Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 03:31 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Everything is relative, Lego.

I also own a computer, a diswasher and a power drill, but only have skills with two of those things.
which glass cleaner do you use? my glasses never come out clear I always have to rinse them again
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Everything is relative, Lego.

I also own a computer, a diswasher and a power drill, but only have skills with two of those things.
Im guessing it's the dishwasher and computer
Old 05-12-2015, 06:03 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
^^^
What tips did you use here?

You need a CARMAX decal-delete mod. Right away, LOL.
Originally Posted by nishfish871
They look good, any side and closer up pics?
haha I knew someone would call me out on it! I used to work there and got employee discount. It's already off the car. I will get some better pics later on tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I m going to go out on a limb and assume that the muffler delete with test pipes is going to sound terrible and raspy so I would lean towards the RHFC
Ah, yes, the more research I do on exhaust combo's, the more I am finding that setup will be rasp city. I'm thinking to wait and buy a quality HFC or at least a resonated test pipe.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
You need a CARMAX decal-delete mod. Right away, LOL.
+1 !!

I had carmax remove mine for me before I took delivery
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Falker11
+1 !!

I had carmax remove mine for me before I took delivery

You should see the way they remove them . I knew the process so I did it myself at home.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
You should see the way they remove them . I knew the process so I did it myself at home.
i'm afraid to ask....

but i don't seen any residual paint issues where it was applied so all good
Old 05-14-2015, 06:07 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
put some titanium on some unobtainium

Old 05-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
That's a very pretty oil cap.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:12 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
That looks awfully good! You have me reconsidering getting rid of mine now.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:18 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Nice oil cap there! I wonder if they make it in other colors?
Old 05-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Nice oil cap there! I wonder if they make it in other colors?
Yep. But that pic... Green, Gold, polished SS and burnt Ti... Uh, no.

That doesn't mean it isn't attractive, because it is. However, too many crayons in that box.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-16-2015 at 07:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 03:11 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
So, went to order some new brake pads today from Racing Brake for an upcoming brake job I'm going to do and they're out of the front pads that I was going to get, specifically, the XT910's with no estimation of when they'll re-stock.

Called them and they said they had other options in the XT970's for front and XT960's for rear. The XT960/70's are a more track-oriented pad but they have customers that run them on the street.

Here's the description from their website:

The XT Series compounds were developed to handle the toughest track braking conditions. All of our XT series can deliver consistent brake torque, are excellent in modulation and highly resistant to wear, friendly to rotors, brake dust is easy to clean, and brake control.

XT910: Medium initial bite, medium to high friction and brake torque.

XT960: Medium initial bite, high friction and brake torque.

XT970: High initial bite, Extremely high friction and brake torque.

Thinking about taking one for the team and giving them a go. He said that being in Texas, it shouldn't be a problem as it would be in the northeast because they need some warmth to reach maximum performance.

Or I could go with another set of ET500 pads which is what I have now. Or I could be adventurous and see what it's like to have the face-ripping brake torque that the XT970/960 combo offers.

My RB two-piece rotors have zero wear after 45k miles of service-- no grooves, lips or edges anywhere on the disc. They're high carbon iron alloy (heat treated) and an extremely hard material.

I guess the question is, do I feel adventurous?
Old 05-16-2015, 08:56 AM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Morning guys...Just wanted you all to be some of the first to know that I am parting and selling the G.

I've done a LOT to it, and it's definitely a fun car, but I am wanting something a little more performance oriented. While the G is fun, it's pretty limited on what you can do power wise without going FI, which is really frustrating to me. I've found a couple E90 M3's in my price range and in the next couple of weeks I'm planning to pull the trigger on one!

This is NOT to post anything for sale (i know the right way to do that!) But wanted to give you guys the chance to snag some of these first before the vultures of FB and Craigslist get them. If there is anyone on here who wants some of my parts, please let me know. Shoot me a PM, I don't want to junk up this thread.

- BC Coils/UAS bags (No management)
- Airrex G37 Struts - BRAND NEW
- Motordyne E370 Exhaust, almost new
- Takeda CAI
- Eibach Sways
- Velgen VMB7's
- Project Kics R40 Iconix
- NAVtool
- Grom Audio BT
- OEM Front Sport Lip Black
Old 05-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 508 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
So, went to order some new brake pads today from Racing Brake for an upcoming brake job I'm going to do and they're out of the front pads that I was going to get, specifically, the XT910's with no estimation of when they'll re-stock.

Called them and they said they had other options in the XT970's for front and XT960's for rear. The XT960/70's are a more track-oriented pad but they have customers that run them on the street.

Here's the description from their website:

The XT Series compounds were developed to handle the toughest track braking conditions. All of our XT series can deliver consistent brake torque, are excellent in modulation and highly resistant to wear, friendly to rotors, brake dust is easy to clean, and brake control.

XT910: Medium initial bite, medium to high friction and brake torque.

XT960: Medium initial bite, high friction and brake torque.

XT970: High initial bite, Extremely high friction and brake torque.

Thinking about taking one for the team and giving them a go. He said that being in Texas, it shouldn't be a problem as it would be in the northeast because they need some warmth to reach maximum performance.

Or I could go with another set of ET500 pads which is what I have now. Or I could be adventurous and see what it's like to have the face-ripping brake torque that the XT970/960 combo offers.

My RB two-piece rotors have zero wear after 45k miles of service-- no grooves, lips or edges anywhere on the disc. They're high carbon iron alloy (heat treated) and an extremely hard material.

I guess the question is, do I feel adventurous?
IDK, I read theses descriptions:

XT970: Track dedicated/No compromise - for the dedicated track car.

XT960: Track duty with adequate street capability- Good for HPDE and the Open Track Driver who drives to the track.

XT910: Street pad with light track ability - Good for a new HPDE Driver and spirited driving.

Since XT970 and XT960 pads are formulated for track/high temperature use, using them on the street may result some unfavorable situations such as brake squeal, dirty wheels, less brake friction at cold temperatures, and excessive rotor wear. For street driving, we recommended that you swap to our ET series pads.

I'd be concerned about two things: are you ever going to get the pads up to operating temperature to recognize their benefits?

Two: Are they going to squeal obnoxiously when not up to operating temperatures?

Have you checked out Endless Brakes and Project Mu?
Old 05-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Morning guys...Just wanted you all to be some of the first to know that I am parting and selling the G.
What's that then... barely eight months, right?

Well, the heart wants what it wants, and it wasn't a 6MT Sport Sedan from Nissan. Good luck, man.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread