G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 11:43 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
I don't know if I agree with you guys on the exhaust not matching the cars character. I mean, we can beat up on an STI and countless other cars that are pretty loud from the factory........ However, I do think you need the right compliment of wheels, suspension, and aggressive mufflers to pull it off. I for one actually like that our cars don't get recognized by the general public but my damn exhaust gives it away sometimes.......
And apparently SRT8's too. With a little work. Not sure who's car this is but if it's anyone's on here...Nice run!!

Old 05-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
And apparently SRT8's too. With a little work. Not sure who's car this is but if it's anyone's on here...Nice run!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXc2_xvtFNs
I just saw that posted on facebook, that's pretty nice !

and since I have't really posted in a while I thought I'd share a few pictures on here as well

Finally got my new plates in about a week or two ago

And finally got my BBK done matching the accent color on my headlights

BTW don't judge my rock chips, it's my daily, I must get the bumper repainted eventually and put 3M clear bra on it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mik3G37S:
Lego_Maniac (05-02-2015), twin_snails (05-03-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 12:10 AM
alxmlr789

I'm colorblind mike...What color are those calipers painted? I need to do mine.

Any color votes for a black car?
Old 05-02-2015, 12:26 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I just saw that posted on facebook, that's pretty nice !

and since I have't really posted in a while I thought I'd share a few pictures on here as well

And finally got my BBK done matching the accent color on my headlights

BTW don't judge my rock chips, it's my daily, I must get the bumper repainted eventually and put 3M clear bra on it.
Mike, love that caliper color w/ the rest of your G, nice tie in to the headlight amber
Also GR8 PL8
Old 05-02-2015, 12:32 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Ummmm, how 'bout black

Old 05-02-2015, 12:34 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Just a post-wash pic. Getting ready for C&C in the morning. Got my rear springs on finally.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Wow Carl, that drop really turns up the aggressive look, very nice!
The following users liked this post:
IntricateDetail (05-02-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 12:46 AM
alxmlr789

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ummmm, how 'bout black

Can't say I dig the black my friend! I am thinking like a candy red, firetruck red. Something that really pops without looking Halloween-ish or ricey.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:00 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I frequently juggle with the thought of stripping and selling the G, getting into something in that 35-40k range (v8 M3, 2010+ CTSV, RS4). But then i realize I will have to dump some money into all of those vehicles for suspension, exhaust, wheels. Which gets me up into that 50k range, not to mention maintenance on those vehicles comes with a much higher cost.

I like the idea of an FI G37 throwing down 500hp, with cost of maintenance and reliability where it is (as long as I'm not running ridiculous boost). And, I'm still under 30k with the vehicle paid off. That alone is worth keeping the G. {endrant} Carry on. haha.
I contemplated that as well, but with my G paid off I decided to go TT. If you were to not build the motor you would be looking at 12-15k installed with supporting mods and 500-550whp on low boost which I am currently at. I have/can easily walk those cars you mentioned.

I also picked up an 07 E63 as my 'daily' for 20k, whereas my brother in law parted out his 350z and traded it for a '13 GTR for 75k. I've spent substantially less than him and have a car that can "hang" with his GTR and another that walks it when it's not even fully tuned yet.

But I won't deny that getting a faster platform to begin with is very enticing as long as you are OK with the price tag.

Last edited by ttv36; 05-02-2015 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Mik3G37S

They're Orange Alex , it was difficult to snap a quick photo yesterday during lunch break so both headlights and bbk reflect their actual color

You should consider teal, teal will look great on white but black as well, I've seen it before..

Can't sah I dig the black my friend! I am thinking like a candy red, firetruck red. Something that really pops without looking Halloween-ish or ricey.

Do mine look Halloween-ish or ricey because they're Orange? Lol it goes very well against graphite shadow that's why I did it because I knew it'd contrast very well lol

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 05-02-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:10 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by blnewt
Mike, love that caliper color w/ the rest of your G, nice tie in to the headlight amber
Also GR8 PL8
thank you Brad! That headlight eyelid isn't amber it's Audi Solar Orange it's not even close to amber but yeah I know it appears like that in the picture, neither are the BBK calipers like that in real time... Here they look boring and dull... In reality they're metallic shiny, vivid and vibrant and pop very well, can't go unnoticed.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:49 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Getting everything together and I m super excited to head back towards the east coast. Going to be in the Hampton, VA area. I can see there's a pretty good G scene over in Virginia Beach. So really the last three items I have left will be to get the CS conversion bumper on, bag the G, and maybe new wheels.

After that I think it's time to move on. Looking at a new S4 to be my go fast car and my G as my go low car. Will probably be saving up for a year Since next May I will pin on Capt and it will be my little reward to my self lol
Old 05-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Love it! nice idea
Old 05-02-2015, 08:06 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
You know what I've been thinking lately about the exhaust? It's that the exhaust note is much more than the car can pull off. Don't get me wrong, I love Love LOVE! the sound, it's just that the car itself doesn't really measure up to the noise it makes. When a M3 makes a sound like that, it's understandable. But my humble little Nissan, not so much.

Meh. I'll get over it. Truly is an amazing sound rowing aggressively up from first - second - third. I find myself holding first gear deeper into the revs than I used to, just so I can hear that sweet spot. Such a rewarding sweet spot, too.

As for being a power mod, untuned, after a year of having high-flow cats... there is a difference in mid-range. It used to feel like I had to chase that perfect shift when accelerating steadily. But now it just clicks up into the next gear and keep on with a consistent pull.

I'm really enjoying driving the car. It's a transformative experience. Kind of exhausting, too; I won't lie about that. It can wear you out.
Swapping that exhaust on really does change the car and the way you drive it I agree. The current tone is part of the reason I'm reluctant to swap out my intakes. I think you're going to keep that smile for some time yet.

I added the Motordyne m370 several weeks back and have noted a difference according to the butt dyno. Definitely feels like a stronger pull in the midrange, even from a dead stop if I hammer into it which I haven't done too much and won't until I finish the tune. Trying to eTune while moving and with work has not been kind at all. I suppose I should try to get something done this weekend but with the constant unpacking and getting ready to head to LA for three days then NYC for six there just never seems to be any time.

And at the same time I keep adding to my pile of parts. Got an ARC oil cap, put it in, took a picture now getting rid of it. Couple more odds and ends on order from Japan and... Well, let's just say I'll be selling a set of sedan headlights soon if anyone is looking for some ONEighty modded headlights.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
alxmlr789

They're Orange Alex , it was difficult to snap a quick photo yesterday during lunch break so both headlights and bbk reflect their actual color

You should consider teal, teal will look great on white but black as well, I've seen it before..

Do mine look Halloween-ish or ricey because they're Orange? Lol it goes very well against graphite shadow that's why I did it because I knew it'd contrast very well lol
No I think they look great! I've seen some that are a tacky orange that I'm not a fan of haha. I think I'm going to go with an orangey red metallic

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread