G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
They look like nicely designed trim pieces. I'm not big into CF, but appreciate the look, and the border edge, and the little NISMO logo is something we all recognize as uniquely Nissan. The cost is high, but that's irrelevant to assessing how something looks, and value is personal. Overall, it's an interesting item that I never heard of before until your comment and photos, and I'm happy for you that you're all jazzed up with something new. We all know how that feels.

But I don't actually like them on the car. If they were gray CF instead of black, and without the NISMO logo, I'm sure I'd feel differently.
Honestly I didn't consider the cost being that bad for something shipped express international with tracking insured straight from Japan and having Nismo on each door, it's 5HP each lol. I said the same thing about the Nismo before but I actually don't mind it now
Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice pieces and price there, Mike. I almost bought those when I was at my home country 2 summers ago. Holding them in my hands, I must say, the quality is top. The only thing stopped me from buying back then was the NISMO logos, they gave me this Honda vtec stickers feel. Regardless, I'm amazed you got them that price from the "gray import market", my dealership priced them at 150 USD at the time. Funny how they were the hottest accessory for the Infinity Juke in my country.
About the power folding mirrors, that is one of my G wish list item. My friend 370gt sedan has those and they are kick@$$. And the Carwings features........
Old 04-08-2015, 06:01 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I guess it depends how bad your curb rash on the wheel is. Most times it's already included in powdercoating unless it requires some welds in spots of the rash then its extra.

Yes! Now I like that much more!DOMO
I have to get the work done at two different shops. The wheel shop only paints or dips so.... The enhanced functionality should be interesting considering it's an additional option over and above the folding mirror option. I told the guys I would work with them to develop and document a DIY when I do the install.

Originally Posted by 4WDve
Nice pieces and price there, Mike. I almost bought those when I was at my home country 2 summers ago. Holding them in my hands, I must say, the quality is top. The only thing stopped me from buying back then was the NISMO logos, they gave me this Honda vtec stickers feel. Regardless, I'm amazed you got them that price from the "gray import market", my dealership priced them at 150 USD at the time. Funny how they were the hottest accessory for the Infinity Juke in my country.
About the power folding mirrors, that is one of my G wish list item. My friend 370gt sedan has those and they are kick@$$. And the Carwings features........
What exactly are the Carwings???

if you want folding mirrors let me know, I have two sets right now plus most the fixings to build another set.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:27 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I guess when all you have in the design toolbox is a protractor and a ruler, this..

Here's Why The Lexus RX Was The Biggest Loser In New York

That design (or lack thereof), is not going to age well and will be relegated to "that sharp razor angles everywhere thing" in the annals of automotive design history.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you want folding mirrors let me know, I have two sets right now plus most the fixings to build another set.[/QUOTE]

Thx bro. I was planning to bring a set of mirrors over but I left them at home since I found out they will not work on the U.S spec car without modifications. Those connectors are bigger than what we have here plus extras wires. And then the camera would be on the wrong side also.

Car wings is a nav feature that connects with the mobile phone. It allows you to send and read messages on the nav screen. Plus it connects you to a live operator who give you travel guidance with real time traffic and weather update. We were driving to the beach and my friend asked the Carwings lady for a rest stop address that was not registered in the nav. When she overheard our conversation that we needed gas, she gave us the location of a gas station with cheaper gas and complimentary car wash. That's luxuryyy
Old 04-08-2015, 08:45 PM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey guys! I've been looking into getting Eibach Pro lowering springs for my G sedan, but as some of you know, I have a G25. Is there going to be a difference in weight or anything that will cause the springs to lower my car more/less than they would lower a 37? If anyone has any different suggestions for a 25 please let me know! Can't be too low due to craptastic Maine roads though, thanks!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by roxx
Hey guys! I've been looking into getting Eibach Pro lowering springs for my G sedan, but as some of you know, I have a G25. Is there going to be a difference in weight or anything that will cause the springs to lower my car more/less than they would lower a 37? If anyone has any different suggestions for a 25 please let me know! Can't be too low due to craptastic Maine roads though, thanks!
That's an interesting question about weight difference. The G37x Sedan has a curb weight of 3822 lbs, and the G25x has a curb weight of 3751. Would 71 lbs matter to the lowering springs? Probably not. If anything, it would make your drop just a little bit more conservative.

I just wrote and deleted about four G25 questions.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 PM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably pull the trigger on those too when I get rims then!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:21 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by 4WDve

if you want folding mirrors let me know, I have two sets right now plus most the fixings to build another set.
Thx bro. I was planning to bring a set of mirrors over but I left them at home since I found out they will not work on the U.S spec car without modifications. Those connectors are bigger than what we have here plus extras wires. And then the camera would be on the wrong side also.

Car wings is a nav feature that connects with the mobile phone. It allows you to send and read messages on the nav screen. Plus it connects you to a live operator who give you travel guidance with real time traffic and weather update. We were driving to the beach and my friend asked the Carwings lady for a rest stop address that was not registered in the nav. When she overheard our conversation that we needed gas, she gave us the location of a gas station with cheaper gas and complimentary car wash. That's luxuryyy[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, I do need Carwings it turns out!

They are bigger, the same connectors as the FX has. An option is to rebuild a set of 'vert mirrors (or have Connor do them) and go that route. Which was my initial plan that I've devited from a bit so far. May still go full circle on that route, trying to decide.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

John, today should be a good day for you yes? A certain shipment arrival..
Old 04-09-2015, 03:36 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
John, today should be a good day for you yes? A certain shipment arrival..
How long do you suppose this arrival will be displayed in the living room for all to admire?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,646 Likes on 3,476 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
How long do you suppose this arrival will be displayed in the living room for all to admire?
For however long it takes between Friday afternoon and whenever my mechanic is available. Dropped the wife's car off there just a few hours ago, and he's seriously booked up. So IDK really. I'm hoping for any day next week.

Any day at all.

Most of the time, he prefers to keep the car all day, to fit work in on his time. But I'd really like to be there for this install. We'll see what happens. While there, I'm planning on showing him the bushings I customized for the rear springs, and the Vert Cradle Braces... intended for a follow-up install on those parts, and to re-check the fitment on the catback after it settles in.

Meanwhile, it's getting warmer out, so the VOSSENS go back on the car this weekend. And I can get that roofwing installed soon sometime in the next few weeks. Along with popping off the fog trim rings and replacing them with the ones I bought new and had painted this winter. And I'd like to clay & wax the car overall... that's a given. And get the leather interior treated properly with Leatherique.

So much fun stuff! I just need to be patient, is all.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:08 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

I know exactly where you are at this point. Patience for me required a great deal of reigning in and restraining my inner feeling at the time:

LOL!

Old 04-09-2015, 05:35 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I know this mod seems like a waste of money to many, but thought it would match my interior pretty nicely.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:31 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

^^ Nice eurtsx! I actually like the CF trim on the center stack. A small mod but those small details add up.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread