G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:28 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Can you comment on the fitment of your Takeda intake?
Originally Posted by Rochester
I second that request.

At some point someday, I'm planning on swapping out my R2C for the Takeda, and it sure would be nice to read an installation review like I did for the R2C.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...s-learned.html

Yea guys, I can probably do that. Ummm, swing by my thread and see the pics. I'll work on an installation review and put it up there. Should be done in about an hour or less. Thread in sig.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:41 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Install information put up there....though it's nothing fancy right now. Might add to it and just slap the pictures from the other post on there later, but for now...I just linked to the other post that has the install pics. Here's the installation comments. I'm tired...it's time for a massage. LOL

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ml#post3902079
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (04-29-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 12:35 PM
pgG37

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, my passenger airbag has been staying off for long period of time even with no passenger and 1 time with my wife on the passenger. Up until this week, it hasnt been consistent but in the last couple of days it has. I stopped by the dealer Tuesday afternoon to show them and they tried to see if it will generate an error code. Unfortunately it didnt. What I noticed since Monday is during my morning commute (30miles) it does not stay on... My afternoon commute, it does. That made me think if heat could be the factor to what's causing the the censor or what not to trigger it. My car is in the garage at night but during the day, its under the sun in a parking lot. This week has been pretty hot/warm in San Diego (90s) and this is the only time that it had happened consistently. And if I recall correctly, the day it was on when my wife was sitting on the passenger seat, it was in the 80s and it was mid day and my car was at a parking lot for a couple of hours. Thoughts? Opinions? I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow but really not sure how they can test it further unless the replace the censor or seat.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:27 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I second that request.

At some point someday, I'm planning on swapping out my R2C for the Takeda, and it sure would be nice to read an installation review like I did for the R2C.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...s-learned.html
Fitment on mine is very good. Sorry I don't have an installation review but it does take some muscling to pull the silicone couplers through the radiator shroud cut out. No big deal though. I'm very happy with mine and I was surprised at the quality of the splash shield. It's pretty stout.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:10 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
install was super easy just make sure you put the pipes on the correct side lol not the left one on the right side like I did...

also only about an hour left before I go pick up the car with the new RHFC!!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,645 Likes on 3,475 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
also only about an hour left before I go pick up the car with the new RHFC!!!!
Leave now. Just go.

No, wait, you can come back. LOL

Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
More 4k content from this morning's daily commute
The following 2 users liked this post by ttv36:
twin_snails (05-01-2015), ZOSTER33 (05-01-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 05:54 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Ok so the RHFC are in. I immediately noticed a difference when I started the car. It was a deeper and a bit louder. the sexy blurble is even more noticeable now at lower rpms and during acceleration which I love. Don't really notice much of a difference at higher rpms maybe louder

Now the dreaded hiss... yup its there no hiding it no denying it. I did a couple revs in the parking lot and it's there. I can hear it on the deceleration

and lastly no rasp phew
Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Now the dreaded hiss... yup its there no hiding it no denying it. I did a couple revs in the parking lot and it's there. I can hear it on the deceleration
Now that I'm attuned to it, I'm very aware of this noise when revving the engine in an area where there's echo. Like my driveway, or the garage. And although I've not done it, I can easily see myself getting p1ssed off if I had to maneuver around a parking garage all the time. The desire to rev the engine would be painfully tamped down by the self-consciousness of the hiss on decel. I imagine it to be bad enough to wish I owned an automatic. (LOL, just kidding.)

Hmm. Maybe this will keep me from being That Guy who revs his engine as he creeps around the parking lot?

Nah-h-h-h.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-01-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Hm, I don't find the overly annoying. I'm still enjoying driving through the parking garage at work, it's driving to and from I'm not enjoying any longer.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:02 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

I dont mind the hiss at all really i dont hear it unless I m really gunning it.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Hm, I don't find the overly annoying. I'm still enjoying driving through the parking garage at work, it's driving to and from I'm not enjoying any longer.
You know what I've been thinking lately about the exhaust? It's that the exhaust note is much more than the car can pull off. Don't get me wrong, I love Love LOVE! the sound, it's just that the car itself doesn't really measure up to the noise it makes. When a M3 makes a sound like that, it's understandable. But my humble little Nissan, not so much.

Meh. I'll get over it. Truly is an amazing sound rowing aggressively up from first - second - third. I find myself holding first gear deeper into the revs than I used to, just so I can hear that sweet spot. Such a rewarding sweet spot, too.

As for being a power mod, untuned, after a year of having high-flow cats... there is a difference in mid-range. It used to feel like I had to chase that perfect shift when accelerating steadily. But now it just clicks up into the next gear and keep on with a consistent pull.

I'm really enjoying driving the car. It's a transformative experience. Kind of exhausting, too; I won't lie about that. It can wear you out.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:11 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
^ Car usually moves faster after an exhaust upgrade. Mainly because the right foot touches the floor so much more often!
The following 2 users liked this post by ttv36:
AroundTheG37 (05-01-2015), Mik3G37S (05-01-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 07:43 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
You know what I've been thinking lately about the exhaust? It's that the exhaust note is much more than the car can pull off. Don't get me wrong, I love Love LOVE! the sound, it's just that the car itself doesn't really measure up to the noise it makes. When a M3 makes a sound like that, it's understandable. But my humble little Nissan, not so much.

Meh. I'll get over it. Truly is an amazing sound rowing aggressively up from first - second - third. I find myself holding first gear deeper into the revs than I used to, just so I can hear that sweet spot. Such a rewarding sweet spot, too.

As for being a power mod, untuned, after a year of having high-flow cats... there is a difference in mid-range. It used to feel like I had to chase that perfect shift when accelerating steadily. But now it just clicks up into the next gear and keep on with a consistent pull.

I'm really enjoying driving the car. It's a transformative experience. Kind of exhausting, too; I won't lie about that. It can wear you out.
I agree with this ^ The car really doesn't live up to it's exhaust note. But, at the end of the day it is faster than most sedans on the road. Once i get my intake, TP's and tune, I am hoping for some bigger *****. But, I am saving up for a GTM charger. But, at that point....I might be looking into a new car. haha.

I frequently juggle with the thought of stripping and selling the G, getting into something in that 35-40k range (v8 M3, 2010+ CTSV, RS4). But then i realize I will have to dump some money into all of those vehicles for suspension, exhaust, wheels. Which gets me up into that 50k range, not to mention maintenance on those vehicles comes with a much higher cost.

I like the idea of an FI G37 throwing down 500hp, with cost of maintenance and reliability where it is (as long as I'm not running ridiculous boost). And, I'm still under 30k with the vehicle paid off. That alone is worth keeping the G. {endrant} Carry on. haha.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:41 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I don't know if I agree with you guys on the exhaust not matching the cars character. I mean, we can beat up on an STI and countless other cars that are pretty loud from the factory........ However, I do think you need the right compliment of wheels, suspension, and aggressive mufflers to pull it off. I for one actually like that our cars don't get recognized by the general public but my damn exhaust gives it away sometimes.......
The following 4 users liked this post by AroundTheG37:
alxmlr789 (05-01-2015), blnewt (05-01-2015), Mik3G37S (05-01-2015), RexHavoc (05-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread