn't lodge something in the door switch to turn off cabin lights
Of course the fact that the battery water was about 3/4" low probably didn't help much.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Any guys in here replace the reverse lights w/ LED?

Can you please explain the install process? Looks like the trunk liner has to be pulled back by removing some clips, then the sockets for the reserve lights simply come out of the light assembly? Quarter twist? Making sure it's an easy install before I place an order, thanks

(searched the forums, threads I saw were either inconclusive or earlier model Gs)
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Any guys in here replace the reverse lights w/ LED?

Can you please explain the install process? Looks like the trunk liner has to be pulled back by removing some clips, then the sockets for the reserve lights simply come out of the light assembly? Quarter twist? Making sure it's an easy install before I place an order, thanks

(searched the forums, threads I saw were either inconclusive or earlier model Gs)
I've done it on both of my Gs.

Take out all of the push clips on the top half of the liner, I believe there is also one in the middle of the liner that can be taken off. Pop the handle out and you should be able to peel the liner back. Do the right hand light first, is much easier and will help you get a feel for the left one which will be different. Turn the white housing that is holding the bulb in to the left and it should just pop out. Replace the bulb and put it back in the same way it came out. On the left side disconnect the white clip from the housing that holds the bulb in. Then you should be able to do exactly the same thing you did on the right hand side.

If that doesn't make much sense let me know and I'll go out in the morning and take pictures. I'm trying to do it from memory right now.
The following users liked this post:
STownSaint (12-31-2013)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread